shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever sell books by the lot to an online store?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Anyone ever sell books by the lot to an online store? Are there any buyers you'd recommend?

I mean the ones where you send the isbn numbers, they tell you how much they'd pay for them, they send you a free shipping label and you send them off.

I need to get rid of some clutter. I don't have the energy to list them myself on Amazon.

Thanks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't, but I have sold books before to a used book store and I have tried Amazon. Be prepared, that unless the books is unique/hard-to-find, etc., you will get very little for them. I did have a couple of unusual books that sold for around $70, but the rest were pennies on the dollar. And, FWIW, I regret selling many of them! Just something to think about... I am currently REBUYING some of the ones I wish I had kept.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I have sold some books back to Amazon. The process was exactly how you described it: enter the ISBN and then print out a shipping label. We sold a bunch of books after college that we were not going to use. Some were textbooks that the bookstore would not buy back. I agree with MC that you do get pennies on the dollar, but these were things we couldn't sell readily any place else. It was nice to get a few dollars for something that I was just going to donate anyway and declutter.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe 8 months ago I sold some books to AbeBooks (http://www.abebooks.com/books/Sell/) - I had done a quick comparison of some of my books between Amazon and AbeBooks, and title for title, AbeBooks was offering the same if not more money and also wanted to purchase more titles, so AbeBooks was the clear choice for me.

I ended up sending out two boxes of books (mostly fiction but some textbooks) and used their postage-paid mailing labels - AbeBooks was responsive and emailed me at each stage (received the boxes, processed the titles, etc) and paid promptly. Very happy with their service.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I also have used Amazon and it is hit or miss with them. They usual only take back books that are recent. However it is extremely easy to use thier system. Plus Amazon pays for shipping. If I go to my local place I have to drive there and then wait for them to go throught he books, make me an offer and then give me the cash. The whole thing can take at least 90 minutes and that is if I'm the first person in line. :rolleyes:

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very much. Ya'll are the best !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results