shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Anyone else like a good vacation piece?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
298D461D-AC93-4238-B9AD-61788C830008.jpeg

I can’t be the only person here who likes to memorialize vacations (big ones, not a rando weekend away) with a special piece.

We went to Greece for a family wedding that conincided with my 40th. I went to the famous Byzantino Jeweler in Plaka Athens for a ring. They are known for hand made, 100% authentic Greek and Byzantine reproduction work. Their work gained notice when the Greek delegations at the Olympics started wearing it at the Sydney Olympics.

This ring blows my mind - each of the balls is hand made, not lost wax but made by dropping molten gold and rolling it! It’s 22 carat with a tiny cab sapphire and ruby.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m notorious for collecting vacation pieces!
Nothing monumental or as significant as your ring, but I’m a souvenir addict to the core...lol!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Love the intricacy and 22K. So unique and lovely. I collect art when I travel. Would love to focus on jewelry but the pieces I love are always too pricey $$$

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I have an 18k pendant that I bought while in South America in the mid 70’s. I also have little tiny silver boxes from Mexico. Whenever I look at these I reminisce about the trip! Your ring is amazing!!!!!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How lovely, a very pretty ring, and such good memories.
Yes indeed I do when I can, nothing mega expensive though. A simple handmade Greek gold and cabochon sapphire ring when on the mainland, a Mykonos Silver and pearl necklace....I do love the memories that come with holiday jewellery. :love:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE!!!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like you are wearing on your thumb is that right? I LOVE this. The intricacy is spectacular.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like you are wearing on your thumb is that right? I LOVE this. The intricacy is spectacular.

Yes, I wear this on my left thumb. Less wear and tear (right handed) given the softness of the gold.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Really unique and a great memory- I love vacation jewelry too!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, the workmanship is superb.
What a lovely way to remember your holiday in a way that will continue to bring you joy and reawaken fond memories.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous piece and definitely one that perfectly symbolizes your trip!! :love: I did the same in Italy and love wearing it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have done it, beginning with a trip to France when I was almost 17! Sadly, I no longer have the piece I bought there, but I have bought things here and there on other trips. I'd say my favorite trip souvenir is a VCA Alhambra bracelet that I bought in Houston. We adopted our youngest child in China as an infant, and I bought a couple of rings to save for her and some freshwater pearls. So I kind of always have jewelry on my mind when I travel, but I don't always find something that I really want.

Your new ring is beautiful! I really like Byzantine pieces! The gold is so rich and intricately made.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! We're going to Greece for our honeymoon this summer and I'm already starting to research jewelry!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hello
I love travel jewellery but only have one piece although it's a very special one!

In the year 2000 my boyfriend (now husband), and I went travelling throughout South America, new Zealand, Australia and Thailand. Whilst in the Pacific's we went to Tahiti and Moorea where we bought a beautiful A graded, 13.72mm grey blue pearl. On our return home, my boyfriend sketched a design for a necklace and we dreamed of being able to get it set (we had spent everything we had on our trip) .

Skip forward 5 years to 2005 and I came home from work one day to see a box sitting on the table. This was inside
IMG_20190331_092422.jpg IMG_20190331_092539.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Hello
I love travel jewellery but only have one piece although it's a very special one!

In the year 2000 my boyfriend (now husband), and I went travelling throughout South America, new Zealand, Australia and Thailand. Whilst in the Pacific's we went to Tahiti and Moorea where we bought a beautiful A graded, 13.72mm grey blue pearl. On our return home, my boyfriend sketched a design for a necklace and we dreamed of being able to get it set (we had spent everything we had on our trip) .

Skip forward 5 years to 2005 and I came home from work one day to see a box sitting on the table. This was inside

What a lovely necklace and memory :)

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The workmanship is sublime! Jewelry is my go to souvenir for vacations. So much better than a t-shirt lol! My husband brought me back jewelry after each deployment also. I can truly tell the story of my life in my jewelry box! I hope you document the story of the ring for your family members.

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Hello

That is a beautiful pendant and a wonderful story!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results