shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! I''m a newbie to PS but I love reading up on everything. My BF and I have been together 6.5 years and we are starting to talk about rings. I started looking on PS and a bunch of other websites and I thought I wanted a Princess. then 2 days ago I decided a RB will be better because of the cut and other tools out there able to measure what a really good RB diamond is. But now today I looked at asschers and some of the other shapes on GOG and I have no idea what I want! The more I look the more I change my mind what shape I want.

As exciting as looking for rings are and thinking about getting engaged to my BF, this process can be frustrating lol! He told me to print out every week the ring i''d like so when he decides to propose he will get the one i want. But I change my mind all the time lol. I think i started off with the princess because its different, but still semi-classic because its a popular stone. the RB is sooo pretty though but I am having issues with an actual "round" shape. GOG has the modifications but since there are so few I''m worried that I won''t have as much selection. Can anyone else feel my pain of indecision???? Thanks!!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
How about going to the store to actually try on the rings and different shape diamonds. Rounds are pretty and face up big, asschers face up small.. so you really need to see and try on the diamond ring... I bet that will help you decide what you really like!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I changed my mind several times. It''s all part of the process. I now have my ring and I couldn''t be happier!

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I''d love to go see diamonds in person but i think my BF is worried about getting pressured to buy. he bought me a nice tanzanite ring last year at Belden jewelers and we bought it within 15 minutes of looking. is it ok to look and ask a lot of questions (cut, color, etc) just for info from BM jewelers? otherwise i can''t wait to try on rings!!!
1.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 9:37:43 PM
Author: cutiegirl84
Yeah I''d love to go see diamonds in person but i think my BF is worried about getting pressured to buy. he bought me a nice tanzanite ring last year at Belden jewelers and we bought it within 15 minutes of looking. is it ok to look and ask a lot of questions (cut, color, etc) just for info from BM jewelers? otherwise i can''t wait to try on rings!!!
1.gif

I think it''s ok to just look at BM stores. Stand firm and dont get pressured to buy from them if u don''t want to. Remember it''s your money (his, yours etc) don''t let others pressure you. I am not sure I would ask questions re: quality of diamonds and 4c''s etc from a BM jeweler as they don''t see to be very educated in that. I''d come to PS for the edu.
Another option is, go to the BM store by yourself and try on rings. That way, the SA can''t pressure your BF.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a great idea to go to several different stores by yourself. It will take the pressure off you worrying about pressure on your BF, and it can make a huge difference in what you think you like once the stone shape, setting, size, etc is actually on your finger. It really helped me focus what I was most drawn to on my finger as opposed to in the case. Take your time and enjoy!!

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much for the help! I''ll definitely be heading to some stores in my free time to look at rings!! soooo exciting. it will be great if i can finally make up my mind about a shape at least. I know i like the low profile settings like the vatche x prong so i''ll look for a store in my area that carries them ;-)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry about not finding a good selection once you are ready to look seriously. New stones are available all the time and vendors can call in stones if they don''t have exactly what you are looking for. You want to take your time. A lot of us has spent months going back and forth on stone shape and settings, often times ending up with something very different from our original idea...thanks to the Show Me the Ring forum!!

And most people look a lot more than buy, sales people should be used to showing many more rings and stones than they sell. Just don''t take money or credit cards shopping! Some of us go to jewelry stores and try on every single thing we like knowing full well we are not buying today. How else can you compare? Think of it like buying a bathing suit or bra. How many do you try on before you buy one? And no one could pressure you into buying one that didn''t fit!

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 1:35:12 AM
Author: swingirl
Don''t worry about not finding a good selection once you are ready to look seriously. New stones are available all the time and vendors can call in stones if they don''t have exactly what you are looking for. You want to take your time. A lot of us has spent months going back and forth on stone shape and settings, often times ending up with something very different from our original idea...thanks to the Show Me the Ring forum!!

And most people look a lot more than buy, sales people should be used to showing many more rings and stones than they sell. Just don''t take money or credit cards shopping! Some of us go to jewelry stores and try on every single thing we like knowing full well we are not buying today. How else can you compare? Think of it like buying a bathing suit or bra. How many do you try on before you buy one? And no one could pressure you into buying one that didn''t fit!
thanks! that''s a really good point, i never thought of it that way. hopefully seeing some diamonds in person will at least narrow my search. I''ll try on everything!!

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
I changed my mind many times. At first I also wanted a princess cut, I think because it was a stretch from the traditional round. Then I started to want a round I think because I want an eternity band as my wedding ring but didn''t really care for the look of a princess eternity band. Then I moved to pear, and finally to cushion (which I had no idea what it was until this site). I loved the fact that a cushion was kind like a princess and a round mixed together and a step away from the traditional. But it took me several months and trips to stores to find what I wanted. Finally, the fiance had to give ME a timeline to decide what I wanted.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

Who says you have to take him with you? I''m going next weekend with my sister just to look and see what looks good on my hand. You can go and see what shapes and kinds of settings you like and then find examples of them on-line to print out for him. I would assume there wouldn''t be as much pressure to buy if it''s just a couple girls trying on rings. Why not just take a good friend just to get ideas of what you like and what it looks like on your finger?

PS - I love the Asscher too which is one reason I''m glad I found PS because I know when it comes time to buy my SO can got to RT and get great advice on the stone form the experts here.

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:37:41 AM
Author: KCCutie

1.gif

Who says you have to take him with you? I''m going next weekend with my sister just to look and see what looks good on my hand. You can go and see what shapes and kinds of settings you like and then find examples of them on-line to print out for him. I would assume there wouldn''t be as much pressure to buy if it''s just a couple girls trying on rings. Why not just take a good friend just to get ideas of what you like and what it looks like on your finger?

PS - I love the Asscher too which is one reason I''m glad I found PS because I know when it comes time to buy my SO can got to RT and get great advice on the stone form the experts here.
That is so true! I should just take my friend with me instead of my BF anyway. thanks for the advice!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I think if the B&M store starts pressuring you, you can rule out that store as your potential jeweler. A good jeweler will understand that you are doing your research, and will gladly pull out tons of rings for you.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I actually posted a thread similar to this! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO indecisive. I''ve tried saving pictures from here,and eliminating, but then I go back and look again and I''m like GAH but I LIKE THAT! lol. I Don''t know what I want. I know three for sure that are in my top list of candidacy... but I''m just not 100% FOR SURE of what I want. I''m going to try to go to a local B&M to try on at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results