shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else cleaning/looping jewelry while home?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ultrasonic is working overtime.
I found a small chip on one of the outside stones of my 7-stone. A problem for another day & time though.
Everything is looking very clean. I’ve started wearing bizarre color combinations just to pass the time.
Be well!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
My ultrasonic is working overtime.
I found a small chip on one of the outside stones of my 7-stone. A problem for another day & time though.
Everything is looking very clean. I’ve started wearing bizarre color combinations just to pass the time.
Be well!

This is a great idea! I do this every once in a while, what i call a "big clean" when i pull out my Bronson and throw everything in until it loupes clean. But with the kids home, I probably won't (I use my big kitchen counter, and it may be to tempting for kids to mess with!!)
Sorry about the chip, I hope it doesnt bother you too much. On a similar note, my daughter chipped her tooth on Monday (well she noticed it on Monday, anyway) i took her to the dentist, and they ex-rayed, and its not anything major thank goodness. But, she too has to wait to fix it until this all blows over. The dentist didnt even get to close to her, lol. Social distancing is really everywhere!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a Big Clean yesterday! I have been wearing my studs & pendant anyway, which come off for cleaning, but I stopped wearing rings & bracelets about 6 days ago due to A. Constant hand washing & lotion, and B. Slopping around the house, homeschooling, PE lessons & cleaning. I was quite hearty-eyed when I saw my pear again. It felt quite big, so DSS will be gone completely in no time!

I scrubbed & soaked them, then 2 cycles in the ultrasonic, then a soak in 90% alcohol. If I hadn't soaked my jewels in it, I might have been tempted to knock it back :lol:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I did a Big Clean yesterday! I have been wearing my studs & pendant anyway, which come off for cleaning, but I stopped wearing rings & bracelets about 6 days ago due to A. Constant hand washing & lotion, and B. Slopping around the house, homeschooling, PE lessons & cleaning. I was quite hearty-eyed when I saw my pear again. It felt quite big, so DSS will be gone completely in no time!

I scrubbed & soaked them, then 2 cycles in the ultrasonic, then a soak in 90% alcohol. If I hadn't soaked my jewels in it, I might have been tempted to knock it back :lol:

Omg your process is so similar to mine! I ultra, scrub, ultra again and then alcohol. Your kids didnt touch your set up? Thats my big fear...Im very specific and i like to spread everything out; i dont even like to clean when my hubbys home!!
I should put my ring away too, lately i have been really desperate to upgrade to 2 ct...i need a cheaper cure!! ;-)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg your process is so similar to mine! I ultra, scrub, ultra again and then alcohol. Your kids didnt touch your set up? Thats my big fear...Im very specific and i like to spread everything out; i dont even like to clean when my hubbys home!!
I should put my ring away too, lately i have been really desperate to upgrade to 2 ct...i need a cheaper cure!! ;-)

No, my children don't pay any interest to me cleaning my jewellery. They're quite happy to try it on when it's all sparkly though :shock:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, me too. I’ve also got the silver polishing cloth out and adding extra shine.
Something soothing I find about cleaning jewellery.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve pulled out my ultrasonic twice this weekend. I agree that it is very soothing to clean my jewelry!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
No, my children don't pay any interest to me cleaning my jewellery. They're quite happy to try it on when it's all sparkly though :shock:

Ok i think im gonna try it! Ive never had an issue, but i always thought maybe diamonds all laid out drying on paper towels everywhere looks mighty tempting, but maybe thats just to me anyway, haha!! :)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, me too. I’ve also got the silver polishing cloth out and adding extra shine.
Something soothing I find about cleaning jewellery.

Me too!!! Its like a fun project that i look forward to! I also like the way my diamond necklaces shimmer in the water... :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results