shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone care to share the approx cost to turn a brooch into a ring?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I bought a blue zircon cluster pendant and want to turn it into a ring. I just wanted to see if I could get an approximate cost so I can figure out if this is a do it soon project or if it’s a wait a little bit project. I feel so awkward asking jewelers for quotes when I’m not sure if it’s in the near future.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I had a blue zircon pin brooch made into a ring. I thought the jeweller would just bend the pin into a ring shape, but sadly, no (he said the prongs on the brooch setting weren't secure enough for every day ring wear. Fair enough). I'm in the UK. It cost me £100 for the new setting to hold the stone and £60 to make the new gold band. I provided the gold. You might just need the band/ring part made.

Would love to see pictures :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics!!! A friend had a plain 14K band done for around $300 last year. They quoted her $1k to do an diamond eternity style for the shank.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I had a blue zircon pin brooch made into a ring. I thought the jeweller would just bend the pin into a ring shape, but sadly, no (he said the prongs on the brooch setting weren't secure enough for every day ring wear. Fair enough). I'm in the UK. It cost me £100 for the new setting to hold the stone and £60 to make the new gold band. I provided the gold. You might just need the band/ring part made.

Would love to see pictures :)

Ooh do you have pics you don’t mind sharing?

Here’s what I bought. Been dying for a cluster ring but didn’t want to spend nice cluster ring money lol. Hoping the jeweler can make the prongs nicer too. AF2049FC-F76C-4068-8370-2607F7744C1A.jpeg

We need pics!!! A friend had a plain 14K band done for around $300 last year. They quoted her $1k to do an diamond eternity style for the shank.

Do mean from a pin? Like one of those bar pins with all the diamonds in it?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is going to be gorgeous!!!!! Love it!!!!

Her brooch was similar to this. I don’t know if he used gold wire or used a plain band and removed part of it to make the shank to attach to the brooch. He said he could do a diamond pave shank for $1K. Does that answer your question? I’d ask her for pics but her DH doesn’t know about it and he’s home all the time like the rest of us right now.
FE315D73-7DC7-461F-8895-228C595FF791.jpeg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that is going to be gorgeous!!!!! Love it!!!!

Her brooch was similar to this. I don’t know if he used gold wire or used a plain band and removed part of it to make the shank to attach to the brooch. He said he could do a diamond pave shank for $1K. Does that answer your question? I’d ask her for pics but her DH doesn’t know about it and he’s home all the time like the rest of us right now.
FE315D73-7DC7-461F-8895-228C595FF791.jpeg

Oh ok I understand now! Lol it’s ok my husband doesn’t know about my recent purchase either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results