shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Bought Jewelry on EBay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccepaulb

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever bought anything on Ebay? I see a really nice necklace that appears to be a good price, but I''m scared to buy over Ebay.
I was looking at a piece from 101 jewelers? http://stores.ebay.com/101JEWELERS

Should I run away?????

Thanks, Paul

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 4:33:09 PM
Author:ccepaulb
Has anyone ever bought anything on Ebay? I see a really nice necklace that appears to be a good price, but I''m scared to buy over Ebay.
I was looking at a piece from 101 jewelers? http://stores.ebay.com/101JEWELERS

Should I run away?????

Thanks, Paul
yes..the other way and fast!
you can find better diamonds, guaranteed quality and reputable vendors here. don''t take any risks with ebay on a diamond purchase.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paul,

Make sure you understand what the term 'clarity enhanced' means before you buy. They seem to sell a lot of these. I looked at 3 auctions more or less at random and all 3 contained enhanced diamonds. It's mentioned in the fine print at the bottom of the Global International Gemologists appraisal report. Use the search box at the top right corner of the page and look for 'clarity enhanced', 'yehuda', and 'CE diamonds'. This is not a tiny detail.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You should DEFINITELY run!!! I just looked at two princess cut stones and both are the WORST, and I mean WORST stones I''ve ever seen. A depth in the 50''s and table in the 80''s? DISGUSTING!!! Also, these stones are clarity enhanced, and "certified" by a company I''ve never heard of. The GIG? My take is the "gig" is up!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I have ALOT of Ebay experience, and I can tell you deals CAN be had on Ebay. My diamond Plat vintage band was bought on Ebay for $850, and Just appraised at $7,100 at Joe Escobar diamonds!!!! I have years of eBay experience, and just recently made several purchases that clearly were winners. I dont think however my luck is common. I can tell you on your item in question, I never buy from any seller who keeps bidders private, or item numbers private. The BEST jewelry deals you will find will be private party, not ebay stores. There are a few exceptions(such as signed pieces etc) but then it still is not absolute steal like a private party. Feedback, return policy, all are important. If you put in ALOT of time, and use good sense you will fing something. I still morn the Simon G 1.85 diamond band I forgot to bid on, sold for $695....What was the retail price?..... I wont go there I am sure you can only imagine!!!!!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought several jewelry items on ebay from 5th ave jewels and I just love them. I have also bought Tiffany items from private sellers. You definitely have to do your research in order to avoid getting scammed, which I have in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results