shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Been to Maya Riviera or Punta Cana??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
If yes, where would you recommend we go for our honeymoon? We want all inclusive - adult only - spoil us rotten romantic honeymoon with jacuzzi in the room and everything! I have heard some reviews on other sites..but what about you guys? Ever been? HELP!?
rolleyes.gif

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Although Punta Cana was nice, I wouldn't go there for my honeymoon. I would recommend Turks and Caicos for an exquisite trip. I would also have to say that Antigua and St.Lucia are great islands as well. (St. Lucia has that "hawaiian" feel to it.
1.gif
)

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
I stayed at the Royal Solaris in cancun twice....both times were NOT during spring break or the crazy times. I would highly recommend this hotel as it has the best of everything and is all inclusive. They have food 24 hrs a day and cater to your every whim. The only thing is that children are allowed here. (just remembered thats not what you want) When I stayed at Sandals there were certain times to eat at certain restaurants. If you wanted a late dinner you could basically just get burgers after 9. I didn't like the eating at certain times thing at sandals. Wherever you choose I'm sure you will have the time of your life.
1.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Depending on your budget, look into Maroma resort on the mayan riviera. It's exquisite. I've never stayed there, but it's got the best ratings in mexico from Conde Nast. However, it's not an AI -- it's more private than that.

As per AIs in Mexico, I've heard the Royal Hideaway in Playacar is nice. I'm not a huge AI fan, however -- too many people crowded around the pool for me!

DD

Rough_Rock
We spend our honeymoon at Xpu Ha Palace on the Mayan Riviera in August 2002 and loved it. Our room had a jacuzzi, and we could open the door to the balcony and look out at the ocean. We liked the food, service, excursions and the setting so much that we'd go back.

There were children at the resort, but I think that Palace has adult-only properties in the area.

DD

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I was there about 7 years ago, before it was the "Mayan Riviera" and remember snow-white sands and unreal turquoise waters. We will be going to Isla Mujeres in March--my first time back to the area--partly because it's so easy to fly in and out of Cancun.

I have also heard that if you're going to do an AI on the Mayan Riviera, the Royal Hideaway is the only place to go. I don't know if they have jacuzzis in the room, though.

robd1438

Rough_Rock
I'm going to the Palladium Grand Resort in playa del carmen (mayan rivieria) on March 7th (this is where i will be proposing). They have amazing mayan suites and the grounds look great. i will let you know when i get back what i think, but if you search through webshots.com and search for palladium grand you can see alot of good pictures of it.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I didn't get married there but I went to adults only Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana and I loved it. I think if you're a super active person, this is not the place for you, but we wanted to spend 7 days drinking, sunning and being lazy. I have some pictures I can scan if you want to see the beach etc.

This is the ONLY adults only resort in Punta Cana and it's atleast an hour drive from the airport. We went Apple Vacations charter from Chicago and paid $1200/pp INCLUDING airfare and all food, drinks!!

Jaime
[email protected]

tessa

Shiny_Rock
There are some nice places near Ixtapa too.

Hest were you at Huatulco before it was all developed.
The only time I ever thought I might actually die was during an emergency rescue from one of the bays during a sudden squall that blew over.
One of the passenger water taxi launches actually did turn over.

We were in open water between bays.
Had our 2 kids, aged 2 & 4 at that time. We brought our own life jackets and luckily so because none were provided for anyone at all on those boats.

It was a little too too exciting. The swells were about 2.5 times the size of the boat. And it was heavily stormy. And there are sharks in that water too.

I have had many jungle adventures but that was the only really scary one.

The scariest part was wondering if I would have to choose only one kid to rescue and which one would it be.
Thank goodness it didn't come to that!

Anyway. there is a club med there. And also one in Ixtapa, near Ziahuatenejo.
Beautifuol places!!

Have fun.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/17/2004 6:41:36 PM tessa wrote: Hest were you at Huatulco before it was all developed.
----------------

No. I've actually never been on the Pacific coast of Mexico, though Zihua was on the short list for this upcoming vacation. That sounds scary!

angela

Rough_Rock
I've been to both places, and each has their attributes. Mayan Riviera would probably be better for a honeymoon because there is so much more available, and more day trips to do if you are interested in that. Try looking on www.tripadvisor.com to get reviews of resorts in those areas.

I just returned from a 10 day trip to Akumal, MX, which is just south of the Riviera Maya, and I had a fabulous time. Great beaches, snorkeling right off the resort (got to see sea turtles!) But, the resort we stayed at (Akumal Beach Resort) was very casual, not pampering.

Good luck and have fun!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results