shape
carat
color
clarity

Any1 want to look at ASET, DiamXray, H&A pics for my stone?

Murander

Rough_Rock
I'm considering this stone and wanted opinions from a few other eyes on the quality of this diamond. I'm not so good at understanding ASET or idealscope images. Diamond is .91 ct, F, VS1, H&A (although arrows picture is blurred and hearts look a little funky). But I think this is the one! Please don't hesitate to critisize this stone in anyway, I want the truth.

GIA Report:
Dimensions are 6.20 - 6.23x3.84 mm
Table %: 56
Depth %: 61.8
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

Do I need to be concerned with the light pink color around the center of the diamond?
ASET_6.jpg

Looks like top of the line which is what I'd like to get for her. Anyone disagree?
DiamXray.jpg

This image is blurred.
arrows.jpg

Would anyone disqualify this as Hearts & Arrows?
Hearts_1.jpg

I should have just posted this link haha
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8280/

Thanks guys!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Any1 want to look at ASET, DiamXray, H&A pics for my sto

do you have the link? images are a little small on my screen.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

put hold on the diamond and send us the link. needs bigger pic. :sun:

Gibson486

Rough_Rock

how much was it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Everything looks fine - IS, hearts, arrows, scan is also fine.

I imagine it will be a stunner in-person!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

It is a winner.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

a very nice stone... :appl:

Murander

Rough_Rock

I'm moving forward in the process with Good Old Gold. Sometimes when I look at that Hearts image, I second guess myself. All those little black lines in the middle of each Heart kind of bother me because I want to be sure this diamond is Hearts & Arrows by at least the HRD standards found here http://www.hrd.be/media/24344/hearts_arrows_guidelines.pdf

But this article gives some penalty for the splits in the cleft of the heart.
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/hearts_and_arrows_diamonds_and_basics_diamond_cutting/

I just want to be sure that I am getting her what I know she really likes. I'm positive she won't care about whether or not there is a small split in the cleft of a heart that she will likely never be able to see once the stone is set, but I don't want to spend money on a H&A diamond unless I feel confident it meets that definition.

I'm also wondering if the heart at the six oclock position is showing an impurity in the diamond? I see a few black specs, but I can't understand why it shows up.

Any ideas?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Murander|1304693575|2913922 said:
I'm moving forward in the process with Good Old Gold. Sometimes when I look at that Hearts image, I second guess myself. All those little black lines in the middle of each Heart kind of bother me because I want to be sure this diamond is Hearts & Arrows by at least the HRD standards found here http://www.hrd.be/media/24344/hearts_arrows_guidelines.pdf

But this article gives some penalty for the splits in the cleft of the heart.
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/hearts_and_arrows_diamonds_and_basics_diamond_cutting/

I just want to be sure that I am getting her what I know she really likes. I'm positive she won't care about whether or not there is a small split in the cleft of a heart that she will likely never be able to see once the stone is set, but I don't want to spend money on a H&A diamond unless I feel confident it meets that definition.

I'm also wondering if the heart at the six oclock position is showing an impurity in the diamond? I see a few black specs, but I can't understand why it shows up.

Any ideas?

She absolutely will *not* be able to note the clefts once set - you need to be looking at the stone loose and upside down through a H&A scope to see those hearts patterns, so you have nothing to worry about there.

The presence of some radially symmetric hearts and arrows patterns is the result of high optical symmetry within the stone. Different proportions (crown, pavilion, lgf, etc.) that produce stones with different personalities will also produce different hearts and arrows patterns - skinny arrows, thick Vs, larger or smaller clefts.. and a stone can be proportioned in various ways and still be cut to high optical symmetry that results in even, symmetric hearts and arrows patterns. Some vendors of H&As have strict specifications for what their hearts should look like, which means also backward-specifying narrow ranges of proportions that can result in those particular hearts shapes in the first place - no cleft, thin Vs, whatever. Other vendors, like GOG, include in their "brand" stones with a variety of proportions (and thus different personalities, and thus differently shaped hearts and arrows patterns) that are all precision cut to high optical symmetry - and this stone clearly meets GOG's requirement for high optical symmetry.

What you have there will be a beautiful, well-balanced stone. You paid a brand premium for it, and IMO you are getting what you paid for - a highly optically symmetric stone that fulfills all of GOG's brand specifications with no room for debate.

Murander

Rough_Rock

Yssie,

Thanks for your reply. Straightforward and helpful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results