shape
carat
color
clarity

Any way to make a bruise go away faster?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot BELIEVE I'm posting this picture.
20.gif
First of all it is about the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Second, it's hard to take a pic of your own outer thigh. (Keep in mind this bruise is now nine days old.) As for all the other little bruises scattered around my big fat white thigh; I don't even know where those came from or when...

leg0001.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,
that is a bad bruise. Now I know why you wanted to go away!!! I hope it goes away soon too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Skippy, this is actually an IMPROVEMENT over what it looked like a few days ago...

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Yowzah DeeJay, that bed should be ashamed of itself! Look at all of those interesting colours...woohoo! Means it is healing! How did you take that picture anyway? I''m picturing a fishing pole contraption with an automated robotic hand on a stick...
6.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Dee Jay, that''s one ugly looking bruise! I hope it gets better soon!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how bad that bruise is (and I suspect it bothers you the most as it''s not that bad actually), it''s attached to the leg of a very lovely person! I''m not sure there really is a way to speed the healing of a bruise DeeJay, but your thread has brought some fun moments while exploring the notion!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Dee, I can''t believe you posted that either, I was kidding!! lol
2.gif

Ow, that hurts to look at, and at 9 days old, I can only imagine what it first looked like! I hope you sold the property over this.
11.gif

And Rod, I''m not sure what kind of bruise you''re accustomed to, but that''s a bad bruise in my book...
40.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking the pic was an interesting process. It''s the outside of my left thigh and I use my right hand to operate the camera so I had to put my leg up on the breakfast bar and swivel my upper body around as best I could. I''ve never done yoga, but I imagine it must be like that experience. The HH just stood in the kitchen an watched me. He firmly refused to participate in the process, LOL.

And NO, dammit, I didn''t sell the property!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:22:55 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Taking the pic was an interesting process. It''s the outside of my left thigh and I use my right hand to operate the camera so I had to put my leg up on the breakfast bar and swivel my upper body around as best I could. I''ve never done yoga, but I imagine it must be like that experience. The HH just stood in the kitchen an watched me. He firmly refused to participate in the process, LOL.

LOL!!

well hell....

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:22:55 AM

Best. Thread. Ever.

And yeah that superb thigh-bruise strongly resembles the one I got the other month when i stepped into the shower with my right foot and it slid forward and i slammed my left shin into the side of the tub to stop myself!

*a la Tom Hanks in Big* Memmmm''riieeeess....

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 10:51:15 PM
I cannot BELIEVE I''m posting this picture.
20.gif
First of all it is about the ugliest thing I''ve ever seen. Second, it''s hard to take a pic of your own outer thigh. (Keep in mind this bruise is now nine days old.) As for all the other little bruises scattered around my big fat white thigh; I don''t even know where those came from or when...
woohoo...sexy
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julianna, YOWCH! Your shin-encountering-tub bruise sounds much worse than mine, you poor thing!

Marvel, OH YES, this is me at my sexy best!!

And Ellen, don't you think my husband gets some sort of marriage demerit points for just standing there in the kitchen sipping his beer and rolling his eyes while I was contorting myself in crazy ways to get this pic? He could have EASILY done this for me!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
dj,

you rub the stinky chinese medicine on your bruise. it works well when you sprain something too. that kind of medicine has been in chinese medicine for hundreds of years.

did you try the egg trick?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I am sure your bruise is much improved but I always use lasonil. It is a british thing but it works a treat.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:15:23 PM
And Ellen, don''t you think my husband gets some sort of marriage demerit points for just standing there in the kitchen sipping his beer and rolling his eyes while I was contorting myself in crazy ways to get this pic? He could have EASILY done this for me!
Yes.
11.gif

lol

I have to say, I''m amazed at all the advice you actually got. I''ve never even THOUGHT of trying to get rid of a bruise, I always thought they just had to fade away....I almost want one now so I can try some of these out.
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Boil an egg, peel the shell and put the egg under a small towel. Roll the egg (which is under the towel) gently over the bruise, the heat will help to spread out the blood gathered under the skin. You might find that afterwards, the bruise gets larger, but that''s because the blood is spreading outwards and in a couple of days, the bruise will get lighter till it fades away.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, just realised someone gave the egg advice already.. it is very effective and harmless..

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I''m happy to report that the bruise is about 80% gone, which is a good thing becuase I''m out of arnica pellets and I just scrambled the last egg to eat with some sausage.

This whole process has been very interesting though and I do think the arnica may have sped up the healing. Do you think there''s any danger in just taking arnica all the time given that you never know when you (aka ME) are going to walk into something or hit your arm on the wine rack hidden in some client''s closet while you''re groping blindly for the lightswitch (yes... I did that yesterday... )? I mean, if there''s no downside why not?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Most herbal suppliments should be taken in short intervals. Usually no longer that 2 weeks. Take a break and then start again.

My mother just mentioned Odos Oil and lack of any bruises for a month now. She really believes the omegas are the reason for no bruises. She is 70 and has very thin skin...and had problems in the past. You can and should be diligent in taking these oils ...flax etc. Take everyday for life...long life~

DKS

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKS, thanks for the info about taking the supplement in short intervals. I'm glad you reminded me about the flaxseed oil though; I bought a bottle of it a few weeks ago and I completely forgot. Time to did that baby out from under the bathrom vanity.

I now have a honker of a bruise forming from a little surgery I had on Thursay, just a few inches from when the original buise was as a matter of fact, but I think I'm gonna let it heal on its own. Fortunately much of it is covered by the bandage right now so I'm pretending the damage isn't as bad as I'm sure it is under there, LOL!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ouch! Sorry. Is the surgery wound healing well?
7.gif

I don't like getting bruises. But, when I do get one, I take perverse pleasure in seeing it grow and change colour. Weird, huh?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJ, mine''s finally gone and it took exactly two weeks! I really didn''t do anything about it besides walking and rubbing it with lotion (although very tenderly, but enough to stimulate some circulation I think). I had to wear pants or bermudas for the last two weeks, which was fine, I don''t really enjoy showing off my thighs anyway, lol!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 6:27:59 PM
DKS, thanks for the info about taking the supplement in short intervals. I''m glad you reminded me about the flaxseed oil though; I bought a bottle of it a few weeks ago and I completely forgot. Time to did that baby out from under the bathrom vanity.

I now have a honker of a bruise forming from a little surgery I had on Thursay, just a few inches from when the original buise was as a matter of fact, but I think I''m gonna let it heal on its own. Fortunately much of it is covered by the bandage right now so I''m pretending the damage isn''t as bad as I''m sure it is under there, LOL!

Arnica is not a supplement. It''s actually poisonous when it''s not been twiddled to turn it into medicine.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay,

Bruise update: Got a pretty good bruise from spin (hit my knee on the brake dealie...not clumsy at all) and snagged some cutie patootie Arnica pills from Vitamin Shoppe. Took ''em for the prescribed 3ish days and it''s pretty much obliterating that bruise. Can''t say it''s gone, but it''s going! Woo!! WOOOOOO! It''s summer, I need to wear cute skirts, can''t be all bruisetastic.

Also, did you notice that there are Arnicas for every ailment? At Vitamin Shoppe there was an Arnica for everything from bedwetting to gallbladder problems. I swear it. I didn''t read ''em all because they were written in such tiny letters but still. Wacky.
23.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
DKS, thanks for the info about taking the supplement in short intervals. I''m glad you reminded me about the flaxseed oil though; I bought a bottle of it a few weeks ago and I completely forgot. Time to did that baby out from under the bathrom vanity.

I now have a honker of a bruise forming from a little surgery I had on Thursay, just a few inches from when the original buise was as a matter of fact, but I think I''m gonna let it heal on its own. Fortunately much of it is covered by the bandage right now so I''m pretending the damage isn''t as bad as I''m sure it is under there, LOL!
Unlike your tiny blue cylinder, MY tiny cylinder had actual instructions on it.
9.gif
Said something about 3 days, so I''m stopping today and picking it up later for the new bruise that I got who-knows-how.

Even though those little pills are delish.
4.gif
That''s right, I said it. The potentially-poisonous pills are delightful.

Thanks to all who suggested them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 1:01:15 AM
Author: IndieJones

Arnica is not a supplement. It''s actually poisonous when it''s not been twiddled to turn it into medicine.
True - many homoepathic rememdies such as arnica and belladonna etc would be poisonous if taken in large amounts. Homeopathy very basically works on the principal of like curing like - for example belladonna which can cause fevers in large amounts can help to cure a fever in tiny quantities. Belladonna was the old remedy for scarlet fever as those of you who have read Little Women might remember, also when Meg sprained her ankle dancing in too tight slippers, Hannah bound her ankle with arnica. But I digress!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, well now you people are SCARING me!!!

I took the pellets 3X/day until the entire vial was gone.

I don't know exactly how long that was, but way more than 3 days!!! As a matter of fact if there were more in the package I'm sure I'd still be taking them because I didn't know to only do it for three days.

You don't think I did myself any permanent damage by taking the arnica for too long, do you??

And that bruise is still not 100% faded BTW, although it's hugely overshadowed by it's big green/yellow/purple sister a few inches away right now...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee you will be fine! The amounts of active ingredient are in the microminnigrams ( source - Lorelei 2007) and WON'T HURT YOU!!!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah Dee I didn''t see any warnings amongst the copious instructions except that if your symptoms aren''t improving after 3 days, maybe it''s something that a doc should look at. Which, this particular Arnica is for bruises AND sore muscles/swelling, so it''s understandable.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 11:33:59 AM
Author: Lorelei
Dee you will be fine! The amounts of active ingredient are in the microminnigrams ( source - Lorelei 2007) and WON''T HURT YOU!!!
I''ve heard this is a very reliable source.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results