carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this pear diamond?

toastedcoconut

Rough_Rock
A rare case where you actually get a look at the diamond on Blue Nile:
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?stockno=LD04149323

I'm liking the way it looks and the report, but the $/ct seems lower than what one would expect. I'm brand new to this, so is there something glaring I'm missing or is it accurately priced?

Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
toastedcoconut|1478756511|4096219 said:
A rare case where you actually get a look at the diamond on Blue Nile:
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?stockno=LD04149323

I'm liking the way it looks and the report, but the $/ct seems lower than what one would expect. I'm brand new to this, so is there something glaring I'm missing or is it accurately priced?

Thanks!

Well, it certainly looks to have potentional. I'm thrilled there was a "video"! The price is not bad either.

tableland40

Rough_Rock
Seems to have been snapped up already. Out of interest, does anyone have video/images of what it looked like?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
toastedcoconut|1478845704|4096829 said:
I snagged it myself and another one, figure I might as well see them in person and I don't mind paying the return shipping.

You should still be able to see the images/360, no?

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD04149323

I can still see it. What other stone did you get?

toastedcoconut

Rough_Rock
I don't have the stock number handy, but the other didn't have a video. I wanted it just to see in person --- it won't arrive until the 18th, next week.

It's a 1.36ct H VVS1 EX/EX with medium blue fluorescence for $6800, so a $2K discount but it has a depth of 58% that makes the size just .15 mm off the L/W 1.52 ct, figured I'd take a look. This may be my budget option.

Anyway I received the 1.52ct stone today, and it is brilliant, no bowtie at all, incredible clarity, great shape as well. I'll take it to a jeweler to take a closer look and check out the color.

I'll upload a couple of pictures but my crappy phone camera won't exactly be the greatest quality

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
Both of these diamonds look near perfect to me. It does appear that you got a great deal and definitely got your money's worth. Perhaps they were having a holiday special or had several they needed to sell quickly that were similar. Whatever the case, kudos to you! :)

toastedcoconut

Rough_Rock
Aurora43|1478895699|4097137 said:
Both of these diamonds look near perfect to me. It does appear that you got a great deal and definitely got your money's worth. Perhaps they were having a holiday special or had several they needed to sell quickly that were similar. Whatever the case, kudos to you! :)

Maybe!

I couldn't find anything this clear of inclusions in the this price range/ct. I don't know, we'll see.

I took photos in different lighting, an office meeting room and outside in natural light: http://imgur.com/a/m24cM

toastedcoconut

Rough_Rock
Okay, that link before didn't work, but it's imgur for those really interested

I attached a few here

02_-_fqzxkxg.jpg

05_-_hbrazev.jpg

09_-_jtfh9ci.jpg

04_-_yzjxumq.jpg

crocop

Rough_Rock
That looks great.

2 questions, what is the size of that band? 1.5mm?

alos, is there supposed to be a little "V" at the bottom of the pear to protect it?

Looks amazing though!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crocop|1478988160|4097565 said:
That looks great.

alos, is there supposed to be a little "V" at the bottom of the pear to protect it?

Looks amazing though!

That's just a diamond holder, not an actual ring. :wavey:

crocop

Rough_Rock
ac117|1478992021|4097587 said:
crocop|1478988160|4097565 said:
That looks great.

Looks amazing though!

That's just a diamond holder, not an actual ring. :wavey:

well...this is awkward :wall:

toastedcoconut

Rough_Rock
Went to a jeweler and compared to some similar stones, the clarity and color blew everything away. The color was closer to a F/G instead of H, also the sparkle and lack of bowtie was exception compared to stuff that's way more expensive.

Very happy with the purchase

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results