shape
carat
color
clarity

Any "The Office" fans here? (Jim has a ring!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I hope it''s ok to post this in this section....

Did you watch last night? Jim has a ring for Pam! My guy and I were watching because we always do. I squealed when Jim pulled out the box to show the camera!

My boyfriend thought it was hilarious when they were walking down the sidewalk and Jim gets down on bended knee and was like "hey Pam..." and then tells her he needed to tie his shoe HA! That was funny but the boyfriend found it more amusing than I did. He then proceeded to tickle me a little and say "OHHHH he got her good!"
27.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
If we have to watch more episodes of Jim "mock proposing" to Pam, I think The Office and I might need a break! Seriously, I would have pushed him over, then kicked him in the shin.

When they showed the ring, I literally said out loud "Closer! I cant'' see anything!" The only thing I could make out was that it was a solitaire, haha.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
We LOVE That show! That was SOOOO Funny when he did that, and she laughed it off.

They''re so cute together, do you think it will actually happen? Or will Pam continue on as a LIW.......stay tuned!

patient1

Shiny_Rock
My BF and I were watching too! We haven''t seen each other since Sunday and he got to my apartment about 10 minutes before The Office was over... So basically he sat down right at the ''ring'' part. It was hilarious because we''re both huge Office fans and we just ordered our ring. When the part came on where Jim showed the ring I started giggling and grinning from ear to ear. My BF just laughed at me. I told him, ''We have to beat Jim and Pam!'' To which he rolled his eyes. Funny enough-- we changed the channel after The Office was over and Forrest Gump was on and it was at the part were Forrest asks Jenny to marry him. Who know, the whole, "I know what love is" part?! I laughed and told him it was a sign!

Definitely a fun episode!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady-I wanted to see the ring better too! ha

Pushin40- I think there was only going to be about 8 more episodes or so of this season. I bet he asks on the finale.

patient1-how funny is that?!

I told the boyfriend after that about how these tv shows like to mess with us. Jim will propose and Pam will say yes, something will happen and they will break up, then get back together and so on......(I myself hope Jim asks and they do get married!!!)

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I had a really bad day yesterday and when my man and I were sitting down to watch The Office and the entire Jim/Pam thing was happening I started grinning ear to ear and that was definitely the best part of my day! Haha. They are SO adorable together and I am so excited that he has a ring! And how cute that he got it only a week after they started dating! They are sooo mean to be together! Haha.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I KNOW! SOOO CUTE! I love Jim in a geek kind of way, what a nice guy!!
I hoep they get married too!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! I missed it! Hopefully my DVR caught it.

At least now I know when I sit down to watch the new episode, I should have my SO near.

I could possibly cry though. Honestly, the first time they even kissed I was all weepy. I''m such a sucker for those kinds of things!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 4:52:29 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I could possibly cry though. Honestly, the first time they even kissed I was all weepy. I'm such a sucker for those kinds of things!!
Im the same way. I posted in another thread that we watched License to Wed on Sunday (John Krasinski again.) He proposed to Mandy Moore and I started to cry and laugh at the same time acting all giddy. The boyfriend just looked at me amused and sort of shook his head like (geeze) while smiling at me lol

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, don't put a spoiler in the subject line of a thread!! That's just mean!!!!!
39.gif
I am so so bummed out right now.

I didn't read any of the text of this post, only the subject (obviously), 'cuz I don't want to spoil it any more before FI gets home and we can power up the TiVo.

38.gif

There's also already a thread in hangout re: last night's episode.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I am so sorry! I didn't want to spoil anything for anyone.
38.gif
I had put that there so it makes sense with the LIW threads. Again, I am so so so sorry. I feel terrible now.
7.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
so i found this site, and this guy(or maybe a girl i don''t know) writes about how he proposed...don''t think it''s real though, just some person with to much time on their hands...

any ways i love to read stuff like that...and there are some great proposal ideas on it...if you like that sort of thing check it out...

http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2100&textsize=0&chapter=1

-enjoy!

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are HUGE office fans! I was so excited when Jim pulled out the ring! My boyfriend said "my plans are going to be so much better", I''m excited
36.gif

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Haha- I was actually wondering when this would pop up on here.... Apparently Pam is now a LIW..... I love that show--- not to completly change subjects- but last weeks dinner party had bf and me literally tearing up with laughter--- what a trainwreck... So glad that show is back! Does anyone know how many episodes we''re going to get this season- usually it seems that they''re about ready to wrap the season around May---- I''m hoping maybe we get a bit longer this year due to the circumstances

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think I heard they were taping around a total of 6 or 7 more episodes. So geeze, that would be like only 4-5 left for the season. That''s only 14-15 episodes the entire season. That stinks............

edotf104

Rough_Rock
ahhh... I squealed so loudly when he pulled it out during his confessional scene... then when he got down on the knee, I kind of got a little mad... cuz she looked like she was mortified-- I thought she''d say no! It ended up super cute though-- I''m glad there''s a new story line to look forward to with Jim and Pam... at least the goodness didn''t end with them finally getting together.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Spoliler! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I know you didn't mean to, but I haven't watched it on my DVR yet.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love The Office...however, I think it''s going to be one of those shows where they tease viewers endlessly. I really think they will drag this Jim/Pam thing out until the very end (Frasier fans? remember Niles and Daphne?). So I''m really trying not to get my hopes up for an impending engagement on the Office!

If my DH had ever "faked" a proposal the way Jim did I definitely would''ve kicked him. I was laughing while I watched it, but it was downright mean in hindsight. wow, I am way too emotionally invested in Jim and Pam''s relationship. Sheesh!
20.gif

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Jim: "Stay sharp."
Pam: "I''ve been warned."

They are too perfect!!! I love it!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
We LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! My bf hasn''t seen it yet, because he''s away on a golf trip. He calls me up and says "What''s this about the Office making people cry?" Apparently he overheard another guy saying that his wife started crying when she saw Jim pull out the ring. Now my bf thinks they''re breaking up or something...haha.

I was watching it with my best friend, and she can always predict shows. She also thinks they will drag out their impending engagement well into next season. She thinks that something will happen where Pam has to break up with Jim, and it will kill us bc we all know he has the ring! I hope it''s not true. But I really doubt they will have them get engaged at the end of this season. right now with Michael and Jan broken up, there aren''t too many other story lines. Uhhh...I''m rereading this and realizing I''m WAY too into this show!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
yeah you pretty much ruined it for me as well, i was going to watch it online but don''t really see a point now
20.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Nah! You should still watch it! It''s one of the funniest/cutest episodes yet!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Im truly sorry, but seriously, did I really ruin it for people? In my defense, I didn't even say what actually happens in the show............
14.gif
I wont do it again, but it is just a tv show. I have several times recorded things to watch and ended up finding out what happend before watching it.

BTW, I see the Pam/Jim thing being drawn out much like Ross/Rachel on Friends.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruined it for me too! Sorry to say. Its considerate NOT to put spoilers in titles ... in fact, its even MORE considerate to use a title to WARN of spoilers contained in the post.

I''m really kind of bummed about it honestly. I would have liked to learn about it by watching the show which was waiting for me on my Tivo until my husband & I could watch it TOGETHER as we like to do.
8.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I guess saying that "he had a ring" wasn''t really a spoiler to me because I didn''t say what happened in the show. They could have shown him with the ring in a promo commercial and would you have thought it was a spoiler then?
38.gif

Once again, I appologize. I had put it in the thread title so that it went hand in hand with the LIW area. I guess if everyone wants to be mad at me for this, so be it. I am not the devil. Im not here to argue either. There is nothing else I can say..........

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
it''s true, after reading several harry potter forums i can tell you it is proper etiquette to put in the title **WARNING (spoiler alert) that is what most people would write. if it''s not in the commercial it shouldn''t be in the title otherwise you are spoiling it. some of us use tv to relax and its our downtime during the week, of course we would be upset if someone ruined something we look forward to every week. and with that, i''m done.

ListlessLiz

Rough_Rock
Aww guys don''t be so hard on dreamgirl. She''s already apologized (sincerely!) like 3 times so I say let bygones be bygones. After all, it''s not like she set out to ruin the episode or anything. And this isn''t exactly an official forum for discussing The Office, so it''s not like we can all be expected to know the rules of spoilers.

And honestly, even if the spoiler hadn''t been in the thread title I would have clicked on it anyway and read it then - so I don''t think it would have made much of a difference. I say chill out, watch the episode online, and come back to talk about it some more - it''s a totally chat-worthy episode even if you know about the ring beforehand.

I actually wish I''d known what was going to happen before watching it!!! I would have pulled BF on to the couch with me so he could revel in the awwwww moment with me. (And take a swift elbow in the ribs for making me get lapped by Pam!!!)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto for what ListlessLiz said. It was a mistake. Let it go!

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
I can understand being a bit disappointed BUT the plot really isn''t about the ring/ soon engagement- still watch and enjoy "the chair model" another great episode :) ... we just watched it for the 2nd time this afternoon- LOVE IT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results