shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Tag Aquaracer Owners?

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Do any of you happen to own a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Midsize watch model number WAF1311? I ask because I bought one from a friend of a friend, and now I am wondering if it is fake, but I don't want to jeopardize a friendship by bringing this issue up. I am suspecting that it is fake because after I removed the bracelet to clean it in my ultrasonic cleaner, these lint-like threads that resemble glue? keep shedding off one spot and only one spot. I want to say that I trust my friend blindly, but I don't really know her friend. I just think it's kind of awkward. So if any of you kind souls own this watch, maybe you can give me some tips on what to look for?
TIA

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Momhappy, but that seems to be the problem. I have been researching it fervently, and it doesn't seem to have any of those signs. But, I have never really seen a fake TAG, and I keep reading in all the sites that TAG replicas are extremely well done...which only augments my doubt :((

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
braga123|1389746580|3592851 said:
Hi,
Do any of you happen to own a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Midsize watch model number WAF1311? I ask because I bought one from a friend of a friend, and now I am wondering if it is fake, but I don't want to jeopardize a friendship by bringing this issue up. I am suspecting that it is fake because after I removed the bracelet to clean it in my ultrasonic cleaner, these lint-like threads that resemble glue? keep shedding off one spot and only one spot. I want to say that I trust my friend blindly, but I don't really know her friend. I just think it's kind of awkward. So if any of you kind souls own this watch, maybe you can give me some tips on what to look for?
TIA
MY FIRST question would be why would you take a part a watch and wash it by yourself......that is odd I have an ebel and a concord and would never ever consider cleaning myself. I send it back to Ebel and Concord to have them properly maintained

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
heididdl|1389749194|3592891 said:
braga123|1389746580|3592851 said:
Hi,
TIA
MY FIRST question would be why would you take a part a watch and wash it by yourself......that is odd I have an ebel and a concord and would never ever consider cleaning myself. I send it back to Ebel and Concord to have them properly maintained

I do it with my Michele Diamond Deco... I figured it was just a stainless steel bracelet. I didn't submerge the face.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use an US cleaner on my wife's Rolex, but I wouldn't advise anyone else to do it... :bigsmile:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I have a similar model and wore it daily for about 7(?) years. I never noticed any threads like you're describing but I never put it in the ultrasonic. What exact part of the watch is it and I'll go look at mine. If you need any specific pics, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just take it to an authorized dealer and ask. Did it come with box or original receipt?

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Hera, does this look familiar?
dscn3973.jpg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the picture of the glue? thread? that is now emanating from only that spot.

tag.jpg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1389756480|3592971 said:
Just take it to an authorized dealer and ask. Did it come with box or original receipt?

No, she didn't offer it and it didn't occur to me to ask. I guess that I was just too trusting. I plan to go to a dealer, but I have heard that many high-end retailers don't like to authenticate, so I didn't want to go through that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga
I posted your pic of the movement on a watch forum and they say it is "real"... ;))

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Thank you so much! :appl:

Now to figure out what the heck is emanating from the bracelet :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Is it not just a fiber stuck in it???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1389767480|3593103 said:
Yay! Thank you so much! :appl:

Now to figure out what the heck is emanating from the bracelet :confused:
Don't worry about it just remove it with a tweezers.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
That's what I thought, at first. Until it kept emanating, and emanating...and its been 1 week and it's still emanating! Damn Ultrasonic!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the reply to your watch...

It looks okay to me. ETA F06.111 movement. Bracelet looks pretty good quality too

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1389751494|3592918 said:
I use an US cleaner on my wife's Rolex, but I wouldn't advise anyone else to do it... :bigsmile:

I put my Rolex in the US - never had an issue.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't you lose the water resistance thing when you open and close it yourself? Doesn't it need special care to make it water resistant up to X feet and X pressure again once the back is opened? I'm not good with such things so I send it to service center annually.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please send your watch into Tag and have it resealed and cleaned. It's worth the $50 and they should be able to authenticate it. Also, ask your friend for the paperwork and the box.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1389805232|3593358 said:
Please send your watch into Tag and have it resealed and cleaned. It's worth the $50 and they should be able to authenticate it. Also, ask your friend for the paperwork and the box.
Thanks for the tip! I had no idea it only cost 50 bucks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results