shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starky

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but I was wondering if anyone can offer me any suggestions. Where I live I am going to have to move because the neighbors bother all day long with the music and the manager and owner say the "can''t babysit the neighbors" so basically they keep blowing me off and in the mean time the neighbor is driving me insane with her music. So I told the manager that I am going to move. If I leave before the 5th I shoul technically get my money back, but she says neither her nor the neighbor can give me my deposit back because I didn''t give 30 day notice. There is no lease here I live month-to-month so I don''t see why a 30 day notice is required. Is that legal? This place looks better now than when I moved in. I painted, fumigated, installed a fire alarm and patched up all the holes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I don''t have any suggestions for you on the legality of the issue, but I''m sure someone else will chime in soon.

Have you tried speaking to the neighbor about the music problem? Is she actually being disrespectful in the volume she''s playing it at, or are the walls just incredibly thin?

Starky

Rough_Rock
The walls are thin, but she''s playing it so loud you can hear it a block away. She''s rude too I''ve asked her nicely and she just doesn''t care.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, landlords are allowed to put a clause in your lease that states that 30 days notice is required. Check your lease. If this is the case, try to find a tenant resource center in your area who can help you negotiate with your landlord. Laws vary widely state by state and even city by city with this kind of thing. Good luck!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
If there''s no lease, just a verbal agreement (?), then I think you''ll have a hard time getting your money back. If there is a lease, look carefully at the terms and tell us what they say. On the flip side, without a lease, the owner would be hard-pressed to evict you for non-payment of rent.

Is there any way you can stay for 30 days?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just would''ve called the cops on the neighbors for playing their music too loud.
38.gif
Any way you could do that and resolve the issue? It sounds like your neighbors have already gotten fair warning from you that they need to turn things down...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laws are different in every state. I know you have no lease but did you sign some sort of rental agreement? Any money you put into the property cannot be recovered since you do not *own* it. I would try to sweet talk the landlord. Is the deposit a lot of money?

Starky

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone thanks for the replies. There is no lease or rental agreement all I have is my receipts showing that I paid my rent and my deposit. Thats why I dont see why I have to give a 30 day notice to move. Plus if they would have control in this building I wouldnt have to be moving in the first place. I''ve been complaining for the past 2 months, I''ve called the cops numerous times, but when they come she turns it down and then the next day she''ll turn it up even louder. I am going to call small claims court today and see if I can handle it like that. The deposit is $650, but I''d just hate to let them keep it just because they feel like being a-holes about it. I was going to stay till the end of the month and just live my deposit, but the type of people I''m dealing with its better to leave. My car is brand new and after I knocked on her door and asked her to please turn the music down loast week I had a huge scratch going down the hood of my car. Coincidence? I don''t think so. We''ll see what small claims says today when I call. Thanks for your input guys.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
call the cops for noise pollution--i know in ny they give out fines for that kind of stuff.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could go down to your local courthouse. In NC evictions are done where small claims are and just explain your situation. They might be able to help you "legally" get your deposit back. I couldn''t tell from your post if you were going b/c of your car or the deposit. Good luck! $650 is a lot to walk away from.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results