shape
carat
color
clarity

Any recs for a setting similar to Tiffany True?

Mark_gordon12

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Yesterday my fiancée tried on a Tiffany True engagement ring and really liked the look (particularly the basket setting, which seems to offer increased security without hiding the ring too much). A Tiffany True ring with a .76 H VS1 diamond costs $7,500, however, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any non-Tiffany (and, thus, less overpriced) rings that look similar to the "Tiffany True" setting?

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• E25F2E7F-C72C-471B-A14F-F4677141F911.jpeg
    E25F2E7F-C72C-471B-A14F-F4677141F911.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 181
  • C78F79A1-FBF7-491C-95F7-3FDB219FA025.jpeg
    C78F79A1-FBF7-491C-95F7-3FDB219FA025.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 19

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might help others if you included a link to a Tiffany True setting.

Mark_gordon12

Rough_Rock
Right - different diamond, too. Thanks for the clarification. I suppose I care less about the diamond's cut than about the way it's set -- I really like the "True" ring's specific basket setting, but have had some difficulty finding similar settings elsewhere.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may be hard to get one very similar because that basket is a T for Tiffany, which is why it is so prominent & chunky. But there are lots of setting with "cross bars" - I don't know what it's called - that give more protection if that is the main thing you are looking for. You can browse Stuller.com and see if one is to your liking, lots of jewelers carry Stuller. Someone here might know of a specific setting that is close hopefully they'll come along and chime in. Good luck!

Mark_gordon12

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Will check out Stuller.com now. Really appreciate the reply.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has the intended wearer said they like this setting? In person, the lines of this setting are no all that elegant.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, kinda crazy.... I have a .76ct cut cornered square H VS1! For reference, I got it from James Allen for just over $3k. I had David Klass set it in a bezeled two-tone 18k rose gold and platinum setting for $850. It's the one in my avatar. It's a beautiful cut, like having H&A but in a square shape (Princess of Hearts is a branded name for this cut, not sure if mine is true POH or not. I don't think it is.)

I don't think POHs are made any more, it was quite a fluke that I found it on JA's site. If you can find a POH or similar like mine, you'll get the closest look to the Tiffany diamond.

I think you could have a great setting made by David Klass with the Tiffany as your inspiration. You won't get the 'T' detail because that's clearly Tiffany, but you can get something similar in look and feel. He can work with you to accomplish that.

Mark_gordon12

Rough_Rock
Thank you SO much! This is incredibly helpful!! Will check out the James Allen site now and see if there are any POHs/similar to POHs!

Thanks again!!:D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results