shape
carat
color
clarity

Any recommendations for a repair on vintage sapphire band?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
TBH if you have doubts and Sako doesn't have any photos of prior fixes on hand for you to check - I'd cut my losses. Sapphire french cut bands aren't common but they also aren't rare - there's another out there that's ready to wear, if you're willing to wait for it to show up.

At the end of the day, this is how i am thinking too. Its a shame, bc i truly love this little band, and it looks so amazing with my french cut diamond band!! *see top posts photo.
But this repair will change EVERYTHING I love about it.
I asked Sako if he has any images. I am hoping he has something to show me, bc i dont want to kill the idea without full consideration. I am hoping when he says 1mm, its not really that thick? Seems like overkill, but i am not a jeweler, haha.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are definitely people out there who'd be interested in buying the band depending on the price, even knowing about the issues. :saint:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
There are definitely people out there who'd be interested in buying the band depending on the price, even knowing about the issues. :saint:

I will keep this in mind, lol!! I didnt pay very much for it. If i remember it was about $650? I wouldn't want more than i paid.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So I heard back from Sako, and he has no pictures. Im sure it would look good, but im so concerned about changing the thickness of the ring. So Im getting it sent back to me. :(

betterblue

Rough_Rock
Absolutely!! He's incredible, I will email you today!

Hello! I am interested in this jeweler as well! I live in nyc and am looking for a trusted bench jeweler that can restore my e-ring. Could I ask you to share contact info with me as well?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results