shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Rainy day wedding tips

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is this Saturday and it's going to rain - Any good rainy day wedding tips?

The wedding will be held inside a smallish restaurant in a park.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, it is good luck if it rains on your wedding day so no worries!! I remember it was predicted rain on my day as well and it was snowing the night before and morning of our wedding day and I was a wreck LOL. It was lots of energy wasted I can tell you that. Let me save you from the same worrying please. It is still a full 4 days before your wedding and the predictions often turn out wrong. It did for my day as the sun came out that afternoon and the rain/snow stopped. But even if it had not it would have all been great anyway. And it will for your day as well!

Other tips would be to make sure you have something to protect your hair with when you go out so your hairstyle remains intact. Your hairdresser should be able to help you with this task. And big umbrellas are a big help! And bring your makeup with you to put on at the venue if you prefer. I am sure you have already thought of these though and I am not sure what else you need to do as your wedding is inside (at least that is what I am getting from your post) so I think it will be just fine. The main thing is try not to stress over what you cannot control. It is a lot of wasted energy and I am speaking from experience!

Good luck and best wishes!!!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Get matching galoshes and umberellas from somewhere like Target for your bridal party- so fun! Some of the very best wedding photography I have ever seen are the rain shots. They can be so dramatic, fun, different, and often the low lighting and silver reflection off the clouds is incredibly flattering for everyone. Maybe check in with your photographer and talk about some rain ideas- reflections in puddles, wind blown veils, etc.

Check with your venue about towels and such if it does rain and then stops, they can just wipe down chairs, tables. Also, maybe encourage guests to go with flip flops or barefoot (and do the same!) if you do end up being outside after rain so you don't sink your heels in the grass.

It rained the morning of my sister's wedding and into the night before mine- you just carry on. And both weddings I have attended recently where it was actually raining- they both got rainbows!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1338924667|3209807 said:
Get matching galoshes and umberellas from somewhere like Target for your bridal party- so fun! Some of the very best wedding photography I have ever seen are the rain shots. They can be so dramatic, fun, different, and often the low lighting and silver reflection off the clouds is incredibly flattering for everyone. Maybe check in with your photographer and talk about some rain ideas- reflections in puddles, wind blown veils, etc.

Check with your venue about towels and such if it does rain and then stops, they can just wipe down chairs, tables. Also, maybe encourage guests to go with flip flops or barefoot (and do the same!) if you do end up being outside after rain so you don't sink your heels in the grass.

It rained the morning of my sister's wedding and into the night before mine- you just carry on. And both weddings I have attended recently where it was actually raining- they both got rainbows!

We're getting married outside in September and our Mothers are a bit freaked that it will rain. I said the EXACT same thing about getting fun rain boots and umbrellas and making the most of it! It's still going to be an awesome day since you're marrying the man of your dreams. So long as the day ends with me married to my best friend, it'll be a good day.

Hopefully you enjoy your day and try some fun rainy shots, just like aviastar suggested! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a torrential downpour on our day - the rain gutters filled up so fast, it was actually a record rainfall in the city! AND - we heard from everyone that rain on your wedding day is good luck, so as we approach our 27th anniversary in another 2 weeks... I think they were right! :praise:

I also stressed about the rain and my bridesmaids had taffeta dresses (yeah, it was the '80's, what can I say - taffeta rocked then!) and we ended up cutting holes in big green garbage bags and putting the girls somehow stuffed into the bags (this was also pre-serial killer days, FYI! :lol: ) It looked stupid but the dresses stayed dry and we also had a blow dryer at the church for touch ups.

It all worked out - and at only 2 points in the reception did it stop raining - where we all raced outside to take photos and the misty overcast lighting allowed some amazing shots to be taken!!

Hope your days runs perfectly smooth --- rain or no rain! :bigsmile:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely pick up umbrellas and galoshes!!! Cute ones for you, cheap utilitarian ones for any guests who may need some shelter. We did a Target run that morning in a panic. Talk to the venue coordinator about making sure they are prepared for rain. And just do your best not to freak out. I didn't do a very good job of that, but man I wish I had. The morning would have been less stressful!

CR-3464-M.jpg

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
I'm still planning and waiting for my Sept wedding. But this is my rain plan.

wedding%20boots.jpg

Is it wrong that I kind of want it to rain a little so I can wear them and get awesome pics like Sillyberry?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results