shape
carat
color
clarity

any PSers have a water garden?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
like a pond? My mom has one. It''s small, but she has Kois and pond comets. There are also water lilies, but some reason the dog LOVES to pull them out before they bloom. The dog uses her paw to splash the water and "paddles" the lily towards her then she *chomps* and pulls and brings them home to my mom. I think it''s because she seems my mom cutting the other flowers, but never the lilies.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 10:19:59 PM
Author: popcorn
like a pond? My mom has one. It''s small, but she has Kois and pond comets. There are also water lilies, but some reason the dog LOVES to pull them out before they bloom. The dog uses her paw to splash the water and ''paddles'' the lily towards her then she *chomps* and pulls and brings them home to my mom. I think it''s because she seems my mom cutting the other flowers, but never the lilies.
Aw, Popcorn! Your mom''s dog is too cute!
9.gif

DF, we don''t have a water garden, but we''d like to someday! Show us pics of yours!!!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 10:58:01 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 5/26/2009 10:19:59 PM
Author: popcorn
like a pond? My mom has one. It''s small, but she has Kois and pond comets. There are also water lilies, but some reason the dog LOVES to pull them out before they bloom. The dog uses her paw to splash the water and ''paddles'' the lily towards her then she *chomps* and pulls and brings them home to my mom. I think it''s because she seems my mom cutting the other flowers, but never the lilies.
Aw, Popcorn! Your mom''s dog is too cute!
9.gif

DF, we don''t have a water garden, but we''d like to someday! Show us pics of yours!!!
1.gif
i don''t have one, thought PSer might have some water lilies pics to share.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:45:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Well, we do have a barrel on our front porch with a fountain in it, and we sometimes put a water lily in there . . . does that count?
9.gif

And doesn''t your koi pond count as a water garden? Do you have any plants around it, or would the koi mess with them too much?
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 10:33:30 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 5/26/2009 11:45:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Well, we do have a barrel on our front porch with a fountain in it, and we sometimes put a water lily in there . . . does that count?
9.gif

And doesn''t your koi pond count as a water garden? Do you have any plants around it, or would the koi mess with them too much?
33.gif
koi pond and water garden are two different things. koi ponds are way deeper and yes, koi will beat up a water garden,so for that reason i don''t have plants in my pond.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one lotus in a pot. It was a gift and it was given to me blooming. Three seasons now and it hasn''t bloomed since. I have the same problem with my dogs, they love to eat it!

This year I am bound and determined to get it to bloom. I have given it loads of compost and the dogs have been warned. I don''t think they''re listening. They know mom is a big pushover for their big brown eyes.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you''d call it a water garden or a koi pond? It was 6 ft. x 4 ft. and 30" deep at it''s deepest, but had several built in shelves along the sides to hold water lilies. I had 3 baby koi which were about 6" long when I sold the house. No pics. The neighborhood cats used to hop the fence and sit there and stare at the fish.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 12:45:45 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I don''t know if you''d call it a water garden or a koi pond? It was 6 ft. x 4 ft. and 30'' deep at it''s deepest, but had several built in shelves along the sides to hold water lilies. I had 3 baby koi which were about 6'' long when I sold the house. No pics. The neighborhood cats used to hop the fence and sit there and stare at the fish.
PP
that sounds more like a water garden.a koi pond would be more like 6-8 ft deep with a volume of at least 6000 gallons.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 12:45:11 PM
Author: House Cat
I have one lotus in a pot. It was a gift and it was given to me blooming. Three seasons now and it hasn''t bloomed since. I have the same problem with my dogs, they love to eat it!

This year I am bound and determined to get it to bloom. I have given it loads of compost and the dogs have been warned. I don''t think they''re listening. They know mom is a big pushover for their big brown eyes.
lotus are beautiful when they bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results