shape
carat
color
clarity

any PSer own a Dyson handheld vac?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are they a good product? worth the money?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked into them when they first came out and the reviews said they only held a charge for 8 mins. Hopefully they have better charges now but I would look into it before you buy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought it a few years ago at Costco and returned. Not worth the money, IMHO.

Yes, at the time it only held a charge for a few minutes, but that wasn't too huge an issue for me since I didn't want to vacuum the room with it...only a small spill or two. But I find that on tile, a broom and dustpan (following by a damp paper towel) work better and on carpet, I bring out the big guns (a dyson, so it's not like I don't like the brand) anyway. Wasn't worth the price and the space I had to find to keep it charged.

Also most handvacs don't keep charges that long, so at the time it was an issue with these types of vacs as a whole.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
I own one, and I love it! Tacori ering is correct, it doesn't hold a charge for too long (I think it is 15 minutes or so), so that's the downside. However, I have wood floors, and use it for quick touchups between major vacuuming, and it's perfect for that. I have lots of cats, so there is always cat hair floating around, and sprinkles of cat litter that need to be taken care of, and it's great for that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1323722208|3079966 said:
I own one, and I love it! Tacori ering is correct, it doesn't hold a charge for too long (I think it is 15 minutes or so), so that's the downside. However, I have wood floors, and use it for quick touchups between major vacuuming, and it's perfect for that. I have lots of cats, so there is always cat hair floating around, and sprinkles of cat litter that need to be taken care of, and it's great for that.

I would think for people with pets, it might be totally worth it! I don't, so it didn't make sense for us.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I have an older generation one than is currently available. It is an excellent handheld. The downsides are that mine at least is relatively heavy for a handheld, and that the charge time is long for the amount of usage time.

The plus is that the vacuum is extremely powerful, and generally works like a full sized vacuum from competing brands, that you can hold in your hand.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this on my list at one time but wondered about its value vs. cost. I have two Dyson vacs and wouldn't trade them for the world! Interesting to read these comments. . . still makes me say 'hmmmm' don't know.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1323732700|3080081 said:
I had this on my list at one time but wondered about its value vs. cost. I have two Dyson vacs and wouldn't trade them for the world! Interesting to read these comments. . . still makes me say 'hmmmm' don't know.
didn't the price come down on the newer models?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yes I do. I own a hand held and a ball one. Worth it? Not sure ... hubby does the vacuuming.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1323842490|3081294 said:
Yes I do. I own a hand held and a ball one. Worth it? Not sure ... hubby does the vacuuming.

Then it's WORTH IT!! :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love mine. Worth it for sure--altho it is permanently charging....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results