shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Pearl Strand That You Can't Get Out of Your Mind?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a strand that they just can't get out of their mind? Either for sale or posted here on PS? Or maybe a fantastic loose pearl, a ring, or set of earrings?

For me it is this one from JNBGems on Etsy. This strand really speaks to me. The colors, the luster, the shape. Just exquisite IMHO, but I know the size of the pearls are too small for me to truly appreciate and wear. But I truly do love it and hope someone from PS buys it and posts pictures. https://www.etsy.com/listing/838323920/16-peacock-semi-baroque-tahitian-pearl?ref=user_profile&cns=1

il_794xN.2723928718_8wq6.jpg il_1140xN.2771614203_q4bg.jpg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
When Kevin from Pearls of Joy goes on a buying trip, I follow his Blog closely. His photos and narrative are fascinating and I look forward to his account of each day.

He posted pictures of "Holy Grail" ripples in his June 2014 Hong Kong Gem Show - Day 1 Blog. I snagged one of these precious strands and have been smitten ever since!

http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/June-2014-Hong-Kong-Gem-Show--Day-1_b_61.html

Here is the description of the piece:

Color: Metallic
Size: 12.5-17.1
Shape: Baroque
Surface: Ripple
Length: 22-3/4 inches
Clasp: 14kt Gold

hglavtop.jpg

hglilflowr9.jpg

hglavtop1.jpg

hgarm.jpg

I have always been amazed by these.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000 thank you! If it helps, the rainbow only shows up in intense light :) Hubby took the full strand on white below. I took the pic on notebook paper with a light very close to the top. On the regular none of the fancy overtones show up much and they look like they do on my pearl model Jazzy. He was a good sport and let me put the necklace on him but it disappeared into all that fur. :)
The pearls were from Pearl Paradise - an anniversary gift.

20210203_155119.jpg
20210210_120942.jpg

Baroque Akoya blue pearls displaying orient_.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 thank you! If it helps, the rainbow only shows up in intense light :) Hubby took the full strand on white below. I took the pic on notebook paper with a light very close to the top. On the regular none of the fancy overtones show up much and they look like they do on my pearl model Jazzy. He was a good sport and let me put the necklace on him but it disappeared into all that fur. :)

20210203_155119.jpg
20210210_120942.jpg

OMG, that cat! What an adorable fluff ball! Jazzy sure is snazzy.
These pearls are divine. Like mirrors!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20210203_155119.jpg
20210210_120942.jpg

Holy smokes that is gorgeous!!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

20210203_155119.jpg
20210210_120942.jpg

OMG so fluffy and cute!!! and that paw curl :kiss2: I love the pearls too:lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not take a photo, however, there was a strand of graduated round silver SSP in a shop in HK's jade district where I bought my insect brooch with a Tahitian pearl.

I looked at the price and thought it was very reasonable for its size - the smallest was about 12-13mm, and the biggest being 14-15mm, good lustre and very clean and very round pearls, and silver in colour! :kiss2:

I thought against it and left the shop, for me to return the next day with the intention to buy it.

It transpired I got my maths wrong, in that I missed out a zero/digit, and it was way out of my reach! :lol-2:

No wonder it looked so nice I said to myself and to the shop owners who were kind enough to let me hold and examine it.

DK :lol-2:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Humm this one! In honor of @MakingTheGrade beautiful ombré which I can’t afford, this one is more in my budget and lifestyle! Whatdya all think? Accckkk, some lurker please go ahead and buy it! Then I’ll thank you for taking me out of my misery!

-C4C

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humm this one! In honor of @MakingTheGrade beautiful ombré which I can’t afford, this one is more in my budget and lifestyle! Whatdya all think? Accckkk, some lurker please go ahead and buy it! Then I’ll thank you for taking me out of my misery!

-C4C

Haha I feel this about about Yssies Tahitians. Hoping someone else caves before I do :lol::lol-2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I feel this about about Yssies Tahitians. Hoping someone else caves before I do :lol::lol-2:

Buy them! Yssies Tahitians are beautiful. Her descriptions are so honest and detailed that you know exactly what you are buying and will not be disappointed. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

-C4C

This is stunning, I’m no help...I’d get it if I was smitten!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At one time Kojima had a stunning/out of this world strand of Sea of Cortez pearls. Unforgettable.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhere (i hope) i have this $2 junk piece from the $2 shop
its so junk ive never taken it out of the packet incase it falls apart much less tried it on but ive always loved it enough to keep it around maybe as a template or inspirational piece for a necklase using real pearls
Of course i have no idea where it is now ....
But it looked a bit like this but a darker pink lavender and with a bit more air showing and i think with all the one sized pearls
Oh and strung together on really weak looking thread
4e9af8bb0ae114dca4c27d6f7e01b82c.jpg

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
The pearl strand that haunts me is the Akoya pearl strand @amoline had posted last year . He was not in trade then just photographing them professionally . It had an other worldly glow . I can't find that thread . I dont think I can ever afford one like it but I can dream !

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ,found the thread :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results