shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Pearl Strand That You Can't Get Out of Your Mind?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was me. Think I may be getting carried away with all my pearl purchases. May need to walk the plank.

How could you resist that coppery, rose and green goodness? And those adorable button shapes? Glad you purchased it and looking forward to tons of pictures. :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2684A848-1F39-47AC-B195-05857E51C2C8.jpeg

Is it possible to have a ear shot of those luscious pearls?

Hope this is ok. Mosiac as messy hair and bad skin but I figured you just want to see the pearl? Took this in my room. Shaded light. You can see the window in the reflection but I was actually behind a curtain and the open window was like 2 meters away.

Envy and all her synonyms right now!!! :love:

A rainbow of gems and then a rainbow in those pearls... I love that you’ve just got them hanging out at your desk... I confess I’m doing the same thing these days :lol:

Right back at you with your beautiful bracelets! It’s a shame to leave the gems in the safe when they are such fab eye candies and I’ve been working at home for so long... so yes display on desk really makes me happy.

Do share your desk display too!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock

Hope this is ok. Mosiac as messy hair and bad skin but I figured you just want to see the pearl? Took this in my room. Shaded light. You can see the window in the reflection but I was actually behind a curtain and the open window was like 2 meters away.

Right back at you with your beautiful bracelets! It’s a shame to leave the gems in the safe when they are such fab eye candies and I’ve been working at home for so long... so yes display on desk really makes me happy.

They are stunning!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

The pearl is beautiful but i am very impressed with your pixilating skills
please dont worry about messy hair or inperfect skin with us =)2

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @yssie! Suddenly remembered your post when I saw them on my desk today and took a quick pic:

ECA90424-656B-4D66-AFEA-440CD904D73B.jpeg

@icy_jade Oooh! Love, love your pearl "charms" (earrings) and the hoops that you can wear with other charms, or plain. May I ask where you sourced them? Are they round or oval? I've been on-the-hunt for an oval shaped pair for ages, now, and would prefer to just buy off-the-shelf rather than go custom.

Those pearls are splendid!!!

ETA: May I also ask the dimensions of the hoops? Diameter and width, although it's more the diameter I'm curious about.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade Oooh! Love, love your pearl "charms" (earrings) and the hoops that you can wear with other charms, or plain. May I ask where you sourced them? Are they round or oval? I've been on-the-hunt for an oval shaped pair for ages, now, and would prefer to just buy off-the-shelf rather than go custom.
Those pearls are splendid!!!

ETA: May I also ask the dimensions of the hoops? Diameter and width, although it's more the diameter I'm curious about.

Hey I got the pearls from Golay in Singapore. I would say they are ovals rather than true drops.

More pics here from when I first got them:
Post in thread 'So I bought some new stuff...'
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-bought-some-new-stuff.208129/post-3787911

I’ll measure the hoops for you later

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oki here are the measurements in mm:
EF60D04E-ABDA-40B5-A057-53DCE4C37DDD.jpeg 1A9086E5-B489-482B-998B-5E93DD2A9159.jpeg 1A8284BA-7DDD-439B-86D1-706EA6D9588B.jpeg B1D09A93-22D9-47E3-B1B5-51716F18F413.jpeg 261AE1EB-705D-4361-A31C-310AF8798623.jpeg

Since I took them out, couldn’t resist taking some pics of my huggies collection:
04959AFE-0763-471F-9257-3564C4233367.jpeg
From the pic you can see how my goldens and peacock tahitians are not perfect drops but irl they have such beautiful color/luster they look better than other more drop shaped pearls like the ones on my hook earrings.

Thought also good to show the contrast between intense peacock vs lesser peacock color (drops on hook). The former, I think can only source through really good specialty pearl sellers or at gem shows. The latter is probably what typical sellers already will market as peacock/gem grade pearls (and luster is already better than some US sellers) but you can see the quality is very different.

So @yssie yes I think they are worthy to be unforgettable by you. Hopefully you will find a pair like that (or better pair) soon!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EF60D04E-ABDA-40B5-A057-53DCE4C37DDD.jpeg 1A9086E5-B489-482B-998B-5E93DD2A9159.jpeg 1A8284BA-7DDD-439B-86D1-706EA6D9588B.jpeg B1D09A93-22D9-47E3-B1B5-51716F18F413.jpeg 261AE1EB-705D-4361-A31C-310AF8798623.jpeg

Since I took them out, couldn’t resist taking some pics of my huggies collection:
From the pic you can see how my goldens and peacock tahitians are not perfect drops but irl they have such beautiful color/luster they look better than other more drop shaped pearls like the ones on my hook earrings.

Thought also good to show the contrast between intense peacock vs lesser peacock color (drops on hook). The former, I think can only source through really good specialty pearl sellers or at gem shows. The latter is probably what typical sellers already will market as peacock/gem grade pearls (and luster is already better than some US sellers) but you can see the quality is very different.

So @yssie yes I think they are worthy to be unforgettable by you. Hopefully you will find a pair like that (or better pair) soon!!

Absolutely gorgeous! I love when you share your pearl pics- or any pics of your jewelry.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Hey I got the pearls from Golay in Singapore. I would say they are ovals rather than true drops.

More pics here from when I first got them:
Post in thread 'So I bought some new stuff...'
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-bought-some-new-stuff.208129/post-3787911

I’ll measure the hoops for you later

Thank you for measuring the hoops, @icy_jade. And for the link to your pearls thread. I've been moseying through the thread, completely immersed in the photos and descriptions. What a treat!

A good friend went to the HK gem show one year and had a blast. I'd love to go to a pearl show just to ooooogle. Pretty sure I would have to check my credit card at the door to avert wild and besotted impulse purchases. LOL!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you
i have learnt so much from those pictures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your kind words @Lisa Loves Shiny @Daisys and Diamonds @SparklieBug

It’s hard to buy pearls online and I paid a lot of “school fees” initially so if even one of you found it helpful then it makes me happy.

One last one to show how diffused lighting vs natural light can make such a huge difference
8D1E4A45-585B-446C-9A46-A15F81663285.jpeg

Left is the original pic I posted that’s in natural light and on the right you can see what happens when the light is diffused. Am sure can make the pearls look nicer but this is just a change of position and using iPhone to take the pic (and yes my Hp case is black). So in case you see all those glamor shots and receive a fugly looking strand/pearl instead, yeah that’s maybe what happened.

A good friend went to the HK gem show one year and had a blast. I'd love to go to a pearl show just to ooooogle. Pretty sure I would have to check my credit card at the door to avert wild and besotted impulse purchases. LOL!

Oh yes! The HK gem shows are wonderful. Halls and halls of stuff. I think you may have to prep cash. Many of the sellers don’t accept credit card payment.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your kind words @Lisa Loves Shiny @Daisys and Diamonds @SparklieBug

It’s hard to buy pearls online and I paid a lot of “school fees” initially so if even one of you found it helpful then it makes me happy.

One last one to show how diffused lighting vs natural light can make such a huge difference

Left is the original pic I posted that’s in natural light and on the right you can see what happens when the light is diffused. Am sure can make the pearls look nicer but this is just a change of position and using iPhone to take the pic (and yes my Hp case is black). So in case you see all those glamor shots and receive a fugly looking strand/pearl instead, yeah that’s maybe what happened.

Oh yes! The HK gem shows are wonderful. Halls and halls of stuff. I think you may have to prep cash. Many of the sellers don’t accept credit card payment.

OMG !
That luster on those Tahitians in the 2nd shot
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

@icy_jade ACK!!! ThoseTahitian earring charms, in particular... The GSS aren't too shabby, either! I would take a bucket of cash with me, if it meant I would (could?) find something similar. :kiss2:

I do believe the Tahitians are solidly in my Holy Grail territory. :bigsmile: Which is why one must keep "looking"—no harm in "looking", right? :lol: Of course, stepping out of "looking" mode is what gets one into a bit of trouble and then... It's self-pearl-banning time. LOL!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sea of Cortez national strand which was $19 thousand dollars. I’ll take two, please!!!

The one I was referring to! We all have great taste!! lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it never ends up on the auctiin block
Princess Astrid of Norway, the present King's aunt
She has some quite eccentric pieces and a good sence of hunour
These are just gorgouse
The big pearl element reminds me of a kina (which i think is called a sea urchin in other parts of the world)
Scale.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results