shape
carat
color
clarity

Any opinions on this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Xterror

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Can I have an opinion on this stone please. I like the value it seems to offer, but I am concerned with the color. I was told it would present up to 2 grades higher in a white gold setting, is this true? Thanks for your help!
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_560ct_i_vs2_h&a.htm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
where did you hear it would show 2 grades whiter?

it looks like a fabulous stone....nice specs, images, etc!

i don''t know about guaranteeing that it would show 2 grades whiter in a white gold setting to your eyes though. an I stone is an I stone...BUT that said, I think that the types of I stones you see in stores locally are not the same as viewing a really excellently cut stone...they DO face up whiter with a better cut.

that said, i have a well-cut J stone and face up it looks just like my old H stone to MY eyes, but in some lighting you can see some side color in the pavilion. your I will most likely be the same, however i really love my stone and the color is so subtle that only I can really pick it out.

I and J stones can represent a great deal if you can get past that ''mind-white'' block....but i just would say, don''t set yourself up to be disappointed if you get it and realize TO YOU it does not look like a G stone. if it WAS a G stone it would be graded a G stone. but YES exceptionally well-cut diamonds do look whiter and face up better than the typical store/maul cut. so if you have seen an I stone in a regular ole store, then you probably will be pleasantly surprised at the GOG stone!

good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mara. It''s a lovely stone. But showing up 2 shades whiter?? Who told you that??
33.gif
It will face up bright white, for sure.
2.gif

Xterror

Rough_Rock
A "salesman" said that to me while looking at some loose stones at a B&M shop in the mall. Thanks for the info so far. Does the price seem fair?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a gorgeous stone, and a well-cut ''I'' should face up pretty white, but you won''t know how much tolerance you have for color until you bring it in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that makes sense, I knew no one from GOG would give you that load of Cr*p. The price seems fair to me. You can also pricescope your stone to see what similar stones are going for.
2.gif

Xterror

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help so far. This "buying" process is making me a bundle of nerves. The more I read, the more confusing it seems to get, hence the reason I chose an H&A. I never heard of it before, but it does sound like a better quality of stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results