shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Nikon D5000 owners out there?

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited I finally decided to treat myself to a DSLR. After researching and sticking to my budget I bought this D5000. It should arrive tomorrow! I am excited to start learning how to use this puppy. I am looking for recommendations for free online tutorials or a book to purchase. I am very much a beginner in the DSLR world. I just don''t want to keep it in auto mode. I want to learn the capabilities of a DSLR. My main focus will be sport/action shots. I am raising to little soccer players

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ken Rockwell's review may have some information about your camera that you'll find useful. Click

I love how the display tilts out.
I wish my camera had that.

I saw a very thick magazine (more like a book) at Costco for $30 that was a great introduction to digital photography.
It was not in the camera department, rather in the book/magazine department.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kenny. I actually chose this camera based on Ken Rockwell''s review! His site is great

I have that one! My mom also bought the same one.. but my dad has mostly been using it.

Date: 5/20/2010 12:00:54 PM
Author: kenny
Ken Rockwell''s review may have some information about your camera that you''ll find useful. Click

I love how the display tilts out.

I wish my camera had that.

I saw a very thick magazine (more like a book) at Costco for $30 that was a great introduction to digital photography.

It was not in the camera department, rather in the book/magazine department.

32.gif
32.gif
holy crap I paid way more for mine than $597!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Canon guy but I can help a bit. Camera manuals often leave a lot to be desired. There''s a Magic Lantern series of camera books that are good. They go into more detail than the manual. You can find it here. Also, dpreview.com is a great site. There are lots of detailed pages and tests for the D5000 on dpreview here: D5000 review. They have Nikon specific forums too if you need help. Lots of talent and experience on that site. Have fun with it!

Treefrog

Crap I don''t know the name of the dvd, but my parents bought the D5000 dvd to help them understand things. There are 2 of them.... I bet a google search would bring it up. (I think they bought it at national camera exchange?)

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
We just bought the D5000 a few weeks ago and love it! FI has been playing with it NON-STOP! We are hoping to get some amazing pictures with it when we go on our honeymoon next week!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Digital Photography School is my favorite for a lot of things - you can sign up with them and get newsletters, and they also have forums for learning from actual users. Check out the Tip section!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 7:51:35 PM
Author: IdLikeToBuyAVal
We just bought the D5000 a few weeks ago and love it! FI has been playing with it NON-STOP! We are hoping to get some amazing pictures with it when we go on our honeymoon next week!
*** Threadjacking alert ***

I hope you have a wonderful wedding day tomorrow!!!
36.gif

*** Threadjacking alert ***

Oh wait... I can keep this on topic. Where will you be using the D5000 next week?

Treefrog

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
We are! My DH doesn''t let me touch it, control freak, but it''s okay I luff my point & shoot. He is still a newb and wants to take photography classes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results