shape
carat
color
clarity

Any new updates out there??

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies, I know some of us may have little updates that we haven''t been posting because of the switch to 2.0.
I had an update I wanted to share but didn''t want to post a whole new thread just because of it (even though I''m really excited). I wanna know where everyone else is standing in the whole ''waiting'' game...does he/she have the ring?? new timelines?? starting to look??? Let''s hear it, it''s been dead around here lately!!

I''ll go first - We finally got our first time homebuyer tax refund back!!!! About 3 weeks ago now
36.gif

Anddddddddddddd, he went and ordered the ring/diamond last Monday!!! (I''m not supposed to know that...lol)
He can pick it up on July 3rd, and I know he''s planning on proposing fairly quickly after he gets the ring...he won''t be waiting 2 months to do it or anything...so I should have an engagement in less then a month :):):) I''m pretty excited and going crazy trying to keep my mind busy (already giving myself weekly manicures - lol).

So what about you!? Any new updates/things to look forward to? I really wanna hear them! Help take our minds off our own waiting :) Don''t be shy!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
yes, I got engaged!!! I''ve been a terrible PS''er, because I haven''t updated yet. I haven''t taken photos, and I know I''ll have no mercy until I post some :razz:

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
oh my god!! that is a really big update!!!! AHHH! Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

And you won''t get any mercy from me, we want pics!!
9.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
and it really is hard to keep your mind off of it when you know it''s coming, but you have such an exciting few months ahead of you!! I''ll keep watching for your announcement soon ;-)

Here is a teaser picture from Brian Gavin. The ring is a Petite Torchiere by Mark Morrell.

BrianGavin_MM3b_052810.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 11:36:49 AM
Author: caroleena
and it really is hard to keep your mind off of it when you know it''s coming, but you have such an exciting few months ahead of you!! I''ll keep watching for your announcement soon ;-)

Here is a teaser picture from Brian Gavin. The ring is a Petite Torchiere by Mark Morrell.
Congratulations! And that is one of my all-time-favorite solitaire settings!!!

Can''t wait to see a full thread on this baby!!!

As for my update, you can find my latest news here! Our 2 year anniversary is on Saturday...fingers crossed, ladies! And a hopefully magic mani will be done on Saturday morning!!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
What exciting updates thus far! Congrats caroleena!

My big update (that is also mentioned in its own thread) is that SO and I went ring shopping for the first time this weekend!!! Just to one place that didn''t have a huge amount of options but it was so nice to feel like we''re on the same page and want to take the next step in our relationship.

It was pretty uneventful on the whole but symbolically meant a lot more. I wish they had some of the sample rings in smaller sizes though! I have relatively small fingers (about a 5) and everything looked so goofy on me because it was falling off.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Caroleena! You simply have to take pictures ASAP! That is one of my favorite solitaire settings as well! WE NEED PICS!!

I wish I had an exciting update, but I simply don''t. We aren''t going to get engaged before next year, unless a miracle happens. SO''s mother''s financial situation has worsened and all extra money has been going to help her. We are both at a very low financial point right now and so, we just won''t be able to get engaged any time soon. The only way we could is if SO''s job would open up overtime. Right now, we basically need overtime to open up just to be able to afford bills, food and helping his mother. I have been praying so much that they will open overtime soon, because without it, I just don''t know how we will ever be able to get ahead and afford a ring and a wedding. I have been feeling really down about it and was actually going to post a thread.

I know it''s awful too, but I''m also really starting to resent his mother for all this. She has been unemployed for almost a year and has had zero job prospects. She only applies for jobs to keep her unemployment checks coming. She had an interview the other day (literally the first one in over 8 months) and she probably won''t even know if she gets the job because she always leaves the ringer on her phone turned off. She never wants to answer the phone when anyone calls, so she has started to leave the ringer on mute so that she doesn''t have to hear it. This really makes me upset because it''s like she doesn''t want to get a job. And it''s hurting mine and BF''s finances tremendously. BF did have a very good start on his savings toward not just my ring, but our future in general and now that is literally ALL gone. Every bit of it. (Now I''m starting to cry). I am just getting so frustrated that we are both working so hard to make money and stay ahead of our bills and out of debt, yet we aren''t able to get anywhere with saving money because we have to help his mother.

Okay, sorry for the super long post/rant. But, it feels good to get this all out.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, everyone''s updates are great! Congrats everyone, especially caroleena for the engagement!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hugs to Mayflowers-- I hope things turn around soon for you and your BF.

My update: I am proposing to my partner this weekend in SF. I''m excited and nervous. To the point of being a basketcase. I hope I can go through with it, LOL!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you, all. I heard the pleas, I quickly snapped some pictures. They aren''t very good, but I''ll get my fiancee to take some with his camera in the next few days. Link

vc10um - lots of dust to you this weekend!

Callisto - I have the same problem when I went to try stuff on. But that''s super exciting, and I agree that it is very symbolic.

MayFlowers - Oy. I hear your frustrations. His mom sounds really demotivated at the moment, and I don''t think she''s even realizing how much it is affecting the lives of those around her. I really believe in the power of positive energy and thinking (though it is really hard when you''re faced with life''s challenging situations). I hope things look up for you guys very soon!

Grlsbestfrnd - Thank you :)

HappyNewLife - GOOD LUCK!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Caroleena, congrats - gorgeous setting!

AnneTossy, super exciting...fingers crossed for very soon!

vc10um, hope that magic mani does its job - I want to see some bling Sunday morning!

Callisto, yeah for ring shopping! Wonderful to be on the same page!

MayFlowers, I''m sorry things are rough. Hopefully you two are on the same page about priorities and this won''t continue to be a drain on the two of you and your future together.

HappyNewLife, good luck! Hope it is magically romantic!

As for me, it has become clear that (1) he wants to marry me, (2) we are, in fact, going to get married, (3) we need to get this rolling so we can wed next summer! I am BY FAR the planner in the relationship, so he had me email the jeweler to set up a time for us to go and look at loose stones and settings. Things finally seem to be falling into place, so I''m feeling far more content and just plain happy. He''s never given me reason to doubt us, but I''m a doubting person by nature, so feeling like things are progressing has me much less crazy! We were at a wedding this weekend, and in the past I''m embarrassed to say weddings have left me unsettled and frustrated, but this weekend I just had a great time knowing that I had nothing to worry about!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
caroleena - its beautiful!! i love the pictures you posted, especially with the monkey! love it.
vc10um- crossing my fingers for a proposal this weekend!!!! I know I''m going to go crazy knowing that he has the ring. hopefully he won''t make you wait too long!
callisto- I have the same size fingers! You''re right most everything was waay too big. but it''s kind of funny because the setting i ended up picking was actually in our size! the only size 5 in the whole store, so i got to see exactly how it should feel.
mayflowers- aww, don''t cry! I actually started tearing up reading this knowing what a pain in the butt it is to have to keep waiting for something thats out of your control (his mom). I''m crossing my fingers for ya about the overtime. Hopefully she''ll start to realize what a damper this is putting on you both and maybe start looking for a job. Is she unhappy or depressed? Or just doesn''t want to go back to work? I''m hoping things get better for you *hugs*
happynewlife- AHHHH! Yay! Good Luck and congrats!! I''m sure it''ll turn out great! You have to let us know asap! and now we can finally see hand pics of the ring :)
sillyberry- thats great news about the jeweler meeting! make sure you try on tons of totally different styles :) it''s comforting to know that I wasn''t the only one who felt so frustrated at weddings. hopefully your time will be here soon.

wow, so many great updates! I get so excited hearing about plans for other people in the same place as me! helps keep my mind off of it. any other updates out there? what about past LIW''s that are still hangin'' around? How''s the engagement/planning coming along?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support! It really does mean a lot to me. I know eventually we will come out on the positive side of this. It''s just a matter of making it through the tough times to get to those positive and easier times. Once I graduate next May, I will hopefully get a *real* job and things will start to move much more quickly. BF''s boss has already told him that starting in January overtime will be open. So, hopefully our financial struggles won''t last further than this December. There has been talk that overtime will open in August, which is the same time that BF will get his annual raise. So, I''m hoping for the best, while still trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Sillyberry-That''s really exciting! You will have to let us know how everything goes and if you found a ring or not! BF and I went ring shopping a while ago and we both just had so much fun!

HappyNewLife-Good luck on the proposal! Let us know how it goes and give us some handshots of the ring!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Well our time line may have been pushed back a little bit.

We have been going though alot of drama with immigration and getting his paperwork sorted so he can stay in NZ.
Now he is saying, regardness of wether I get a job, we won''t be moving out untill at least his working visa comes through so he knows we will be staying in NZ for atleast another couple of years. It makes sence, we have alot of furnature and things to buy for a new place and it would be stupid to invest that much money in it, only to have to sell it a few weeks later because we have to leave the country. And since we have agreed we wont be getting engaged while living in our current situation....it may be some time.
I''m holding out hope it will be before my birthday in October.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
4ever - crossing my fingers for ya!

Beezy - finger twin! what''s the status/update on your ring?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 11:18:02 AM
Author: caroleena
4ever - crossing my fingers for ya!

Beezy - finger twin! what''s the status/update on your ring?

no update no status...
39.gif

I love your ring btw... love the pic with the bamboo stick.... I have some next to my computer!

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Just a teeny update. BF and I talked about rings again and he got all frustrated and upset and I started crying because it was what I thought he wanted. I thought he wanted me to get a bunch of research together, give it to him, and then stop talking about it.

I was freaking out that he only wanted to talk about it because he thought I wanted to and not because he is actually thinking about getting engaged. more crying. I took 5 and stopped my hysterics (its very unusual for me to cry like that, he was scared. lol) and then explained that he was my best friend and I can''t talk to anyone else about it and I''m just so excited and I can''t hold it in. I apologized if I talked about it too much but that after 7 years, I felt like I deserved to be excited about such a huge step (looking at rings). I said I deserved to be happy and excited but I wanted to respect his wishes that I not tell people because he wants everyone to find out AFTER I do.

oh gosh, that is long. sorry. To end it - turned out to be really good and he apologized for freaking out and said he was just overwhelmed. He agreed that I should be happy and excited and that he was too, he just can''t handle it every day. LOL. So we compromised and if I see something I like - I''m allowed to tell him, but not more than once a week are we allowed to discuss it (rings, money, weddings, etc) I''m thrilled with this outcome because it means that I don''t have to rush through all of the jewelry stores/catalogs/websites in a week and give him answers. PHEW.

36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My SO started a ring fund. But we probably won''t get engaged for at least another year or so since he''s away at the moment and I''ll be away from this fall to next spring. I haven''t even picked out a centerstone or ring design yet, though I''ll be keeping my eyes open.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mini update (a good one ths time):

I found out last night BF is totally open to future upgrades
2.gif

I don''t have a ring on my finger yet but it''s good to know
18.gif

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 1:46:03 PM
Author: MayFlowers
Congrats Caroleena! You simply have to take pictures ASAP! That is one of my favorite solitaire settings as well! WE NEED PICS!!

I wish I had an exciting update, but I simply don''t. We aren''t going to get engaged before next year, unless a miracle happens. SO''s mother''s financial situation has worsened and all extra money has been going to help her. We are both at a very low financial point right now and so, we just won''t be able to get engaged any time soon. The only way we could is if SO''s job would open up overtime. Right now, we basically need overtime to open up just to be able to afford bills, food and helping his mother. I have been praying so much that they will open overtime soon, because without it, I just don''t know how we will ever be able to get ahead and afford a ring and a wedding. I have been feeling really down about it and was actually going to post a thread.

I know it''s awful too, but I''m also really starting to resent his mother for all this. She has been unemployed for almost a year and has had zero job prospects. She only applies for jobs to keep her unemployment checks coming. She had an interview the other day (literally the first one in over 8 months) and she probably won''t even know if she gets the job because she always leaves the ringer on her phone turned off. She never wants to answer the phone when anyone calls, so she has started to leave the ringer on mute so that she doesn''t have to hear it. This really makes me upset because it''s like she doesn''t want to get a job. And it''s hurting mine and BF''s finances tremendously. BF did have a very good start on his savings toward not just my ring, but our future in general and now that is literally ALL gone. Every bit of it. (Now I''m starting to cry). I am just getting so frustrated that we are both working so hard to make money and stay ahead of our bills and out of debt, yet we aren''t able to get anywhere with saving money because we have to help his mother.

Okay, sorry for the super long post/rant. But, it feels good to get this all out.
Aw Mayflower <333333 I feel for you. I do, so strongly.

I can honestly admitt this privately on this public forum.. lol. But when things were going okay with SO a few months ago and proposal was in the proscpect we had gone shopping and things were looking good. I knew he had saved about $10,000 for my ring. Well his mom died and the life insurances was a typical life insurance agency who drug their feet. SO used ALL his savings to cover everything (~$22,000). Obviously that meant our engagement was thrown on hold.

I would never blame his mother, that would just be all kinds of wrong, she died that wasn''t her fault, wow that would make me a totally a-hole.

Anyway. I did (and still do) sort of hold this grudge towards his brothers and sisters. His oldest brother makes waaaay more than SO does. Like almost $100,000 more than SO, but he claimed he couldn''t help pay for the services at all because he was poor. Well the week after the funeral he bought a new $5000 TV and a pretty pricey blueray player and a TON of blue rays. Total I KNOW he spent atleast $10,000. But he couldn''t help pay any of his MOTHER''s funeral expenses?? I was like what? I mean, they were really close to, wth?

I totally feel for you <3333 so I''m throwing some serious GOOD LUCK and LOVE dust your way!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results