shape
carat
color
clarity

Any LOST fans on here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious what people thought about the season finale. I thought it was AMAZING and am now sad I have to wait until 2010 for the next episode.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The whole thing was confusing as Lost was meant to be
9.gif

I''m disappointed we have to wait until 2010 for the next season BUT it looks like it''ll have a lot of good material. I wonder if the bomb worked

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it was great!

I caught the tail end of the recap special that was on right before the finale and the director/producer said that this next season would be the last one...boo...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That scene with Juliette and the chains was heartbreaking. I cried, I so cried...

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I was so excited to finally get more info on Jacob... and I never expected him to be such a cutie.
1.gif

I''m thinking the people in 1977 will end up blasting back to the island where the whole Jacob/Locke-but-not-Locke showdown was going on...

Was not excited about the fact that Jack wanted to blow up the bomb b/c he was heartbroken over Kate. Boo to that.

Was very, very happy to hear Miles call Chang "Dad." I thought that was sweet.

I hope Juliet and Sayid are not dead!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 10:36:04 AM
Author: Starset Princess
That scene with Juliette and the chains was heartbreaking. I cried, I so cried...
Ditto! Sawyer was so sad!

I was kind of hoping for a Jack and Kate moment. I''m still really confused over Kate. I don''t know if she''s in love with Jack or still has feelings for Sawyer or what.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
How crazy is the Lock/not-Lock thing?

So what''s your theory on Jacob and not-Lock? I think they''re God and the Devil and they''re using the ppl on the island as a metaphor for mankind. Basically whomever wins over the folks on the island gets to have everyone else in the world. So the "climate" on the island reflects the "climate" elsewhere in the world-some on the light side and some on the dark side...

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 10:48:29 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
How crazy is the Lock/not-Lock thing?

So what''s your theory on Jacob and not-Lock? I think they''re God and the Devil and they''re using the ppl on the island as a metaphor for mankind. Basically whomever wins over the folks on the island gets to have everyone else in the world. So the ''climate'' on the island reflects the ''climate'' elsewhere in the world-some on the light side and some on the dark side...
I''m with you... I think it''s a good versus evil type battle. I think it''s clear that Jacob believes that people are inherently good, given the way he interacted with everyone he came in contact with. He kept telling people they had a choice, you know? But what I don''t know is what will happen when one side wins. And I can''t completely figure out who''s aligned with who. Eloise is the person who confuses me the most.

When I saw it was Dead Locke in the box, I swear I got chills. I was like, "NO WAY!" But there was definitely some foreshadowing on that - the way Ben and Richard were mystified when he was "revived" on the island.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 10:36:04 AM
Somehow she''ll probably come back! Who knows what the island has in store for her.

I''m very disapointed we have to wait almost a year! A great storyline better be built up by then!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I have an Egyptian Mau cat - I named him Seth, after the Egyptian God of Chaos. Seth was also known as the killer of his brother Osiris. Isis put Osiris back together and he became known as the Judge of the Dead (in the Afterworld).

I was clued in sometime this season - when Sawyer referred to Richard as the guy with the eyeliner. I looked at my cat Seth, and made a joke about how Seth wears eyeliner too. Then a lightbulb went off. That was my first clue that the people (or Richard, at least) are somehow linked to the ancient Egyptians (this was long before the viewers were shown the Egyptian temple).

Later we were shown the backside of the statue - in the statues hand is the Ankh - symbol of life and sometimes fertility. Last night, when shown the statue's face - I recognized the statue as Tauaret (protector of childbirth). She also had some sort of relationship with Seth (lover?).

Seth had a great conflict with Horus - but I can't remember what it was about.

So - who is Jacob and that other guy? I think the "guy in black/new Locke" is Seth. Jacob? Either Osiris or Horus (though isn't there another character in Dharma named Horace?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last scene... in the preview for 2010 had an eye. It looked like a blond female eye. And frankly it looked like Juliette''s except her eyes are blue, and this was a green eye. So I''m hopeful.

I thought the episode was okay. Frankly I''m just wanting the whole thing over with. It''s taking too long. And I can''t believe we have to wait till 2010. Ahh well.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
"What lies in the shadow of the statue?"

"Ille qui nos omnis servabit."/"That which [or he who] will save us all."

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've missed a few episodes, and the whole story line has gotten beyond my meager comprehension. Has anyone looked to see if anything is inside the statue's leg or the foot (maybe more statues with drugs inside them)? Why didn't that thing Jack threw down the hole blow up the island? Where did the smoke monster go? Is the little boy Kate was taking care of going to become an adult in one of the time warps and rescue everyone? Is Locke Ben's real father?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:05:27 PM
Author: LAJennifer
I have an Egyptian Mau cat - I named him Seth, after the Egyptian God of Chaos. Seth was also known as the killer of his brother Osiris. Isis put Osiris back together and he became known as the Judge of the Dead (in the Afterworld).

I was clued in sometime this season - when Sawyer referred to Richard as the guy with the eyeliner. I looked at my cat Seth, and made a joke about how Seth wears eyeliner too. Then a lightbulb went off. That was my first clue that the people (or Richard, at least) are somehow linked to the ancient Egyptians (this was long before the viewers were shown the Egyptian temple).

Later we were shown the backside of the statue - in the statues hand is the Ankh - symbol of life and sometimes fertility. Last night, when shown the statue''s face - I recognized the statue as Tauaret (protector of childbirth). She also had some sort of relationship with Seth (lover?).

Seth had a great conflict with Horus - but I can''t remember what it was about.

So - who is Jacob and that other guy? I think the ''guy in black/new Locke'' is Seth. Jacob? Either Osiris or Horus (though isn''t there another character in Dharma named Horace?
I''m thinking Jacob could be Osiris, if your theory holds up. And yeah, there''s a Dharma guy named Horace. He was the leader of the Dharma group...

Oh, and your Hello Dollies sound delicious!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:05:27 PM
Author: LAJennifer

My husband cannot stand the eyeliner guy. He's always hoping he'll get killed off simply because of the eyeliner! lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:41:50 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I''ve missed a few episodes, and the whole story line has gotten beyond my meager comprehension. Has anyone looked to see if anything is inside the statue''s leg or the foot (maybe more statues with drugs inside them)? Why didn''t that thing Jack threw down the hole blow up the island? Where did the smoke monster go? Is the little boy Kate was taking care of going to become an adult in one of the time warps and rescue everyone? Is Locke Ben''s real father?

I believe the stature is solid-there''s a temple beneath it. Not sure about the drugs
It (bomb) didn''t blow up the island when he threw it down the hole, but Juliette took care of it
The smoke monster still exists, it "lives" in a temple on the island. Ben had to visit with it in an episode earlier in the season.
Good question about Aaron, Claire/Kate''s son...not sure what will happen there, but I''m willing to bet he''s got a strong part in the next season (if only because he was born on the island)
Locke is not Ben''s father. Ben''s father was part of the Dharma Initiative

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer-When FI and I first started watching LOST, about three months ago, his initial impression was that it had to do with Ancient Egyptians too. Then he said maybe its Atlantis
20.gif
LOL

Date: 5/14/2009 2:41:50 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I''ve missed a few episodes, and the whole story line has gotten beyond my meager comprehension. Has anyone looked to see if anything is inside the statue''s leg or the foot (maybe more statues with drugs inside them)? Why didn''t that thing Jack threw down the hole blow up the island? Where did the smoke monster go? Is the little boy Kate was taking care of going to become an adult in one of the time warps and rescue everyone? Is Locke Ben''s real father?
Inside of the statue was Jacob''s home. I''m still trying to understand what the hut was all about and why John saw someone sitting in the chair.

The bomb didn''t go off for whatever reason (drama perhaps?). Juliette had to hit it a few times for it to go off.

That''s a good question about the smoke monster. My guess is that Ben was the one to release it throughout the years and then when he got banished, no one was there to release it.

Did anyone else feel really sad for Ben in the final few minutes of the episode? When Jacob said "what about you?" I felt kind of sad for him.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Loved it, can''t believe we have to wait 9 whole months for the LAST season.

Not sure what I think, definitely need to go back and re-watch it to process.

BUT I do think that maybe the Nameless guy from the beginning that is now Locke (Alterna-Locke or Not Locke) takes the form of dead people and the smoke monster. So he appears as Smokey- remember in the first or second season when he "chose" Locke? He also appears as Christian and I think he was the "Alex" that appeared to Ben that told him to do whatever Locke said. Just a thought.

I read something about the statute, and now I can''t remember. Something about the face of a crocodile and the god Set? Which also had something to do with infertility. But what I read indicated that this was a god of darkness, so what does that say about Jacob?

Hmmm, so many things to think about!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, fieryred.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:53:50 PM
Author: ChinaCat

BUT I do think that maybe the Nameless guy from the beginning that is now Locke (Alterna-Locke or Not Locke) takes the form of dead people and the smoke monster. So he appears as Smokey- remember in the first or second season when he ''chose'' Locke? He also appears as Christian and I think he was the ''Alex'' that appeared to Ben that told him to do whatever Locke said. Just a thought.
I too thought that the second guy from the beach (not Jacob) in the beginning has taken the form of Locke, but your suggestion that he takes the form of any dead person is really sticking with me. This could explain the many times characters on LOST have received a message from dead friends which influences them to make the choices that puts them where they are now.

I also like the idea that the hydrogen bomb puts everyone back on the island in the present time. Reunions, teamwork, gosh - how many people could come back to life if the plane crash never happened? I didn''t start watching the show until maybe three episodes before Charlie died. I''m still attached to "Cholly" as Desmond would say. So I got a big smile from Sun finding his ring in the cradle.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I love LOST but it confuses me.
My husband thinks the guy in the black shirt can take the form of the dead as well.
we shall see..but we will have to wait.

I think I will be happy when it finally comes to and end. Just to have all the answers..unless they leave it open for a big screen opportunity.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 10:14:57 AM

Date: 5/14/2009 5:53:50 PM
Author: ChinaCat

BUT I do think that maybe the Nameless guy from the beginning that is now Locke (Alterna-Locke or Not Locke) takes the form of dead people and the smoke monster. So he appears as Smokey- remember in the first or second season when he ''chose'' Locke? He also appears as Christian and I think he was the ''Alex'' that appeared to Ben that told him to do whatever Locke said. Just a thought.
I too thought that the second guy from the beach (not Jacob) in the beginning has taken the form of Locke, but your suggestion that he takes the form of any dead person is really sticking with me. This could explain the many times characters on LOST have received a message from dead friends which influences them to make the choices that puts them where they are now.

I also like the idea that the hydrogen bomb puts everyone back on the island in the present time. Reunions, teamwork, gosh - how many people could come back to life if the plane crash never happened? I didn''t start watching the show until maybe three episodes before Charlie died. I''m still attached to ''Cholly'' as Desmond would say. So I got a big smile from Sun finding his ring in the cradle.
We''ve actually never SEEN Smokey turn into those characters, just that Smokey was there, and then in an instant, a dead character appears. I''m skeptical that they''re going to take that route because it seems a bit obvious.

The cabin . . . I was lost, what was the significance of the painting of the dog? We saw it again in Jacob''s cabin before. Was Ilanya actually looking for Jacob, or black shirt? She becamed alarmed when she noticed the ash circle was broken. Was that circle meant to keep someone in? Or someone out?

My thought is that the hydrogen bomb could have actually worked in the way Faraday suggested it would, and that eye opening is someone waking up on the original oceanic flight on the way to LAX, and the final season is the Losties somehow coming back together because the island''s pull is so great.

I don''t know, but I have always loved all of the Egyptian mythology tied to this show.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Starset- You should get the DVD of the earlier episodes you missed, they are fantastic.

Lauren- Yeah, I don''t think that Smokey turned into dead people, but I think that perhaps Nameless guy has the ability to appear as dead people, and I also think that perhaps Nameless guy can appear as Smokey. I also think that Jacob was never in that cabin, at least not for a long time, and that maybe Nameless guy was stuck in there. Who knows!

The funny thing about this show is that people have such great ideas and theories, especially about what is going to happen, and we NEVER are right. Would you ever have predicted what happened in this finale? Not me! So I love thinking about it, but I love what they come up with even more.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My stupid tivo only recorded one hour of the finale.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 10:44:21 AM
Author: CurlySue
I was so excited to finally get more info on Jacob... and I never expected him to be such a cutie.
1.gif
Yikes, I can never see him that way after Dexter
32.gif

I'm so happy that LOST has entered the scientific areas that it has (like all other JJ Abrams work has seemed to lately
3.gif
), it's a favorite topic of mine. Abrams and I must have similar scientific interests
3.gif

My husband got so annoyed at me because I kept "calling" stuff right before the reveals
lol.gif
I'm usually better about keeping my theorizing trap shut but when the episodes are so long and so stimulating I forget my manners!
lipzip.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 2:49:26 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
My stupid tivo only recorded one hour of the finale.
Booooo!
38.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, the eye in the S6 trailer was indeed Jack''s eye. He has green eyes, that go sort of hazel sometime. I''d be willing to bet it''s Jack.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock

I just had to add here.... Nestor Carbonell (the guy who plays Richard) - NO EYELINER. He looks like that all the time (check him out on Google images). I remember him from "Suddenly Susan" and he looked the same (hey, wait a minute....... he doesn't age in real life EITHER! WTF?????? LOL) The man is simply blessed with super dark eyelashes. I work with a Persian guy who has the same thing......

It's funny - I assumed the eye was Kate's (hers are green too). Wasn't it eerie how much the kids looked like the actors they played? (young Kate, young Sawyer, young Juliette?) How often do they bother to find child actors who resemble who they are playing THAT much?

I LOVE this show so much..... can't STAND waiting now...... I don't own ANY TV shows or movies on DVD but this is ONE that I will be buying when it's all over (and I'm sure it will cost a fortune but the BOX will be AWESOME! Remember how they packaged "6 Feet Under"? How they gonna top that?).....

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 3:08:30 PM
Author: mausketeer
I just had to add here.... Nestor Carbonell (the guy who plays Richard) - NO EYELINER. He looks like that all the time (check him out on Google images). I remember him from ''Suddenly Susan'' and he looked the same (hey, wait a minute....... he doesn''t age in real life EITHER! WTF?????? LOL) The man is simply blessed with super dark eyelashes. I work with a Persian guy who has the same thing......
I love Richard. I''ve had the biggest crush on him since Season 2.
30.gif
11.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 3:04:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Also, the eye in the S6 trailer was indeed Jack''s eye. He has green eyes, that go sort of hazel sometime. I''d be willing to bet it''s Jack.
Oh! I thought it was Ben''s because of the hair (eyebrow) and skin coloring. Showing Jack''s eye would definitely be more exciting, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results