shape
carat
color
clarity

Any help???

kGThomas

Rough_Rock
Can anyone please help me with age and worth please all diamonds 25 total all over half a carrot each??? Any help would be great, thanks
62477843-7807-4EAB-B132-42924969BEEE.jpeg 62477843-7807-4EAB-B132-42924969BEEE.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you have further specifications it’s impossible to “value” by approx size.
A .48 carat is worth proportionally less than a .51 carat.
A D colour is worth alot more than an I colour.
A VVS is worth alot more than a SI2.
These differences are hard to see with the eye but a report will detail them and it’s these characteristics as a whole that determine price.
They appear to be princess cut?
That cut is somewhat out of favour, by that I mean if an exact spec round brillant was compared to the princess cut, the round cut would be worth more.
Looking at James Allen each diamond probably somewhere between $700 and $1,000 or more each.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. Looks like a belt buckle doesn’t it. Are there any markings on the metal? They are very unlikely to be diamonds if set in silver - platinum or gold will be hallmarked. Did you test the stones? Might help to clean it.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Also better to only post one thread.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks like an Art Deco tarnished silver pin. Did you test those? Even blurry after the zoom in, they are all heavily included. Rhinestones look like this after long periods of time as well. Take it to a jeweler. No one here will be able to assess value if it is authentic.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
all over half a carrot each

Unless you have really big thumbs, I don't think this can be correct.

EDIT: If all these stones are > 0.5 ct (> 5 mm), then your thumb is ~ 1.5 in across at the base of the nail.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kGThomas

Rough_Rock
Unless you have further specifications it’s impossible to “value” by approx size.
A .48 carat is worth proportionally less than a .51 carat.
A D colour is worth alot more than an I colour.
A VVS is worth alot more than a SI2.
These differences are hard to see with the eye but a report will detail them and it’s these characteristics as a whole that determine price.
They appear to be princess cut?
That cut is somewhat out of favour, by that I mean if an exact spec round brillant was compared to the princess cut, the round cut would be worth more.
Looking at James Allen each diamond probably somewhere between $700 and $1,000 or more each.

Thanks a lot, one more question?? Is it better to break the diamonds up then, or sell as a piece?? Thanks

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a lot, one more question?? Is it better to break the diamonds up then, or sell as a piece?? Thanks

Selling any gemstone without a report is difficult. Especially diamonds because the $$$$ is in their carat, colour, clarity and quality of cut. Without confirmation of those aspects how do you price it?
As a piece of jewellery, sale would also be difficult.
I presume it’s a brooch?
brooches are probably the hardest to sell because they aren’t “in fashion” and not many people wear them.
However I could see that piece being converted to a cuff bangle and a band ring or two.
the cost to create those pieces would be expensive but a cuff bangle and a band ring or two would be much more saleable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results