shape
carat
color
clarity

Any furniture makers/experts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking for a "kid''s" table. I found a cool looking coffee table but am worried b/c it is only 17" high. The chairs I already have the "seat" at 12". Is 5" enough of a clearance?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Standard clearance on a toddler type table is 7", so your little one will probably be fine for a while. You could also consider adding "feet" to the table to raise it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what I was afraid of. This is the table I liked. Looks like there already are feet...hmmmm....

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
We had this kind of converter table (high chair that turned toddler table) and loved it! It didn''t come from here, but this is a picture of what it was like:
http://www.turnertoys.com/C1/juvenile_furniture/Infant/kombi-convertible-wooden-high-chair.htm
By the time our oldest outgrew it, the next baby came along.
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I wouldn''t go for that table. You actually wouldn''t even have 5" because 17" would be the top of the table, so you''d probably lose an inch or an inch and a half of clearance.

Are you looking specifically for a play table, or are you trying to find something that is a piece of furniture that she can play at??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julia, that is cool. I just need a table though.

SS, I posted the chairs I bought in the mommy thread a while ago. They look like that classic bentwood design chair that''s super famous. They are REALLY cool. I like more modern furniture and usually don''t care for "baby" stuff. I bought 6 so I am looking for a rectangle table. Hopefully she will learn to color there, have tea parties, etc..

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
20" would be a good height then, and it is a widely available height in coffee tables. I think bentwood tables are usually no higher than 18" though, so you may find something better suited in a different style. Something else you could consider--2 end tables put together. They would still be the wider rectangle you want, but they''d be taller and the bentwood design in end tables is usually around 20"-22" high.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Can you recall where you have seen any?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Have you checked IKEA?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
These are pricey, but HERE is a link to a ton of tables. I have narrowed it down to 20" or higher. You can go through and select different styles, finishes, material etc. Then you''ll have a better idea of what''s available. Of course, I''d shop around after you find some models you like.

You can try things like library, parsons, vogue, and mission tables too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv, Ikea website doesn''t work on my computer. It''s too old. I''ll have to take a look at it with DH''s computer.

SS look what I found! Okay, it is round and the legs are shiny (the chair legs are matte) and the wood is a different color BUT it MIGHT work. Style wise it would match the chairs and the price is good. The height is 22". Do you think that is okay?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, I just looked that their matching chairs and they have a seat height of 12" so the table should work! Just have to decide if I am giving up the dream of a bigger table (I have six chairs).

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
awwww I love the idea of the bigger table! Think of all the friends Tessa could have at her table, or you could use it as the kiddie table for family gatherings.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mia, I know! How cute. That is why I bought 6 chairs. I wish the table I posted game in a rectangle or oval. I can''t find *anything*!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S, it is pretty rare that a child would have more than three playmates over at the ages that table would be used. So I think it would really be fine! She can use the other two chairs for lots of other things.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love the little Jill table you linked. And, in our house, it would have been good to have a couple "spare" chairs.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, you are right! I am not running a daycare. Haha. I got such a good deal on the chairs (I think they were $15 a piece) I won''t be too upset if we only use 4.

SS, thanks for all your advice. I think I might order it. I really like the style of it and the plus side it will take up less room in our playroom. I just got her a huge ball pit so space is filling quickly!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Please post a pic of the table and chairs. I think it''ll be really nice.

And, you''re welcome. Furniture is my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results