shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences with Focusjewel Moissanite?

Alienman

Rough_Rock
Hello! First time posting here. I'm mostly active on Reddit but I get the impression there's a bigger niche of moissanite shoppers here.

I was solicited by "Jenny" who runs the account moissy_diamond_jewelry on Instagram. It looks like the company name is Focus Jewel, which I've not yet heard of.

Has anyone ever ordered from her or her company? I usually work with Mona but while she quoted me $610 for a pair of 18k earrings with 7.5 mm OEC rounds, Jenny is offering the same at $370 and $330 for H&A. I love Mona so much and I try be loyal to her as she's so dedicated and has been so wonderful to work with, but the difference between 610 and 370, yo...

And yet, I'm kind of nervous to go with a vendor that doesn't have any reputation whatsoever, either.

If you were to work with a vendor that is unknown here at PS/WB/R/, what sort of specifications would you give? What kind of proofs would you request?

I sincerely appreciate your replies!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Hello! First time posting here. I'm mostly active on Reddit but I get the impression there's a bigger niche of moissanite shoppers here.

I was solicited by "Jenny" who runs the account moissy_diamond_jewelry on Instagram. It looks like the company name is Focus Jewel, which I've not yet heard of.

Has anyone ever ordered from her or her company? I usually work with Mona but while she quoted me $610 for a pair of 18k earrings with 7.5 mm OEC rounds, Jenny is offering the same at $370 and $330 for H&A. I love Mona so much and I try be loyal to her as she's so dedicated and has been so wonderful to work with, but the difference between 610 and 370, yo...

And yet, I'm kind of nervous to go with a vendor that doesn't have any reputation whatsoever, either.

If you were to work with a vendor that is unknown here at PS/WB/R/, what sort of specifications would you give? What kind of proofs would you request?

Welcome and good to see you here!
She messaged me on Instagram as well.
I asked how much her lab diamonds are and she quoted me DEF $ 615,- per carat.
So 3mm will be $615,-/ 0.1 = 61,50 per piece
4 mm is $ 615/0.3 = 184,50 per piece.
She told me this is an estimate price, final price will be based on exact weight of the stone.
Her lab diamonds prices were much higher than Mona's.

Alienman

Rough_Rock
Welcome and good to see you here!
She messaged me on Instagram as well.
I asked how much her lab diamonds are and she quoted me DEF $ 615,- per carat.
So 3mm will be $615,-/ 0.1 = 61,50 per piece
4 mm is $ 615/0.3 = 184,50 per piece.
She told me this is an estimate price, final price will be based on exact weight of the stone.
Her lab diamonds prices were much higher than Mona's.

Hiiii!!! So great to see you! I figured Jenny might have contacted you as well. I wonder if she's trying to poach Mona's clients

That's good to know about lab diamonds. Mona's lab diamonds are outside my budget still and I'm curious to know what other vendors are quoting. They all seem to pull numbers out of nowhere tbh.

I feel like the moissanite H&As in Jenny's feed actually look better, though. Am I wrong? But I wasn't able to find a Focus Jewel on Alibaba. I'll see if I can draw more information.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Hiiii!!! So great to see you! I figured Jenny might have contacted you as well. I wonder if she's trying to poach Mona's clients

That's good to know about lab diamonds. Mona's lab diamonds are outside my budget still and I'm curious to know what other vendors are quoting. They all seem to pull numbers out of nowhere tbh.

I feel like the moissanite H&As in Jenny's feed actually look better, though. Am I wrong? But I wasn't able to find a Focus Jewel on Alibaba. I'll see if I can draw more information.

Yes i thought that too but i don't blame her, i think i would do that too lol. I couldn't find any info about Focus Jewel.

Thanks to @swaye2010 and all the others who have gathered the lab diamonds prices!

2.5mm - $ 12,-
3mm - $ 35,-
3.5mm - $ 60,-
4mm - $ 160,-
4.5mm - $ 240,-

I end up ordering from Mona because i ordered from Starsgem before and got a stone with a visible inclusion. So i'm hestitate to buy from them again.

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

We have been trying to gather all the lab diamond prices from the vendors. Tianyu has been the most expensive and nobody has ordered a sizable lab diamond from them yet.

I think the price sounds really good. You might want to verify the cut and color so you are making an apples to apples comparison. They could be round brilliant cut and a lower color. You might also want to check if they are HPHT or CVD. I think CVD is the direction in which new companies are going at that might make a difference on price.

I would get some photo’s in a few different lighting situations. If they are messaging you through IG and you are not doing a transaction through Alibaba, I would definitely use PP. You will get buyer protection in the event that they just take off with the money. I would also check to make sure they are using DHL speedpak so you will get your stones in a reasonable amount of time. If they ship using UPS or Fedex, you might get hit with a tax on delivery which could also add to the cost. I think if you are careful, you will be ok.

Alienman

Rough_Rock
We have been trying to gather all the lab diamond prices from the vendors. Tianyu has been the most expensive and nobody has ordered a sizable lab diamond from them yet.

I think the price sounds really good. You might want to verify the cut and color so you are making an apples to apples comparison. They could be round brilliant cut and a lower color. You might also want to check if they are HPHT or CVD. I think CVD is the direction in which new companies are going at that might make a difference on price.

I would get some photo’s in a few different lighting situations. If they are messaging you through IG and you are not doing a transaction through Alibaba, I would definitely use PP. You will get buyer protection in the event that they just take off with the money. I would also check to make sure they are using DHL speedpak so you will get your stones in a reasonable amount of time. If they ship using UPS or Fedex, you might get hit with a tax on delivery which could also add to the cost. I think if you are careful, you will be ok.
Thank you, thank you! I'll copy this into a notebook. What did you think of their Instagram?

Oh and I want to make sure it's clarified I'm shopping for moissanite in this case, not lab diamonds. I'm definitely interested in going the diamond route in the near future!

Last edited:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
45590A70-1B95-47CC-9EF2-3FA15B429893.jpeg 3F21AA1F-77BA-4EEB-A1CA-3E6A226DE511.jpeg E329A822-B5FF-47F8-BD5A-BADE0B2AF4D0.jpeg 9E823562-B06B-49BA-97B1-7196F7CDCF7A.jpeg
@Alienman I think you have to ask her to send you her own pictures. Seems like some pictures doesn't belongs to her. She cropped out the name and put her own name on the pics.
It wouldn't surpise me if half of her gallery is with stolen pics. So actually we don't know how her jewelry looks like?
Just be careful!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
45590A70-1B95-47CC-9EF2-3FA15B429893.jpeg 3F21AA1F-77BA-4EEB-A1CA-3E6A226DE511.jpeg E329A822-B5FF-47F8-BD5A-BADE0B2AF4D0.jpeg 9E823562-B06B-49BA-97B1-7196F7CDCF7A.jpeg
@Alienman I think you have to ask her to send you her own pictures. Seems like some pictures doesn't belongs to her. She cropped out the name and put her own name on the pics.
It wouldn't surpise me if half of her gallery is with stolen pics. So actually we don't know how her jewelry looks like?
Just be careful!

Wow. This in and of itself would make me steer clear. At least when some of the other companies steal pics, they don’t blatantly lie and put a full description in the post!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This in and of itself would make me steer clear. At least when some of the other companies steal pics, they don’t blatantly lie and put a full description in the post!
Exactly! Shady !

Alienman

Rough_Rock
Omg THANK YOU for catching that @Ra2nl !! I Yeah, I don't think I'll be working with her now. With the cropped photos combined with a lack of presence anywhere else, I can't justify dropping several hundred dollars on the unknown. I don't even buy lottery tickets lol.

Huge thanks for the input, everyone!

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Just be careful!
OMG....good catch! Since she said she was asking about moissanites now, I went back and was trying to take a good look at some of the video’s before I even read the other posts. I didn’t think the video’s of the actual stones looked that impressive. It reminded me of what Provence just did. It looks like they have made a few rings for people probably from the IG spamming. Hopefully if people google their name, this thread with come up.

These people are mostly in the same building together as the other companies we use. I am surprised that some have honest business practices and other’s behave like this. It is so short sighted!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FF1316BD-E42A-4127-9949-75A679FFE3BA.jpeg 143DED9C-9F66-41EB-A60E-FFBB796599E7.jpeg You have to be careful of unknown sellers. They steal other people’s photos and pretend that’s what you’re buying.
According to eBay, you can buy my “one of a kind, designer Opal Ring” for $1.04 with Free shipping.
News to me.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
FF1316BD-E42A-4127-9949-75A679FFE3BA.jpeg 143DED9C-9F66-41EB-A60E-FFBB796599E7.jpeg You have to be careful of unknown sellers. They steal other people’s photos and pretend that’s what you’re buying.
According to eBay, you can buy my “one of a kind, designer Opal Ring” for $1.04 with Free shipping.
News to me.

Now i'm tempted to buy one just to see what it will look like.
Yours is so beautiful, i might want a replica of your ring hahahahaha

Alienman

Rough_Rock
News to me.

Wait! You mean to tell me, a dollar and four pennies will not get me a ring like that? You're killing my dream! (Ok but seriously, your ring is straight out of a fairy tale and I'm obsessed with it. It's STUNNING)

I'm so glad this community exists. You guys have probably saved tons of people from getting cheated.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results