color
clarity

Any baby wearing parents here?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo|1407724305|3729971 said:
Wow, your handwovens are gorgeous!

I have fallen hard into the land of wrapping and now have a growing collection which I am trying to streamline, but I love them all and wrapping is an awesome way to reconnect with E in the morning when I get home from work each day:) B has now entered a hard-core regression phase, so I am also wrapping a 50 lb 5 1/2 year old on the regular :lol:

Ellevill Gaia Rainbow-6
Ellevill Jade Ming-6 with tapers chopped to be more like a 5 overall
Didymos Natural Hemp India-5
Didymos Petrol Pfau dyed turquoise-7
Storchenwiege Leo-7 (on the way)
Ellevill Karma-4 (on the way)
I am looking for a size 7 Zara Blue as well
SBP Mahogany tablecloth ring sling
Our old Boba which I am not using right now b/c E and I like wrapping more, but I used it for so long with B that it has a lot of sentimental value, plus it is a great SSC.

Your first DH looks AMAZING! E is up so high and SO happy. My back wrapping expereinces at first didn't get those results. Both of us crying on the bed in frustration was the result of my first attempts.
I'm so glad someone else is into 'wraps' a bit more than most people I know lol! Stash shot?

I LOVE tri green. You can order directly from Ellevill and ALL their wraps are the same price-no matter what size you get. They also often do 50% off sales so you can actually get a size 7 for around 100.00 if you watch :)

How is wrapping a 50lb? Is this more for fun or for lengthy periods of time? I've wrapped a 5 yr old but it was just for fun lol!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! We're trying as wrapping is so much more comfortable and pretty than anything else when we do it right. The veteran ladies on thebabywearer get their wraps so high and so tight and so...everything...that sometimes I feel a little like I am not doing it right. but then I just go back to my youtube BFFs Babywearing Faith and WrappingRachel and my handouts from the babywearing class I had and keep practicing. I wear E about 4 hours a day on the weekends and about an hour each evening when I get home from work.

E is a major wiggler/seat popper/leaning crazy man while I am wrapping him and then as soon as it's knotted he's happy (but still a leg straightening seat popper :lol: )

I found out that Ellevill tip before I bought my first wrap, so all have been direct from them and if they ever get a size 7 Zara Blue in stock again I will buy it immediately:) The retail mark up is INSANE!

Once the Karma and the Storch get here, I'll do a stash shot, but then hopefully the India and Storch are going off to get dyed.

Wrapping B, my five year old, started for fun and to help me learn new techniques without dealing with the wiggly baby, but has now progressed into about 15 min twice a day as he's having some regression over his new brother (it came 6 months after he was born, but is now in full swing). The NHI is amazing to wrap him as it really holds his weight, but his favorite is the Ellevill Gaia Rainbow. We usually compromise on the Pfau:)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you get the hang of wrapping there really isn't anything else like it. Not that tulas and other carriers aren't comfortable but they don't mold to your body the same way as a well woven piece of fabric does.

Here is my first (and second) wrap job on my back. Forgive the horrible clothing and everything else. I don't leave the house much and don't dress up for home or usually brush my hair until later in the day. I'm a lazy mama! First one was the successful one-second one...not so much. But I had to get a picture and I was careful that he was okay until I snapped how horrible it was lol!

This was my first wrap I got though a coop for 100$ shipped it's a size 6 storch inka and is still as stiff as can be since I never used it. Can't wait for your stash shot!

img_2094_-_copy.jpg

wrapfail.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results