shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Antique Emerald Cut Lovers?

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Pulled up in my FB feed last night. It was an OMG moment when I saw the posting.

August Vintage is accepting orders!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all antique diamonds. Something so special about them. ❤️❤️❤️ Romantic and yummy and stunning when they are beautiful old cuts. I appreciate modern cuts but I’m an old cut girl and old soul all the way.

Are you ordering anything?:kiss2:

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I love all antique diamonds. Something so special about them. ❤❤❤ Romantic and yummy and stunning when they are beautiful old cuts. I appreciate modern cuts but I’m an old cut girl and old soul all the way.

Are you ordering anything?:kiss2:

No.. I'm sending my vet's three children through Harvard at the present.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.. I'm sending my vet's three children through Harvard at the present.

LOL I hear you and yes we have been contributing to our veterinarians kids college funds all summer and fall. LOL and cry cry cry.::) The amount of money we spent on the cats these past 6 months has been staggering. Truly. But of course they are our babies and if money can help them then hip hip hooray!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Pulled up in my FB feed last night. It was an OMG moment when I saw the posting.

August Vintage is accepting orders!

I have wanted a vintage EC since forever. I went to the page on AV and was so dazzled by the cut that I neglected to notice that the prices ( eg. $10,000 for a 2.5 ct) were only deposits, with no idea what the final cost will be. :cry2: Ouch!

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wanted a vintage EC since forever. I went to the page on AV and was so dazzled by the cut that I neglected to notice that the prices ( eg. $10,000 for a 2.5 ct) were only deposits, with no idea what the final cost will be. :cry2: Ouch!
I feel your pain! I guess it allows Jon to adjust his total pricing in line with shifting manufacturing costs (assuming a fixed profit margin) without having to go onto the website and adjust every single listing every time the manufacturing price changes!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I know. I suppose it’s unrealistic to hope that the deposit is actually a large percentage of the final purchase $. Have any PS members actually contacted Jonathan for a finished price ?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@jeaniefish I think you need more of an idea of final cost before you part with 10.5k! I would ping Jonathan an email he’s very responsive.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and how much was that one? I couldn’t see on the website it’s predictably gorgeous though!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Oh and how much was that one? I couldn’t see on the website it’s predictably gorgeous though!

I will be placing an order when Publisher‘s Clearinghouse delivers my big fat winning check!

If the deposit on a 3 ct. is $15,000, I’m guestimating that the final cost will be $30,000 or more. Hurry up with my check, Publisher’s Clearinghouse people!

Bluery

Rough_Rock
I know. I suppose it’s unrealistic to hope that the deposit is actually a large percentage of the final purchase $. Have any PS members actually contacted Jonathan for a finished price ?

My custom cut lab grown 2.52 ct AVR was more than double that deposit, and I got a deal because the specs ended up being better than promised (D, VVS1).

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Wait, I had no idea that the deposit and actually total cost would be that different? Getting a bit stressed out here now.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Wait, I had no idea that the deposit and actually total cost would be that different? Getting a bit stressed out here now.

Will add that I gave Jonathan my budget for the stone and asked what I could get for it, approximately, and it was very close to the price on his site.

Bluery

Rough_Rock
Will add that I gave Jonathan my budget for the stone and asked what I could get for it, approximately, and it was very close to the price on his site.

I believe just the custom cuts have deposits, not positive on this, but I don’t see why already cut and graded stones wouldn’t list full price. Also, Jon wouldn’t bait and switch like that, if you gave him a budget, he will work within it!

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I believe just the custom cuts have deposits, not positive on this, but I don’t see why already cut and graded stones wouldn’t list full price. Also, Jon wouldn’t bait and switch like that, if you gave him a budget, he will work within it!

It's a custom cut aswell. Yes you are probably right as a stated my budget, just got a bit scared that I might have misunderstood.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock

That’s encouraging. I should probably just email Jonathan and find out what I can expect, carat wise, for my budget. I love the moissanite cushion I bought from him and I trust him completely when it comes to a big purchase like this. I’m fairly certain that a 3ct. won‘t be within my budget limits but do want to know how far I will have to “ downsize” to have the cut my heart has always wanted.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,
I just wanted to post an update. I ordered the first Vintage EC from Jonathan and absolutely loved it. I dont know the diamond terminology that so many of you do so I can only say that it had amazing sparkle, the step cut facets were to die for . Combined with the deeper corners, it is just a stunning, stunning antique looking EC. Diamond. Sadly, it was just a bit too small for the simple setting I have in mind. If I didnt already have several halo settings, I would have put this little beauty in a halo and worn it every day. Someone here on PS needs to snatch this up before it’s gone. It has a 2 carat spread for an under 2 carat price! My picture isn’t great but gives you some idea of the finger coverage. 2D373760-05BE-4F88-9F7C-E8181030ACFB.jpeg

LadybugTN

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to update the thread to let you guys know that this gorgeous EC has found a home!

I fell in love with the stone but also asked Jon to bring in a more modern cut stone for comparison. (You can see the video here) Modern v Vintage Emerald Cut

I ultimately decided on the beautiful, Heritage Emerald cut and after Jon laid out the initial bezel halo setting I requested, I reached out to say that I just didn’t feel the setting payed enough respect to those amazing chamfered corners!! Jon got to work on pulling together something that is vintage Inspired, romantic and special with a NSEW prong setting!! Just what this beautiful stone needed

3740494C-85D8-4239-9D52-154DC7BE8C4C.png 3D17369E-783A-4DF1-9100-7DCE8C541325.jpeg 3DEB8FAC-B2DA-4983-B4D0-73C1A34425BD.png
Now it’s like waiting for Christmas morning while it’s completed!

Jon is amazing to work with and really wants to give you the best possible experience! I’m so glad I sent him that initial email to ask for his help!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to update the thread to let you guys know that this gorgeous EC has found a home!

I fell in love with the stone but also asked Jon to bring in a more modern cut stone for comparison. (You can see the video here) Modern v Vintage Emerald Cut

I ultimately decided on the beautiful, Heritage Emerald cut and after Jon laid out the initial bezel halo setting I requested, I reached out to say that I just didn’t feel the setting payed enough respect to those amazing chamfered corners!! Jon got to work on pulling together something that is vintage Inspired, romantic and special with a NSEW prong setting!! Just what this beautiful stone needed

3740494C-85D8-4239-9D52-154DC7BE8C4C.png 3D17369E-783A-4DF1-9100-7DCE8C541325.jpeg 3DEB8FAC-B2DA-4983-B4D0-73C1A34425BD.png
Now it’s like waiting for Christmas morning while it’s completed!

Jon is amazing to work with and really wants to give you the best possible experience! I’m so glad I sent him that initial email to ask for his help!

It's going to be stunning. I can't wait to see it on your finger.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, this should look elegant and classic - I can't wait to see the finished item! :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s stunning! :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super excited to see how this turns out! It's gorgeous!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone.

I wish they'd do asschers in the lab grown and cut them. I would be interested in that. The size I want in an asscher is not practical for mined.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see your finished ring! The stone is just beautiful.

LadybugTN

Rough_Rock
It's going to be stunning. I can't wait to see it on your finger.

I saw on another thread that you were on the fence about lab diamonds. I have had larger mined diamonds In my life (chipped a 2.5 ct Radiant) and I can say that I personally had no issues choosing a lab diamond after some serious vetting - BUT only from a source I trusted. Why not reach out to Jon at Distinctive Gem. He’s been in the business for decades and really knows his stuff. Everything is a depreciating asset....including diamonds. I’ll post pics when I get her home.

LadybugTN

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful stone.

I wish they'd do asschers in the lab grown and cut them. I would be interested in that. The size I want in an asscher is not practical for mined.

Distinctive Gem does lab asschers!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw on another thread that you were on the fence about lab diamonds. I have had larger mined diamonds In my life (chipped a 2.5 ct Radiant) and I can say that I personally had no issues choosing a lab diamond after some serious vetting - BUT only from a source I trusted. Why not reach out to Jon at Distinctive Gem. He’s been in the business for decades and really knows his stuff. Everything is a depreciating asset....including diamonds. I’ll post pics when I get her home.

Thanks so much for sharing that info with me. I'll definitely reach out to him. Looking forward to your pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results