shape
carat
color
clarity

Antiques Roadshow 2-2-2015

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone watch this last night? The diamond and sapphire necklace they showed was gorgeous. The workmanship exquisite. Same for the cabachon diamond and sapphire ring. http://video.pbs.org/video/2365407965/ :love: :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing this. That necklace design is amazingly beautiful.
Now to go back and watch the whole thing!

edit - I would have guessed a higher price on the necklace.
What do you think?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I almost fell off my sofa watching last night. Yike, what a beautiful sapphire in that ring, beautiful setting, and the necklace is dtf totally! The workmanship on the tassel is simply superb, as well as the design. Even Mr. Freak noticed how well it was done, and since gems have no carburetors, he rarely even notices them. I wanted her to put those things on right then & there!

--- Laurie

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yea I seen that last night at first I thought it was a silver tassel and then the camera panned closer and I was OMG that is all diamonds and sapphires...that was stunning!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1422998949|3826816 said:
Thank you for sharing this. That necklace design is amazingly beautiful.
Now to go back and watch the whole thing!

edit - I would have guessed a higher price on the necklace.
What do you think?

I was eating dinner and had to get up to see after about 20 seconds. Didn't she say 10 carats or a little over 10 for the necklace? I thought she low-balled the price also. Neither of my grandmothers had anything like that!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched all the antiques roadshow jewelry archives videos. There's been some amazing pieces over the years.

Thanks for sharing.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They were both stunning.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The tassel even had some movement to it - I just wish they would have shown us the back so we could see how it's all put together!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent post-- thanks for sharing the link.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Both those pieces are STUNNING! I do feel the price on the necklace was a tad low though

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Drool.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thank your sharing. The woman who owned the pieces seemed so surprised by what they were worth. I thought the necklace would have been worth more also.

Laurie, Your remark about your husband was priceless!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that stuff was gorgeous. I always enjoy the jewelry appraisals.
I have mentioned this before, but I will say it again, I volunteered for the Antiques Roadshow when they filmed here in Albuquerque last July. I had such a blast. I worked at the pottery/porcelain table all day, and I got to see tons of lovely things, and I spoke to as many appraisers as I could.
I had several nice conversations with Kevin Zavian, my favorite jewelry appraiser. He is very charming and seriously handsome!
I also had my photo taken with the Keno brothers, which still makes my heart flutter!
(PS_I was wearing my 1880's Wedgwood pin, and my 14 mm. South Sea pearl pendant)

20140719_194658.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results