carat
color
clarity

Antiques for Everyone Bling Pics

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello fellow Pricescopers!
Some of my favourite posts on pricescope are when members attend jewellery fairs. Today I took the last minute decision to travel to Birmingham and attend the Antiques for Everyone summer fair at the NEC (antiquesforeveryone.co.uk) and thought that I would share some of the sparklies I saw!
Full disclosure:
1. Please excuse my unmanicured nails
2. The modern round brilliant eternity ring and diamond tennis bracelet are my own. All other pieces of jewellery belong to the vendors at the show
3. All pictures were taken on an iPhone 5 so it was hard to capture the true beauty of some of the stones.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Firstly there was this unusual diamond and opal ring. I'm always on the look out for interesting opal jewellery as this is my birthstone and I can say I've never seen anything like this before! Hopefully the picture is not too blurry and you can make out the bezel set diamond on the top of the opal! The old European cut diamonds are set in platinum over yellow gold. This hand made ring dates back to approx 1910 and the diamonds are thought to have to come from a much earlier diamond tiara.

_4953.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next up there is an antique blue zircon bypass ring, set in rose gold. The facet pattern on the stones is similar to that of an OEC.

_4954.jpeg

_4955.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This here is a fabulous aquamarine ring set is white gold. The stone had not been taken out of its setting and the vendor approximated its weight as anywhere between 30-35 carats!!!!!

_4956.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This diamond necklace was holding one of the most beautiful old cuts I've ever seen in person. The larger of the 2 stones was 2.37 carats (j colour vs clarity) with a diameter of just over 8mm! That was some serious spread, it still sparkled even though it must be shallow for its stated weight ??and really had a of presence on the décolletage.

_4957.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next was some diamond ear pendants. Loved the little marquis ones best.

_4958.jpeg

_4959.jpeg

_4960.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And then this amazing 3.7+ E, yes E colour SI clarity diamond ring. I can honestly say I've never tried on such a high colour old cut before! It was truly a very special stone!

_4961.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My MRB eternity found a friend in this pear shaped diamond eternity ring!

_4962.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my bracelet got jealous and wanted to join in too

_4963.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This emerald cabochon and diamond ring blew my socks off! Small and perfectly formed. The millgrain was soooo very tiny, the emeralds and diamonds were set with such precision you couldn't see any gaps between the stones.

_4964.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last but by no means least was a stunning Burmese ruby (5 carats) and diamond (5 carats) bangle of rhodium plated 18k yellow gold. There was also a matching ring of approximately 1 carat total of diamonds and Indian rubies (to the naked eye, the colour of the rubies in the ring were markedly different from those in the bracelet). Eagle eyed Pricescopers will notice that there is a tutti fruitti style broach of white gold with engraved rubies and sapphires lurking in the background. Unfortunately it was not Cartier

_4965.jpeg

_4966.jpeg

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
What fun, RR. Thanks for posting.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Thanks for posting.

This one is my favorite.

screen_shot_2016-07-24_at_4.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh loving the emerald cab ring! And all of the old cut diamonds. What fun!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures, I can't say I like one over the other as all the stones are gorgeous.. Thank you so much for posting this!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fun! So, did you buy anything??? Thanks for sharing...never gets old oggling bling!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!! Such wonderful eye candy! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing your experience. :wavey: I love looking at all of these gorgeous pieces! :love: :love: :love:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Kenny :wavey:
I keep telling myself that I'm 'not a ring person' but this one along with the emerald cab are starting to make me change my mind!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing all this gorgeous bling with us! :love:

My favorites are the marquise drop earrings. OMG gorgeous. :love:

marquisedropanatiqueearrings.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1469404313|4058950 said:
What fun! So, did you buy anything??? Thanks for sharing...never gets old oggling bling!
Hi Tyty333,
If I hadn't just bought my tennis bracelet I would have got something. I had never been to this show before, nor had I heard of it. I really just took a chance, and was amazed at what was on offer, especially since it was the last day and most of the vendors were starting to pack up to go home when I got there. They had all sorts of antiques on show, mainly art and furniture. I think I'll be saving some pennies so I can make a purchase next time the show comes around!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy|1469446174|4059040 said:

Me too Missy!! They are gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to take the photos and share them with us Rosie! What a great way to start a Monday!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1469456476|4059070 said:
tyty333|1469404313|4058950 said:
Hi Tyty333,
If I hadn't just bought my tennis bracelet I would have got something. I had never been to this show before, nor had I heard of it. I really just took a chance, and was amazed at what was on offer, especially since it was the last day and most of the vendors were starting to pack up to go home when I got there. They had all sorts of antiques on show, mainly art and furniture. I think I'll be saving some pennies so I can make a purchase next time the show comes around!

Great idea...start saving up now! Really pretty stuff!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! Yum! Yum!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RosieR|1469396605|4058902 said:
Next was some diamond ear pendants. Loved the little marquis ones best.

OMG the marquis earrings. *SWOON*

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun!!! LOVE the marquise drop earrings too.....I would TOTALLY wear those, LOL!!

You'll have to post what you get next year! :naughty:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful jewellery!! I wish I had known about this fair, as my school broke for summer last Thursday & I've been pottering around all day with nothing to do! (My own children don't break up until tomorrow).

I'm In Cheshire, so I could have been with you in just over an hour! Argghhh! Maybe next year?! :wavey:

Love the huge OEC ring with side baguettes. The ring of my dreams! :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic to see a big event like that in the UK but I also didn't know it was on (although I'm a lot further away :(( ).

Love, love, love that zircon bypass ring.........

What was the pricing like? It often seems to me that things are a lot more expensive over here.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1469458491|4059078 said:
missy|1469446174|4059040 said:

Me too Missy!! They are gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to take the photos and share them with us Rosie! What a great way to start a Monday!

It's my pleasure! Nice to share a fun afternoon

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1469479481|4059197 said:
Beautiful jewellery!! I wish I had known about this fair, as my school broke for summer last Thursday & I've been pottering around all day with nothing to do! (My own children don't break up until tomorrow).

I'm In Cheshire, so I could have been with you in just over an hour! Argghhh! Maybe next year?! :wavey:

Love the huge OEC ring with side baguettes. The ring of my dreams! :love:

Hi AlexT,
You'll be glad to hear that this fair is run 3 times a year and the next one will be in December (1st-4th) http://www.antiquesforeveryone.co.uk.. It's pretty easy to get to the NEC and the ticket was £15.00.
I know I'm definitely going again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results