shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique zircon ring question

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I just try it again, this time with a better picture. The main stone is supposedly a zircon - not sure what cut. The sides are french cut diamonds. Would anyone be able to say what period? I‘m a bit scared to wear it and break the zircon :(. Thank you for any input! 4D0C1E77-CFB2-419A-94F0-8609A4B73D07.jpeg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Sideview... 890B77C5-8876-43A8-92AE-D22637419AEB.jpeg and the metal is platinum.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obligatory not an expert, but from your picture
It doesn’t look like zircon, nor like French cut on the side stones. Them not being French cut is no big deal - but I’d think we see at least some tell tale zircon doubling in the facets?
And, again, from what I see in the picture the side stones look like they are barely held in. I see a prong on one of the four corners. I’d be more worried about that then your concern about breaking the zircon.

I’d guess more towards retro jewelry period, but late Art Deco as well.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Obligatory not an expert, but from your picture
It doesn’t look like zircon, nor like French cut on the side stones. Them not being French cut is no big deal - but I’d think we see at least some tell tale zircon doubling in the facets?
And, again, from what I see in the picture the side stones look like they are barely held in. I see a prong on one of the four corners. I’d be more worried about that then your concern about breaking the zircon.

I’d guess more towards retro jewelry period, but late Art Deco as well.

Thank you! I agree that the side stones look unstable. In fact, they are not. They are also diamonds. This was verified. What cut could they be? What, if not zircon could the center stone be? Interesting! Any ideas? The setting is platinum, so I assume it‘s not glass? It‘s at the jeweller at the moment for resizing - I wonder if he‘ll come back with any ideas.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone can take out an original stone to a plat mounting and put subs in. Nefarious or not.
Diamonds I would consider old mine cushions.
Can hazard a guess to the center as being any type of simulant /synthetic, to topaz or aqua?
Is your jeweler only resizing or are they rehabbing the prongs as well?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone can take out an original stone to a plat mounting and put subs in. Nefarious or not.
Diamonds I would consider old mine cushions.
Can hazard a guess to the center as being any type of simulant /synthetic, to topaz or aqua?
Is your jeweler only resizing or are they rehabbing the prongs as well?

The stone is def. not an aqua. So much I can tell. It does have the typical blue and when in sunlight almost greenish look of a zircon. That's why I thought it was one. I don't know much about topaz, but will check. The stone does have an inclusion. So I still think, no glass. Not best quality whatsoever. The jeweler always checks the setting as well. So that's good! Thank you!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am assuming a lot from just a picture.
Be sure to come back and let us know! :)

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
GAH! This is just beautiful and exactly my cup of tea! If you decide its not for you I call dibs! I would say that it is an original art deco piece. I LOVE the side diamonds with the large open cutlet and the miligraining. Looks to be a large center - what are the dimensions? My best guess would be topaz. Congratulations on your new treasure!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
No, it will take around a week. But I‘ll make sure to report back as soon as possible (also with dimensions - the center is rather big) and also call and ask about the center. :)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
As for dimensions, here a pic where it‘s on my finger (size 6.5ish). 13EDBEC6-FAC3-4906-9051-0A8A52ED6D07.jpeg

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Mystery solved! I got it back today resized and they had it checked by a gemologist. It’s a natural blue zircon. 5A999B44-B01B-4B28-9FF3-F02147B326F0.jpeg

Thanks for letting us know the outcome and congratulations on your new treasure - she is a beauty!

SND65

Rough_Rock
Trade
Lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results