shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique/Vintage Game - Here’s money to find…

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I already linked that one also. Though it’s 8 3/4. I’m hoping that first one works really well because that is pretty spot on.

oops my bad! Hope the first one works for @Cerulean too ::)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean If plain love this one. Decent weight, comfort fit, inscription:

Now that I’ve tried in bands, I need 3mm! 3.5 is too thick to be comfortable

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Now that I’ve tried in bands, I need 3mm! 3.5 is too thick to be comfortable

I have seen some, I think. I will look. I was looking for a friend that has a size 9 finger and ran across some. I'll go back this weekend and post.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I know you said plain, but this is lovely. I think it would look great with your new ring as well.

Another with a pattern, just because it's a great find and would be pretty with your ring.

Popping this here for anyone looking for this size as well:

Size discrepancy in listing, but pretty if you are open to chasing/engraving:

A smidge wider than you wanted, but she does returns:

vintage, not antique, from the 60's:

This says it's a 9, but it may be off by interior dimensions. A lot of sellers seem to list two sizes for these bands, which is weird. You could ask or maybe have a little sizing bead added inside if you like it.

smidge over budget:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I know you said plain, but this is lovely. I think it would look great with your new ring as well.

Another with a pattern, just because it's a great find and would be pretty with your ring.

Popping this here for anyone looking for this size as well:

Size discrepancy in listing, but pretty if you are open to chasing/engraving:

A smidge wider than you wanted, but she does returns:

vintage, not antique, from the 60's:

This says it's a 9, but it may be off by interior dimensions. A lot of sellers seem to list two sizes for these bands, which is weird. You could ask or maybe have a little sizing bead added inside if you like it.

Omg these are AMAZING finds! Thank you!!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

two more plain ones @Cerulean

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

two more plain ones @Cerulean

You’re a legend!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So I already posted this one in WTB, but @Lookinagain suggested posting it here also. I realize I already did it earlier in the thread but I wasn’t very specific. I’m in the market for a Gypsy/flush set three stone. Best example is one that MaryM was selling a while back based on someone else’s WTB:

Size 5 to 5.5 or even 63/4 to 7 (to wear on index or middle). Old cut stones. Something solid and not lightweight. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every freaking possibility on eBay and Etsy but maybe I haven’t ha ha or if there are other sites that you guys know of. Budget 1500-2200

dmack

Shiny_Rock
So I already posted this one in WTB, but @Lookinagain suggested posting it here also. I realize I already did it earlier in the thread but I wasn’t very specific. I’m in the market for a Gypsy/flush set three stone. Best example is one that MaryM was selling a while back based on someone else’s WTB:

Size 5 to 5.5 or even 63/4 to 7 (to wear on index or middle). Old cut stones. Something solid and not lightweight. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every freaking possibility on eBay and Etsy but maybe I haven’t ha ha or if there are other sites that you guys know of. Budget 1500-2200

Diamonds only or are you open to other stones?

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Sigh...I know it is above budget by almost 4k, and is a size 6 but she does offer an 8 month layaway plan. Hmmm. If you put down the 2200, you'd pay about 472 per month. Just wanted you to at least see this.

I promise not to post anymore above or outside of your parameters, but this seemed so much like the one from Marymm that I had to put it here.:oops:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sigh...I know it is above budget by almost 4k, and is a size 6 but she does offer an 8 month layaway plan. Hmmm. If you put down the 2200, you'd pay about 472 per month. Just wanted you to at least see this.

I promise not to post anymore above or outside of your parameters, but this seemed so much like the one from Marymm that I had to put it here.:oops:

Thanks! But yes so far higher than I want to pay lol. I’m hoping memorystation on IG comes out with one soon. Their pre list prices are super affordable so holding out for that or another that pops up!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! But yes so far higher than I want to pay lol. I’m hoping memorystation on IG comes out with one soon. Their pre list prices are super affordable so holding out for that or another that pops up!

I’ve found so many that are close but there’s always something. Like this one - almost perfect but those weird fissures or lines bug me. They look like cracks rather than an intentional design lol. Wonder if they could be buffed out.
ED3C2252-3B2D-42A3-A074-388731E363DF.png

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve found so many that are close but there’s always something. Like this one - almost perfect but those weird fissures or lines bug me. They look like cracks rather than an intentional design lol. Wonder if they could be buffed out.
ED3C2252-3B2D-42A3-A074-388731E363DF.png

Agreed! I saw other rings like this, that had very nice stones, but then the ring itself looked unstable! The only thing I can think of with this one is that it may have had carving/relief that has worn down over the years and by the looks of it, even if buffed out, it would make the ring not-so-substantial like you want. I still will keep my eyes peeled for you tho!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have one that I’ve been struggling with for a while. I am looking for a pendant in a white metal (wg, platinum) to go with an 18k wg seed pearl chain. Open to crescent moon, starburst, etc. I have a yellow gold pendant that I wear on a yg chain, but it just doesn’t look right with the seed pearl chain. Budget under $500. Photos of pearl chain and yellow gold pendant to give you an idea of what I’m looking for. 9D55F20B-44B4-4789-B53C-EA364BAE7CCF.jpeg 9DC38C81-548F-4EFE-B087-9159F4CB4FD5.jpeg

Last edited:

chaitea

Rough_Rock
Last edited:

chaitea

Rough_Rock
And if you prefer a bigger diamond but a lighter sapphire for $2500 https://www.hofer-antikschmuck.de/s...ng-mit-diamanten-saphir-wien-um-1900/a-619293
619293-hofer-antikschmuck-Wunderbarer-Toi-et-Moi-Ring-mit-Diamanten-und-Saphir--Wien-um-1900-Pas-de-Deux_1.jpg

chaitea

Rough_Rock
I have one that I’ve been struggling with for a while. I am looking for a pendant in a white metal (wg, platinum) to go with an 18k wg seed pearl chain. Open to crescent moon, starburst, etc. I have a yellow gold pendant that I wear on a yg chain, but it just doesn’t look right with the seed pearl chain. Budget under $500. Photos of pearl chain and yellow gold pendant to give you an idea of what I’m looking for. 9D55F20B-44B4-4789-B53C-EA364BAE7CCF.jpeg 9DC38C81-548F-4EFE-B087-9159F4CB4FD5.jpeg

Your starburst pendant in yellow gold is lovely! That's a great idea to do a celestial related one in white metal for your other chain. Does it have to be vintage or antique? Seed pearls and a lower-carat white gold in a crescent moon is probably something a jeweller could do for roughly $600. The style is coming back anyway. I ask because a white metal that is not silver combined with a Victorian style is going to probably be quite hard.

Last edited:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your starburst pendant in yellow gold is lovely! That's a great idea to do a celestial related one in white metal for your other chain. Does it have to be vintage or antique? Seed pearls and a lower-carat white gold in a crescent moon is probably something a jeweller could do for roughly $600. The style is coming back anyway. I ask because a white metal that is not silver combined with a Victorian style is going to probably be quite hard.

I’m open to any white metal and no, it doesn’t have to be vintage/antique. I’ll reach out to DK for a quote…you’re right, it maybe close to within budget!

chaitea

Rough_Rock
I’m open to any white metal and no, it doesn’t have to be vintage/antique. I’ll reach out to DK for a quote…you’re right, it maybe close to within budget!

Fingers crossed and if you design one with your jeweller, please share photos!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
The game continues !

I'm giving you around $2000 (USD) to find a moonstone pendant in gold or platinum (can be yellow or white metal). Preference for something that isn't too big.

Needs to be able to ship to Australia.

Would love to see what you can find - thanks ❤️

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The game continues !

I'm giving you around $2000 (USD) to find a moonstone pendant in gold or platinum (can be yellow or white metal). Preference for something that isn't too big.

Needs to be able to ship to Australia.

Would love to see what you can find - thanks ❤️
It’s rose gold so not sure if that is an option for you and would need to check if vendor will ship to AUS. What color are you looking for in the moonstone?

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @kgizo - for me the most important thing is the blue glow from the stone! Looking for one that has this type of style - but just one stone in the pendant (not two - as often this impacts how the stone sits) - hard to find one realiy good quality moonstone by itself IMG_20230306_073955.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @kgizo - for me the most important thing is the blue glow from the stone! Looking for one that has this type of style - but just one stone in the pendant (not two - as often this impacts how the stone sits) - hard to find one realiy good quality moonstone by itself IMG_20230306_073955.jpg

The blue sheen ones are beautiful. May want to post in the CS forum as well.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread bc I was really bummed to miss out on this item (outbid last second just pennies over what I bid). If anyone sees something similar in the $450 range lmk. It's a vintage curb bracelet; hollow as it was just 9g but still soooo pretty; I particularly like that clasp and the texture of the links.

IMG_7456 (2).jpg

Crystallized Carbon

Rough_Rock
Bumping this thread bc I was really bummed to miss out on this item (outbid last second just pennies over what I bid). If anyone sees something similar in the $450 range lmk. It's a vintage curb bracelet; hollow as it was just 9g but still soooo pretty; I particularly like that clasp and the texture of the links.

IMG_7456 (2).jpg

I found a few, but most are at least twice your desired price. Oof! These two are also above $450, but the closest I could find. Maybe you can contact the sellers and negotiate?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results