shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Tiffany Ring Question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lotus007

Rough_Rock
I just recently got into antique diamonds and found this ring at a local antique shop this weekend and was told it''s circa 1940s Tiffany. It may be an original "Tiffany Flower" ring, as the setting is extremely similar to the current Tiffany Flower. http://www.myweddingdayonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tiffany-flower.bmp

It''s 950 platinum and inscribed Tiffany & CO.

I''ll bring it to an appraiser soon enough, but am far more interested in the history...what it is and when it was really created.

If you''ve ever seen this ring before or know anything about it, I''d be more than ecstatic to hear!

lotus00700.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Can you give us more shots of the rings band or hallmarks.For me,this picture is not of a vintage(40s would be vintage tiffany and not antique tiffany)ring but one popular in the 1970s and 1980s.The flower or cluster ring was huge in the 70s to late 80s in yellow gold and popular in plat in the mid 90s.The prong work looks to be from this period(70-80s).Cluster diamond earrings have been popular in the last 5 years or so.JL

lotus007

Rough_Rock
Ha! I''m glad I''m looking into this then.

Attached are some photos of the band/markings. Let me know what you think!

Cheers.

Lotus007_2.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock
#3...

Lotus007_3.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock
#4....

Lotus007_4.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock
#5...Last one

Lotus007_5.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Design and construction style is AFTER the 1940s... still staying with the late 70s to the 80s...and even the 90s.A classic look and worth collecting!

lotus007

Rough_Rock
Very interesting. Thank you so much for your insight! Looks like I won''t be trusting that "antique" store again.

Cheers.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post more pics of the center stone from different angles? Did they tell you anything about the age of the stone?

It really is a lovely, lovely ring. Congrats on a great find, even if it''s not exactly what you thought you were getting.

lotus007

Rough_Rock
Sure! I''d love to hear your thoughts before I send it off to the Tiff&Co. I''m at work right now but will post something later tonight. Stand by.

lotus007

Rough_Rock
This is as close as I could get with my digital camera.

Lotus007_06.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock

Lotus007_7.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock

Lotus007_8.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock

Lotus007_9.jpg

lotus007

Rough_Rock
last one!

P.S. That''s a man''s hand....not mine!

Lotus007_10.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lotus - Thanks for posting more pics! Your ring is so pretty! So, I was wondering if perhaps the center stone was an older cut stone, which would have explained why the antique dealer may have misjudged the age of the ring. Based on your first photo, I thought it might have been an OEC or transitional cut; however, it does look like a modern round brilliant in the later photos you posted, so that doesn't help explain what the antique dealer was thinking. I would tend to think they were misinformed, rather than intentionally deceptive. In the end, you do have a very lovely ring. I love the use of the marquise cuts to enhance the flower image. I've seen a lot of older versions of this style of ring (just on-line), but with all round stones.

By the way, you have a great user name. Assuming you are a lotus fan, you should do a search on here for "Lotus". There is a very popular setting called the Lotus made by a favorite Etsy seller, Heart of Water Jewels. Here's one, actually: Lotus ring. Just a little PSA for you in case you're interested!
5.gif

lotus007

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the marquise cuts are my favorite touch. It''s so delicate and lovely...happy to share it with folks who can appreciate.

I love aesthetically floral pieces, especially vintage and art deco (hence the "lotus" name). I haven''t found much lotus jewelery out there, so thanks for for the Etsy seller info, what great pieces!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results