shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique-style watch bands/bracelets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought this watch on the ''bay ($140 good/bad price? It''s just what I was looking for and I didn''t want it to slip away... but there''s a 7-day return policy, so...?) and I think I want to replace the bracelet/band part. Is there a good place to look for such things?

museyantiquewatch.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to re-create/mimic this look:

museywatchinspiration.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely and I really like your inspiration idea. As for price or where to replace the band I have NO idea! Just wanted to say how pretty I thought it was.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Musey
Cute Watch! Congrats!
I got two antique watches on ebay one with a band just like yours---I I have also been looking to replace that one,,but I haven't found one yet-- But ocationally ebay has antique bands that pop up. Last year i saw a diamond antique band go for $120.00 I was kicking myself bec i forgot to bid.
sometimes people sell watch parts... and they have the bands in the mix
1.gif

Or someone might be be selli ng a broken watch--but the band is still good and has diamonds!
Good Luck!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 8:35:37 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think it looks lovely and I really like your inspiration idea. As for price or where to replace the band I have NO idea! Just wanted to say how pretty I thought it was.
Thanks Tacori!! I''m really excited about it, it''s my first piece of antique jewelry, and I''ve been wanting an antique diamond watch for quite awhile now. I''m really excited to re-create the inspiration pic for our wedding!
1.gif

Blinky, I will watch ebay. The wedding is in a little over a month so hopefully something will pop up before then... if not, I can make do with the current band!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi Musey!

I really love the look of a pearl bracelet layered with an antique watch. I actually wear that combo quite a bit.

I bought an antique watch on ebay. I also lucked out and found a perfectly matching antique watchband. Here are some photos.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/jewelry-pieces/refurbished-antique-watch-got-the-new-band-t81825.html

I'd keep looking on ebay--if you have the time.
You could also call http://www.wannabuyawatch.com

They might be able to point you in a direction if ebay doesn't pan out.

Good Luck!

I just love antique watches and yours is a beauty!
1.gif

eta: found this too. http://www.antiquevintagewatches.com/diamond-watches.html

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, coati! I''ve been watching ebay and haven''t seen anything yet. Hmph. I''m taking it in for restoration (it''s dirty inside the crystal and not running) this week so I''ll ask the watch guy, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results