shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique setting, Modern stone

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought an antique setting, and finally set a stone into it. It''s a mint tourmaline :)

It''s an 18k white gold setting with small side diamonds. No clue as to time period though.

Here are some pics of it along with a garnet ring I got set at the same time.

IMG0431.jpg

IMG0429.jpg

IMG0463.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random aside, but I''m considering a OMC purchase... Will definitely be back for advice if I proceed!

mtgmaybes.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love the two rings you already set! They are so precious! Great taste on the color stones too! I like the buttercup OMC a lot, I hope you get it!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
MTG, Love the prongs on the tourmaline! So pretty, and the color of the garnet with the yellow? or is that rose gold? is lovely, Great purchases!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 2:40:04 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I love the two rings you already set! They are so precious! Great taste on the color stones too! I like the buttercup OMC a lot, I hope you get it!

Thanks! I''m hoping that the OMC will be delivered today!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it came! ...and it''s probably going right back.

I knew it was included when I got it, but the vendor''s photo was so fuzzy I couldn''t really tell how included. But she very strongly pointed out that the inclusion was 100% eye visible, and she wasn''t wrong!
I got it anyways since I''m on those weird people who don''t mind inclusions (I own mostly colored gems and some of the varieties of those RARELY come eye clean so I''ve gotten used to it), and the stone was very inexpensive. But seeing it in person, between the size and location, I don''t think it''s staying.

That being said, it is amazingly white. It was graded an E by her jeweler, but it might even be a D. And the cut is truly lovely even if it''s really more of an OEC/tranny than a OMC.

I might still keep it if she''ll settle for a lower price, but if I were her, I''d probably just reset it myself into a pendant that can hide the flaw since I don''t expect she''ll get many buyers willing to pay more than 300$ for it, but I could be wrong.

Here are some pics.

mtgoec1.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone, but what a strange setting for earring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results