shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Rings in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

africact

Rough_Rock
My g.f loves antique/art deco rings and I have been looking for some good antique jewellers in NYC to go and check out some of their rings. I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a few places.

Thanks

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Go to antiqueengagementrings.com They are located in NYC and the address is on their web site. They have beautiful pieces on their web site and even more in their store.
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The diamond district--47th street between 5th and 6th avenues--has a lot of shops and booths that sell antiques. There are a couple of nice antique jewelry stores on University Place a block or two above 8th Street (west side of the street). There's some on the Upper East Side along Madison and Lex (sorry I can't be more specific). The Clay Pot in Park Slope, Brooklyn, on 7th Avenue, has lots of antique styles and might have actual antiques.

Good luck--let us know if you find good places.

DustieRenee

Rough_Rock
go to www.richardlandi.com, view their selection and if that is the style you are interested in, contact them for a local jeweler.
I love their style.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I was surprised to find that my local jeweler has a many antique rings he keeps - he took out the center diamond to make newer pieces, but kept the settings with the side diamonds. When I brought in my gem (emerald) to ask about a setting for it he brought out the catelog, but I didn't like any and told him I really liked the antique look. Then he brought out all these rings from the 40's and I picked one! (He has to change the prong shank).
I'm in upstate NY.
47th st. in manhattan - you'll find a lot there, but don't expect them to be cheap. Try online too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results