shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Antique Platinum Octagonal Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s hard to find the right words to describe this setting. It is a true rarity. Antique. Hand forged and fabricated. Platinum. One of a kind.

The delicacy of the setting is unparalleled. The bezel is whisper thin, perhaps 0.5mm. The shank is about 2mm wide and just 1.1mm thick. Yet because of the fabrication methods that were used, the ring is sturdy. Truly, they simply don’t make rings like this anymore. I received compliments daily when I was wearing it.

The setting is in exceptional condition for a 100 year old antique. I mean, look at that engraving? There is one small area of the basket that has been very slightly indented (see the last picture, which is angled to show the indent at its absolute worst). It was like that when I bought it. The indent is barely noticeable under normal viewing conditions and did not bother me at all. She is a very old lady, after all :oops2:

Can fit a round gemstone between 7.8 and 8.00mm. With some additional work to adjust the seat, it could fit a slightly smaller stone (but no smaller than 7.5mm).

Currently a size 7.5 and can be resized safely between a 5.5 and 10.

I am asking $1875 (USD) plus shipping (FedEx two-day service). I will consider all reasonable offers (Truly! Don’t be afraid to ask, pricing is tricky for something so rare).

Diamond not included -- do I even need to say it? lol

As I am a private seller, this sale is final. Contact me for payment options. I have bought and sold a number of items on PS Pre-Loved Jewels, LoupTroop, and DiamondBistro. References available upon request.

Contact information here:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/antique-platinum-octagonal-setting

greorge1_010.jpg georgeband7_003.jpg greorge1_016.jpg georgeband6_008.jpg greorge1_019.jpg greorge1_014.jpg greorge1_015.jpg greorge1_013.jpg greorge1_037.jpg

And one image showing the indented area:

DSC00717.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting is currently with Causie at CVB, who took these beautiful photos just days ago. After you have purchased the setting from me, Caysie can assist you in setting your gem or sourcing and setting a new gem if you like.

Image-197.jpg Image-194.jpg Image-195.jpg Image-196.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bish would have been mine but, alas, my baby is too skinny for that setting.

misslili

Rough_Rock
Omg - this is stunning! What size stone is it shown with?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg - this is stunning! What size stone is it shown with?

My diamond is 8mm and 1.89ct. I am resetting it into a three stone, which is why I am selling this mount! :cool2:

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
75573997-1458-4347-BD40-BB9FF839FB1A.jpeg

Hello!

Great to see you here! How high does it sit from the finger? I have something which is loose that might work but I do like rings to sit low. I also have small hands - a size 4. Would this be a no no for me?

Attachments

• F5B4FCA6-6175-476F-AD45-7E57065E0C1D.png
    F5B4FCA6-6175-476F-AD45-7E57065E0C1D.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 18

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi @Gem_rocks! I will look into this and get back to you!

@Sandeek you were asking when I would list my setting... here it is!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
75573997-1458-4347-BD40-BB9FF839FB1A.jpeg

Hello!

Great to see you here! How high does it sit from the finger? I have something which is loose that might work but I do like rings to sit low. I also have small hands - a size 4. Would this be a no no for me?

Hello again @Gem_rocks!

Well, I have some very good news for you. My diamond measures 7.88mm x 8.05mm x 4.46, so your diamond will fit the mounting without any issues! In addition, I have been told that a very skilled bench who specializes in restoration of antique settings can safely resize your ring to a size 4 (Caysie can help with this if you like). You will need such a bench person anyway to reconstruct the prongs and milgrain. Finally, the setting is about 7mm in height. I would call that medium-low. I also prefer low profile rings and I found this very comfortable to wear.

As an aside, your diamond is lovely and the cut looks very similar to mine! I think your stone would be perfect for this setting!

Please contact me via the email listed in my LoupeTroop link, below, if you would like to talk about things in more detail =)2

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
Hello again @Gem_rocks!

Well, I have some very good news for you. My diamond measures 7.88mm x 8.05mm x 4.46, so your diamond will fit the mounting without any issues! In addition, I have been told that a very skilled bench who specializes in restoration of antique settings can safely resize your ring to a size 4 (Caysie can help with this if you like). You will need such a bench person anyway to reconstruct the prongs and milgrain. Finally, the setting is about 7mm in height. I would call that medium-low. I also prefer low profile rings and I found this very comfortable to wear.

As an aside, your diamond is lovely and the cut looks very similar to mine! I think your stone would be perfect for this setting!

Please contact me via the email listed in my LoupeTroop link, below, if you would like to talk about things in more detail =)2

Just saw this reply - I must have lost it somehow!! Thank you. I shall get a ruler out and think about 7mm!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your George has been one of my dream rings on PS since I joined. I have sooo many photos saved to my favorites folder.. can't wait to see what you have planned next!!! Good luck with the sale!! :kiss2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I am reducing the price of my setting to $1625 OBO!

Also, I have found out that the ring can be resized between a 4 and a 10. The lower range is possible provided the work is done by a very skilled bench with experience restoring antiques.

It can also fit diamonds between 7.5mm and 8.1mm. Again, the lowest range will require a very skilled bench.

Get in touch if you have any question or you would like to make an offer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results