shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique pear and CvB setting

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I am knew here.
TLDR I missed out on a ring twice so now I'm looking for one just like it.

A couple years ago I missed out on an old cut pear set in a CvB ring, I think the setting is called Norah? The listing was on ebay. I'm pretty active on instagram in the jewelry community and recently one of my jewelry friends posted her new (to her) old cut pear ring and it looked identical to the one I missed out on. She and I were chatting last night and it hadn't even crossed my mind that it might be the same ring I had missed out on. She said the person she bought it from had bought it on ebay. I found the old photos of the one I missed out on and remembered some details about it. Turns out it is the exact same ring! Such a small world.
Anyway, I am still lusting after the ring. While I do have first dibs *if* she ever decides to sell it, I want to keep looking for an identical one.
Please let me know if anyone finds a CvB pear setting. I'm also looking for an old cut pear. I like chubbier ones.
Thank you so much!
P.S. I will add photos later. I don't have them on my new laptop yet.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Just bumping this up because I can't get this ring out of my mind. Thinking about it 24/7. I'd like to try to find one like it or find an antique cut pear.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know what your budget is for the diamond but Alex posted this tonight

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
I don’t know what your budget is for the diamond but Alex posted this tonight

Oooo that is super tempting. It is a tad bit smaller than I planned, but other than that I love it. I was hoping for at least 1.3 ct

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just bumping this up because I can't get this ring out of my mind. Thinking about it 24/7. I'd like to try to find one like it or find an antique cut pear.

I think your best bet is to find a stone and have Caysie replicate the setting she did before. The outline of pears varies hugely even for the same weight range, it’s not like fitting a new MRB into a preloved setting that held one where the size/outline is likely to be very close. Or you could approach Caysie about finding the stone for you too to make life easy?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think your best bet is to find a stone and have Caysie replicate the setting she did before. The outline of pears varies hugely even for the same weight range, it’s not like fitting a new MRB into a preloved setting that held one where the size/outline is likely to be very close. Or you could approach Caysie about finding the stone for you too to make life easy?

Plus one. Don't get a setting first. That makes no sense really.

Also, look at the dimensions of the stones you are looking at. Each one is going to be quite different. I wouldn't write certain stones off just because of the stated carat weight.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Excellent point. I'm hesitant on even having one made. I think I'm just having a hard time because this was the ring that got me interested in antique jewelry and old cut diamonds to begin with. It is literally on my mind every day. I worry that I won't like it as much as "the one". I hope that makes sense.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Just saw this...
50714040-0CD6-437A-A4DF-59492ABBA343.jpeg

Thank you, I did message him and asked him to let me know if it becomes available again. I saw in about 4 hours after it was posted.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
You might be able to buy this old cut pear from DBL. Already set this custom ring, but they have had it for quite a while, so they might sell you the stone alone. Love this type of faceting on an old cut pear and Yoram cut this stone, so it is not an antique. faces up huge! 8x10! Chubby pear!

What is your budget?

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Found something amazing...

A3615253-2F1F-40D1-A677-D96DF87FF602.png
F8FA9F6A-A85B-4F31-91E1-4ABF395C97F4.png

It is beautiful! I just saw this last night and it is a very pretty pear diamond, but it is out of my price range. My budget is about $5000. If I go higher I would have to make payments or just save up longer.
Thank you for showing it to me!

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
I have reached out to CVB Inspired Designs to discuss having her find an old cut pear diamond and make a Norah setting for it. I think this may be the best route. :)

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Caysie is working with me to find an old cut pear and then make a Norah setting for it. I was wondering what people think of this pear? I was hoping for 1.33 ct or larger and I usually don't like the "butt" to be a bit flat. Does the bottom look curved enough?

Alex Weber - in NC, USA on Instagram: “(On Hold) 1.18 carat antique cut pear diamond. This is a super spready modern cut pear designed in the antique cutting style and has the…”

Cons: I’m not loving how the middle is all about those antique, big open facets but the tip looks like crushed ice. A pear can concentrate color in the tip, and I think I see that In the ice effect.

Pros: It’s sparkles really well and the culet porpotion is spot on, dead centered and lovely. The spread is great, so finger coverage will be fabulous.

The con for me is the crushed ice tip, but you may LOVE that. It’s purely a personal choice on that front.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Cons: I’m not loving how the middle is all about those antique, big open facets but the tip looks like crushed ice. A pear can concentrate color in the tip, and I think I see that In the ice effect.

Pros: It’s sparkles really well and the culet porpotion is spot on, dead centered and lovely. The spread is great, so finger coverage will be fabulous.

The con for me is the crushed ice tip, but you may LOVE that. It’s purely a personal choice on that front.

I see what you are saying. The 2 things that kept me from saying yes right away are the ct weight (1.18 when I was hoping for 1.33 and up) as well as the flatish butt lol. She has some wide hips, but a bit of a flat butt rather than a nice curve. I'm trying to imagine how she will look set. I'll look at the tip some more to see if it bothers me at all.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you are saying. The 2 things that kept me from saying yes right away are the ct weight (1.18 when I was hoping for 1.33 and up) as well as the flatish butt lol. She has some wide hips, but a bit of a flat butt rather than a nice curve. I'm trying to imagine how she will look set. I'll look at the tip some more to see if it bothers me at all.

You’re right, her bottom is a bit square versus a nice pert, round bottom but certain settings look amazing with that squarish bottom. This recent one by David Klass is amazing. Love the double claw.

0CB6EDD8-4810-4529-B3BD-5032F9EF02BE.jpeg

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
I've been looking at this diamond more and it just doesn't have that antique look. It still looks modern to me other than the big cullet. I think I want a true antique.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
The other diamond she sent me to consider is this one.....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How rustic are you willing to go?

F876CEB3-4688-4078-A8F5-D28E00BC612A.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock

This is a great idea! I have antique pear that while loose, was egg like. If you put it in a setting that has shape, you can make this look like whatever you want.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock

I love the chunky facets of it, but for the particular ring I am getting I think it wouldn't be the right setting for this diamond. I'm pretty sure I have decided which pear I am going with. We shall see soon! I am still keeping my eyes peeled thoug.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
I woke up extremely early today and couldn't go back to sleep so I started playing around with ideas in my head. I was trying to decide between the Norah or Else. (prong or collet). I also love some of her rings with the lotus cut outs on the sides. My idea is all yellow brushed gold, collet setting with split shank and lotus on the side.
CVBringidea.jpeg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see what you find! I’m putting a setting together with Caysie as well, inspired by the one on the bottom right.
I love antique pears that’s going to be so pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your inspiration pics! Have you decided what you're going with?

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Love your inspiration pics! Have you decided what you're going with?

Yes, I am going to 18k yellow gold and platinum in a brushed finish. Her modified cut down collet setting with split shoulders. Lotus flower cut out on side and a hidden purple sapphire inside the shank.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results