shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique OMC yellow gold 30th B-day Cufflinks!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hello fellow vintage and antique lovers alike!
:dance:
I'm beaming this Sunday as I had been searching for the perfect high quality cufflinks (meaning precious metals/stones) for my bubs 30th Birthday that werent hundreds and hundreds of dollars and after searching for months I found my ideal cufflinks for him at an awesome price on Ebay!
They were tested to be solid 10k yellow gold (although to me they look richer than 10k- and I think im going to have them tested once in hand for a higher carat) with natural tiny Old Mine Cut diamonds.
They were described as antique and weigh 4.4 grams at .5"x.8125" and are the perfect size IMO.
Im so pleased with the purchase, I'm hoping they are just as perfect in person and are as described....in good working order. They should get here April 5th.

These also come at a great time as my babe just landed his dream job and so im so excited to present him with these!

The funny thing is, this man knows nothing about jewelry or quality despite me trying to teach him. I'm excited for him to gain more knowledge in the future so he realizes what kind of quality of jewelry ive been purchasing for him as the poor bloke cant tell the difference between "gold plated" or "solid gold", he just sees the word gold and thinks its just that. Haha :kiss2:

Here they are!
s-l400 (22).jpg s-l400 (24).jpg s-l400 (23).jpg

Also, they are unmarked, so if any of you have any thoughts about age or any other possible characteristics do share! (:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these! What a great birthday gift.:love: Happy 30th to your DH @TheGarnetGirl :appl:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Love these! What a great birthday gift.:love: Happy 30th to your DH @TheGarnetGirl :appl:

Thank you Missy! I hope he loves them as much as you do! :D
If he ever retires and we never have a boy and he wants to pass them down, making matching rings or necklaces for our girls from their dads cufflinks would be cute!
I know, I plan and think of the future way TOO much! Haha

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
They're here!!! & They're even better than I had imagined. So happy with this purchase and IMO 10k is so perfect for cufflinks which you'll inevitably bump on tables.
I'm one happy lady! I'll have to share his reaction when i give these to him!
:appl::appl::appl:
20190405_145103.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're here!!! & They're even better than I had imagined. So happy with this purchase and IMO 10k is so perfect for cufflinks which you'll inevitably bump on tables.
20190405_145103.jpg
They’re gorgeous - elegant and richly warm. I hope he loves them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190405_145103.jpg

Stunning. Buttery rich and luxurious. Your DH is going to love and cherish them. :love:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well those are just beautiful! I’m going to have to be on the lookout for something like that. :twisted2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring - is it Tigers Eye, or whatever that stone is called??

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both!

I truly feel like the cufflinks were a lucky little find! He loved them and keeps them in their display box by his nightstand.
Hes planning on wearing them for his first day of his new dream job in a few months!

& Yes! Thats a tigers eye set in 18k yellow Gold. Its antique and I purchased it on eBay and named it "Lydia" haha.
Tigers eye is a stone that not many others love but I've always found them to have such a protective energy and to be lucky in a sense.

axelrich

Rough_Rock
Those are some of the best looking cufflinks not to mention the ring...:wavey:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm surfing all of my old threads & seeing this boiled my blood haha

That little turd lost them!

Apparently he lost them pretty quickly after I gave them to him but didn't notify me until a couple months ago for fear I might nag on him. I had to really channel the energy of a monk because I wanted to throw a mini tantrum.

I silently recorded it and was calm as we all lose something every now & then but this man.....somehow I'm aware of all of his possessions yet I don't use any of them!

The cufflinks are somewhere in the house because he coveted them & didn't like to wear them too often but plum forgot where he put them!

Would I be evil if I found them & didn't say anything & instead turned them into two rings? or put both sides together & slapped on a hinge to create a locket? hahahaha

**Note that while he liked them he didn't understand the value or quality of the antique craftsmanship or love for old cuts....he honestly would probably not even notice If I was wearing the morphed cufflink turned ring. He's just not a jewelry, gemstone, or diamond man but I've spoiled him a bit.**

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These days a lot of men's shirts don't even come with the slots for cufflinks. This might be why he didn't wear them so often. I just checked and none of my shirts have a slot on the button side, including the higher end Nordstrom brand dress shirts.

I'm afraid cufflinks went out of fashion a long time ago, it must be at least twenty years since I wore a pair. I can see a young guy perhaps wearing cufflinks for best, and when going out to dinner on a Saturday night to please his beloved. However, depending upon his job, I can understand why he might be reluctant to draw attention to himself by wearing them on a daily basis. :eek-2:

@TheGarnetGirl I'm sure he appreciates your gift, and hope this helps you feel a little better. =)2

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How frustrating! Hope he locates them very soon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will turn up!
My husband lost his wedding band for months and we found it under the bed even though we had looked multiple times. Don’t lose hope!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
20190405_145103.jpg

I love cuflinks
Those are outstanding
Im sure he'll love them

What's that alluring ring sneaking into the shot ?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I
These days a lot of men's shirts don't even come with the slots for cufflinks. This might be why he didn't wear them so often. I just checked and none of my shirts have a slot on the button side, including the higher end Nordstrom brand dress shirts.

I'm afraid cufflinks went out of fashion a long time ago, it must be at least twenty years since I wore a pair. I can see a young guy perhaps wearing cufflinks for best, and when going out to dinner on a Saturday night to please his beloved. However, depending upon his job, I can understand why he might be reluctant to draw attention to himself by wearing them on a daily basis. :eek-2:

@TheGarnetGirl I'm sure he appreciates your gift, and hope this helps you feel a little better. =)2

I understand what you're saying & for many situations including everyday life most men don't wear them anymore but for his job he has to wear a button down, a suit, & a tie everyday & he's always wearing cufflinks. Usually he wears this cheapie silver pair or this pair his mom gave him. Hopefully they turn up!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and toes crossed that they turn up! But I tend to agree with @stracci2000...they'd make a smashing set of drop earrings!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
How frustrating! Hope he locates them very soon.

It's more likely that I will find them, which
Im now kinda hoping that is the case ha!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
They will turn up!
My husband lost his wedding band for months and we found it under the bed even though we had looked multiple times. Don’t lose hope!

Isn't that weird?! Its almost as if things surf different dimensions & then
once the time is right they poof! back into ours and appear in a place
that we most definitely checked!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
May I suggest...earrings?
They would be awesome dangles!

Don't buy your man any more jewelry.....lesson learned!! :lol:

I'm not sure if he's the average man, or if the average man knows
the difference between gold tone & solid gold....

It sounds awful but I'm seriously thinking of making those drop
earrings if I find them first. I would bet quite a bit of money
that he'd never connect the dots even if he saw me
wearing them.

When I gave them to him I told him that I was doing so
with the intent that if we ever have a little boy that he would
pass them onto him or if we had another girl that wed make two
rings out of them once he retires and give them to both girls!
So I'd be altering them as intended, just wearing them myself
until said daughter is old enough lol
:Up_to_something:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love cuflinks
Those are outstanding
Im sure he'll love them

What's that alluring ring sneaking into the shot ?

Thank you Daisy <3
Unfortunately the little turd lost them!

& that is an antique 18k gold ring with a large
pregnant tigers eye that I named Lydia (:
I recently thought about selling her but
put her back into my collection as she's truly
my dream tigers eye piece & I think I'd regret it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Fingers and toes crossed that they turn up! But I tend to agree with @stracci2000...they'd make a smashing set of drop earrings!

Now, when you say drop earrings, do you mean just slap a pair of
french hooks on them? Or if I'm off base could you find a photo?
If I can envision this & love it I might start a search! lol

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Simple and gorgeous. And then he can see them every time you're wearing them! Muahaha.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Simple and gorgeous. And then he can see them every time you're wearing them! Muahaha.

Yeah, I think I'm going on a search and rescue when he's at work!
Will report back when/if they're found!!!

If I'm going to alter them now I'll need some gusto from you guys to pump me up! Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results