shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique moonstone jewelry on LT

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else noticed a ton of recent listings for purportedly antique moonstone jewelry, from several different sellers, on Loupe Troop? It seems like there’s been so much moonstone specifically that it raises red flag for me. Or maybe people who have moonstone sitting around decide to list it because they see other people successfully selling it?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see only a few very different looking moonstone pieces listed in the last few months?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been on LT recently so I can't offer a thought directly to your questions. However I know moonstone was the flavor of the day not that long ago with a bunch of people jumping on the bandwagon to get one. It may be that several of them didn't end up wearing/loving it beyond that initial high and are now selling.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps it's just coincidence, though that's just a guess since I haven't been on Loupetroupe lately. I see antique moonstone jewelry on IG on a daily basis. It seems to be a fairly ubiquitous gem for antiques collectors...moonstones (and garnets and opals) were very popular in past eras and so they seem to re-surface frequently on the antiques market.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else noticed a ton of recent listings for purportedly antique moonstone jewelry, from several different sellers, on Loupe Troop? It seems like there’s been so much moonstone specifically that it raises red flag for me. Or maybe people who have moonstone sitting around decide to list it because they see other people successfully selling it?
There's two types of "moonstone" Make sure you're getting the type you really want.

Some years ago I started some discussion here. At the time I was looking to purchase moonstone and kept getting tripped up as to the different types there were, treatments, etc.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm one of those that have recently listed a few moonstone pieces so I thought I could speak to rationale. I'm currently going through my collection to sell pieces I don't wear anymore. I usually do so systematically, going through gem by gem, or type by type. I realized recently that moonstone doesn't make my heart sing like it used to, so I've decided to get rid of my moonstone pieces.

I know you questioned the authenticity of an antique ring that I posted on the pre-loved forum, but moonstone seems to be a fairly common stone used in genuine antiques. I see moonstone pieces multiple times each day on IG posted by the dealers I follow. Hope this helps clarify things! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results