shape
carat
color
clarity

antique "cocktail" ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coyle

Rough_Rock
That''s what the appraisal called it but I think it''s a 3 stone anniversary ring. Does anyone know anything about it like the design?

deco 3 stone ring 1.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I would term this on an appraisal as a traditional by-pass style dinner ring with a three stone center.Looks 1950ish to me.The style was very popular for dinner rings in the early 1900s,1950s and then in the 1970s.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have a very, very similar ring that's early 1940s; mine has a bit of millgrain and the setting of mine is a bit more ornate though. I'd therefore guess that yours is a bit more modern, which would make it probably 1950s, IMO. That style is usually two-stone bypass, but you do see three sometimes. I think they were more cocktail/dinner rings than anniversary rings from what I understand; I believe the "3 stone anniversary ring" concept is a bit more modern- perhaps 1970s/1980sin origin- and created by marketing, not so much a traditional thing.

Though you do see antique three stone rings, of course, I don't *think* they were meant as specifically an anniversary ring style as you'd imagine today. I'm pretty sure the three stone past-present-future anniversary ring idea dates to the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results