shape
carat
color
clarity

Another What Do You Think of This Diamond..

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All-

What do you guys think of this WF 3.76 J, VSE?

About to pull the trigger..

What a great size, love the measurements too. I would be very happy with this beautiful diamond. :appl:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah. 10mm of sparkle bomb greatness!

Not going to lie. A little concerned you won’t make friends here as you are going to make lots of ladies jealous. And your poor eye sight. Those giant flashes of rainbow light might blind you.

Seriously, love the stone. Everything looks great and as it should be for a super ideal dream come true. Plus you are in the hands of one of the best vendors around.

No hesitations at all. Fire away!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Can’t wait to see this SMTB thread!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! Super Ideal stone almost 10mm...gorgeous stone! Lots of pictures, please!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I'm a little concerned about the "clouds not shown" comment. I don't want anything affecting transparency or making it look at all hazy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a little concerned about the "clouds not shown" comment. I don't want anything affecting transparency or making it look at all hazy.

Have you looked at the "Sparkle" video? It looks very clean to me.

I would think "Clouds not shown" in a VS2 would be rather inconsequential.

You might ask if they can do a side-by-side video with a stone that does not say "Clouds not Shown" so you can do a visual comparison.
Also, see if you can speak with the geologist and have them talk you through what they see as far as the clouds.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can understand being nervous. It’s a big purchase. Maybe this will help.

1. The note “additional clouds not shown” is not a concern on VS2 as they won’t have any meaningful impact. The note is provided as a “reference map” to another grader.

2. The problematic note you may be thinking of is, “grading based on clouds not shown”. This is very different and nearly guarantees a transparency issue. Many times you may see a stone with nothing marked on the clarity plot and this note. I would absolutely stay clear of any stone with this note. Thankfully you don’t have this issue with this stone.

3. A very large majority of VS2’s will be eye clean. However size does come into play. Once you push over the 2 carat mark you should verify. The WF page does state eye clean so I believe you are fine.

4. As part of ACA criteria, the stone not only has to meet strict proportion ranges and true H&A symmetry but they are also vetted to ensure the inclusion types, sizes and locations do not negatively affect light performance. Additionally they vet to ensure they are not “sleepy” or as “crisp” as they should be. This can be found near the bottom of the ACA page I am going to link.

5. I have re-looked at the sparkle and brilliance videos of this stone. Neither appears hazy to me. If there are any issues, the sparkle video tends to pick it up because of the direct spot lighting used to create that type of video. I have seen some stones from WF recently that appeared hazy but I believe those were not ACA, but rather an ES or PS. And even in those, you have to also consider those videos are grossly magnified so seeing imperfection in that magnified state likely does not translate the same way back to the naked eye.

6. Please check out the new PS article on clarity. It’s very lengthy but has some good information. Section 3 deals with size and section 4 deals with the clouds notes, which you may find particularly useful.

7. At the end of the day, this is a big purchase and you deserve “warm fuzzies”. WF has a reputation for being honest even if it costs them a sale. I would simply call them and voice your concern. They can pull the stone and provide additional verification for you. Ask them to put it through the ringer, meaning scrutinize it from closer than normal, on rotated angles and also in various lighting conditions. I am confident you will get a positive result and this may provide the most reassurance you can reasonably get.

8. In combination with #7, you could also request the stone be sent to you loose for personal evaluation prior to having it set, etc. They should accommodate your request and provide necessary shipping both directions.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I waffled back and forth on this stone but I really wanted an I. It is really beautiful!! The cut is awesome! If you like it, definitely jump on it. This size doesn't come along often.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! She is gorgeous!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_chris , just beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures - it looks fabulous on you!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!!! Congrats!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful!! Enjoy wearing her!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
You should make a thread and post 100000000 more pictures!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so late to this thread but want to say anyway - congrats on a really really amazing stone!!!! It looks wonderful on you :love:

Please do start a thread - I want more pics too!! :cool2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kapow! Looks freaking gorgeous and amazing and I am so happy for you!! Huge congrats.

Now time to get the happy dance on. Good tunes are the key to looking like a dork. Ignore Carl’s really mellow dance moves. You got to get some round house kicks, Karate Kid wax on wax off and swooping crane kicks in there along with all sorts of spins. Maybe even warm up the dice and toss them for good measure, and definitely got to do the lawn sprinkler. :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results