Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Another thread on... to halo or not to halo

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So my cute little pair of sapphires have arrived from Yvonne R. They are so nice I almost wanted to make them into studs but I think I’m going to stick to the three stone ring plan.

Need some opinions before I make a final decision. Should I go for a simple classic three stone or should I halo the sides and / or the centre?

What about some melee down the shank?

Or am I over complicating things. I already have a RHR sapphire with halo and I wanted to wear this next to my wedding ring to make a set that I could wear together with the RHR. So thought simple and classic would be best. But I’m always tempted to smack a load of extra diamonds on everything.

If I go simple I definitely want six claws for the centre stone. And three for each side.

What do you reckon?

E6622BFF-2CE5-4B96-8CE2-0F8699E816B2.jpeg 92F7A5CE-FCC0-4FEE-B3E4-7785F55D3846.jpeg 0E41B013-4A79-41EC-A60A-57AA07F284CA.jpeg DEF06058-25A4-4F81-AE2F-ABFDAA75420F.jpeg 400ADE54-6307-4162-978D-E7E153AAAE2B.jpeg D6123CE8-3C1D-4209-9997-B21DE6F7C90D.png 7E709479-7761-473B-996F-8F6CAD3FA277.png 19B5BC75-47B2-4D8E-9C39-686EE7847091.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
No halo, but I'd go for the more interesting diamonds in gallery look (second to last). I LOVE the simple top view of classic 3-stone, but the gallery view can get quite boring and basic ;-).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think no halo too. The simple three-stone is elegant. Either way will be great, but personally, I am sort of over halos right now.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t halo, I don’t think haloed three stones are a particularly classic look although I am definitely a halo girl. I know you haven’t mentioned but are you worried about finger coverage, I wondered if that was part of the reasoning behind haloing idea? I am doing a three stone and am doing a double bezel to amp up the size.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I vote no halo because the ring on that handshot looks incredibly elegant.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just for a different perspective. If you don’t halo, will it be too plain for you to wear?

A 3 stone is very classic and elegant but if you are used to bigger rings, then maybe it will be too plain for you? I mean it’s a question that only you can decide and answer.

Personally and since I went through a similar thought process for another 3 stone (blue spinel with pink spinel sides) that I intend to halo when the time comes, this is what I’d considered:
- is the centre stone big enough not to halo (like I have a beryl that I probably won’t halo as it’s already so big!)
- will I pick the ring to wear if I don’t halo it (since my collection is full of big halo rings right)
If yes to both, then I won’t halo. If no to either, then halo it is. I like what I like and no apologies for liking them big and blingy hahahaha :lol:

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
I think you could halo the centre and leave the sides unhaloed. I would like that better than haloing all 3. I wouldn’t put diamonds along the gallery etc since you want to wear this with a wedding ring, and then you risk scratching up your wedding ring or needing a spacer.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for no halo from me.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would halo my house if I could, but I also like the versatility of no halo either. I have a three stone ring that I layer with blingy bands, so halo or no halo, it’s still blingy!

Those stones will make a lovely ring!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh Meely that is so pretty! Halos........ love halos.....

But Ok, I am going to let sense prevail and not halo it.

I will stack it with my eternity ring instead if I get withdrawal symptoms.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve got the house for you!
03895174-8FD1-40F5-B63D-425C5C762AB3.jpeg

Your post made me laugh. I did a dolls house for my 5 year old daughter for her birthday/Christmas. When we were planning and chatting we came across that very photo and she really wanted it!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.