shape
carat
color
clarity

Another sapphire question

Ragedstar

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I too have been stalking these posts trying to absorb all that I can, such wealth of knowledge is up here!

I am (along with hubs of course ;-) gifting myself a ring for recent birth of our first born.

I too have been drawn by teal and greenish blue sapphires, and looking to design a ring that will replace my engagement and wedding band on a regular basis.

Scouring the webs I have found many great resources.

I currently weighing too options:

IMG_3223.JPG IMG_3218.JPG

To my inexperienced eye, this seems like a beautiful stone

Alternatively, I have found the following

Any thoughts? Your input is greatly appreciated!

Sparklemore

Shiny_Rock
You may want to reach out to Inken at Enhoerning Jewelry. I believe she is getting ready to list a beautiful greenish blue large sapphire! Unheated, 5.58 carats.

Ragedstar

Rough_Rock
You may want to reach out to Inken at Enhoerning Jewelry. I believe she is getting ready to list a beautiful greenish blue large sapphire! Unheated, 5.58 carats.

Thank you, I will!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Ragedstar In terms of personal taste I absolutely love these teal greenish blue sapphires! :D Let us know how you get on!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I mentioned in another post, inventory appears to be super limited because of covid.

I would contact any of the following to try and source you a stone:

Inken (as mentioned)

Gary at Finewater Gems

David at Diamonds by Lauren (currently on vacation but probably will reply to emails)

We don’t tend to recommend NSC because of the owner and his fraud charges regarding whatever I can’t remember. Google it.

But these days, maybe you will need to take a chance with them. (Theirs looks like it has some color zoning.... you might ask for a video or ask them). You may have to see it in person. I kinda feel like I’m seeing a grey modifier in it??

This one probably blows out your budget by a lot but maybe Gary has some uncut material from this same one??

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love the one you already photographed in your hand shots!

Ragedstar

Rough_Rock
As I mentioned in another post, inventory appears to be super limited because of covid.

I would contact any of the following to try and source you a stone:

Inken (as mentioned)

Gary at Finewater Gems

David at Diamonds by Lauren (currently on vacation but probably will reply to emails)

We don’t tend to recommend NSC because of the owner and his fraud charges regarding whatever I can’t remember. Google it.

But these days, maybe you will need to take a chance with them. (Theirs looks like it has some color zoning.... you might ask for a video or ask them). You may have to see it in person. I kinda feel like I’m seeing a grey modifier in it??

This one probably blows out your budget by a lot but maybe Gary has some uncut material from this same one??

I thought that NSC had a dark spot too, they sent a video but seems like its only illuminating the left half of the stone, seemed little questionable to me.

The fine water piece is gorgeous, a bit out of the budget. I will reach out to Gary.

Yeah I was wondering if covid has had any impacts, we dont really have a timetable but now Im looking sooner the better;-)

Thanks!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
A lot of the Montana sapphires will have that color. They are quite popular currently though, so may be more expensive than another similarly toned stone not from Montana. GemFix is another that has them, Caleb Quashen carries them too.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I also love teal! I just bought a Montana sapphire from Gemfix and had a great experience so you should see what they have. I was looking in a smaller size than you so I'm not sure what their inventory is like but if you tell them the color you like they will try hard to find one close to it. I ended up with one more blue than I originally wanted and less teal, but the cut was amazing and it does go teal in artificial light.

In the one you posted I don't how only half of the stone seems to be lighting up. I looked at a stone like that and while it was pretty when the light hit it just right, it bothered me that half seemed to black out.

The Earth's Treasury one looks gorgeous and I've heard good things about his cuts. His prices seemed a bit higher than Gemfix but he has a great selection of teal stones. I've heard good things about their customer service too.

I thought because teal was not the "ideal" color they would be cheaper, but they do seem to be very popular right now. I think Nigerian and Australian stones come in teal though they were a bit darker than what I was looking for so I didn't do more research on them.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The whole decision hinges on how accurately these vendors have represented the colors. There is no way to compare these photos. I think you need to buy both and return one.

Knowing that NSC is high and that's a near-6-ct unheated stone and almost precision-cut, I think the color must be a big compromise. The photos in the listing are blah. The video in the listing is kinda gray-green. I don't trust the cellphone hand shots.

Ragedstar

Rough_Rock
Yeah I think the NSC one is off the table, the color is little grayer than desired. The hunt continues...thanks everyone for your feedback.

Ragedstar

Rough_Rock
I also love teal! I just bought a Montana sapphire from Gemfix and had a great experience so you should see what they have. I was looking in a smaller size than you so I'm not sure what their inventory is like but if you tell them the color you like they will try hard to find one close to it. I ended up with one more blue than I originally wanted and less teal, but the cut was amazing and it does go teal in artificial light.

In the one you posted I don't how only half of the stone seems to be lighting up. I looked at a stone like that and while it was pretty when the light hit it just right, it bothered me that half seemed to black out.

The Earth's Treasury one looks gorgeous and I've heard good things about his cuts. His prices seemed a bit higher than Gemfix but he has a great selection of teal stones. I've heard good things about their customer service too.

I thought because teal was not the "ideal" color they would be cheaper, but they do seem to be very popular right now. I think Nigerian and Australian stones come in teal though they were a bit darker than what I was looking for so I didn't do more research on them.

I was surprised how popular the teal color is too. The search continues, gemfix does have a couple of nice options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results