shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Ring Pic...This Time With Earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I finally figured out how to make the digital camera work for me.

Here is an amazing shot I got after around 30 blurry ones.

This is my ring, along with my .50c each earrings set on each side of the ring in the little box just for fun. I was amazed I got a good pic. It''s gorgeous!!
2.gif
Hmmm 3 stone ring in my future? Hee Hee.

threestones1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Verrry nice, Mara! I think that in reading your posts, I may have been convinced to go with a narrower band than I thought at first. Sure gives that center stone an added oomph, doesn't it? By the way, does your band feel a bit scratchy being an eternity band? I love the look but worry about that - or do you just get used to it?
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG...yes the thinner band does make the center stone look bigger! Depending on how high you have the stone set helps as well. Cathedral settings or the settings with shoulders leading to the stone tend to set it higher and frame the stone more. At first I didn't like that my stone head was a little high, but I have gotten used to it and I think it definitely makes the diamond look bigger. People think it's a 1.5c. I just agree!
1.gif

I was a little concerned too on the eternity band with scratchiness...but after the first few weeks, I don't even notice it and honestly it was never 'scratchy' to begin with, more like sometimes you feel it if your hands are pressed together. Also the one thing that does happen is that if I forget to take it off when putting on lotion for my face or something, it will scratch my face lightly. So far I don't have any big wounds though! You also become more aware of what you do with the bottom of your hand...eg. I have to be more careful when closing my coworkers brand new car door...he complains I am leaving scratches around the handle due to the stones on the bottom of the ring! Woops! However, I get a little thrill when I turn my hand over...so I am glad that I went with this setting. Plus it's pretty unique as I have not seen any others like it around.

2.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Nice, Mara, nice. And I love the idea that it's an eternity setting. It's so pretty. Your ring is one of my top three faves.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, those are lovely Mara! I also love eternity rings. I know having stones on the bottom seem impractical to many people, but it just seems more finished that way. Anyway, if it were about the practicality, we'd be spending money on vacuum cleaners instead of rings!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls!! Yes the eternity ring is a fun extra...and it's definitely not about practicality! Getting the stones all the way around vs just halfway only cost an additional $500, so we amortized it over the next 20 years or so and figured it was a good investment--for his mental health and my happiness!
1.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
it's beautiful mara.

hmmm, it certainly does look like a 3 stone anniversary ring might be in your future...trust me, i'm good with this stuff.
2.gif

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Fantastic photo, Mara! That ring and earring set is fit for a princess!
love.gif

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results