shape
carat
color
clarity

another project finished

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My spinel ring. Hunt Country, Gemcal. My monitor is not too good for red colors, but the ring looks very bright. The spinel is medium saturation, but very bright and the ring makes a statement! I like this color because it looks exactly like my last year's purse and I chose the purse because the color was unusual... Funny how we make decisions. All I can say is, Hunt Country knows how to set stones, high enough but all windows are closed. I think I shall send them my alexandrite to be reset.

spinelring1.jpg

spinelring2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Handsome ring, Crasru! I love the color and size of that stone. The cutting looks pretty good too - is it?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I especially love the prongs (semi-bezel?), they're just like a flower.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is a beautiful stone, and a really beautiful, unique setting. I love the prongs? Semi-bezel?

Moar pictures please!

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW.... :love:

That is just a very elegant ring; very lovely...

Most respectfully;

Dana

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that's gorgeous! Do you have pics of the stone unset?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! It seems like there might be a bit of a sea change in the PS colored stone world, I am seeing a lot more rings with interesting metalwork, and fewer halos. And another beautiful piece by hunt country!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous Crasru!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :love:

So, now that you are getting stones set, are you enjoying them again? :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minousbijoux - thank you! Yes, the cutting is very nice, and the stone is very bright and clean. The way they set it made it perform the best, though, because the light reflects very well in side facets, too.

Kismet - thank you, always nice to hear compliments from you, whose jewelry and taste I admire!

Chloeishere - thank you! I do not like my photography but my friend makes good pictures so I asked him to help me out. He will make pictures of some other stones, we are trying to photograph inclusions, too!

Dana, nice to hear from you! One large Lloliondo is in works... ;))

Athenaworth, thank you! Yes, I have photos of unset stone, but they are not too good. I shall find the link and post it.

Dragonfly411 - thank you!

Erinl - thank you!

NKOTB - thank you! Yes, I am enjoying them and wearing this ring! This is my new favorite!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Veeerrrry nice--I agree with the poster about the claws/bezel; elegant indeed.

Hand shot would be welcome!

cheers--Sharon

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another unique setting!! It's lovely.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk-gal! Thank you! Yes, Hunt Country is very good. I am impressed with the way they "respect" the proportions of the stone and set it accordingly...

TL - thank you! BTW, that gorgeous spinel ring you recently posted in one of the threads on red spinel - does it belong to a PS-er? Or was it just used as an example? (You know what I am talking about, it was ultra-gorgeous and then some!)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an awesome ring! Your stone is gorgeous and that setting looks perfect!!! Please post more pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've just spent some valuable time perusing that website--and there are half a dozen rings designs I desire! Thanks for the new vendor suggestion: btw how did you find them?

Imagine a Sphene in this:

http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/archiveFwd.jsp?year=2010&page=1 (see 18K w/g and tourmaline setting down the page...)

Lordy!

cheers--Sharon

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1320884717|3058202 said:
Canuk-gal! Thank you! Yes, Hunt Country is very good. I am impressed with the way they "respect" the proportions of the stone and set it accordingly...

TL - thank you! BTW, that gorgeous spinel ring you recently posted in one of the threads on red spinel - does it belong to a PS-er? Or was it just used as an example? (You know what I am talking about, it was ultra-gorgeous and then some!)

Crasru, that was a ring made by Nomad. They're a high end wholesaler of fine gems. I wish I knew who owned it, I would follow them around like a puppy dog. :love: :love: :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stargurl78 - thank you for your fine compliment!

Canuk-gal - I think someone on the PS mentioned them first, then someone bought a stone from Gemfix and used them to set it, then a couple of other people... I remember Kelpie's ring, the one you liked, with the tourmaline. So I just followed suit.

TL - again, it is amazing... even on my red-color-blind monitor it looks fantastic!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this crasru!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Pregcurious! What a wonderful link! I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw this stone!

Herekittykitty, thank you, you are so kind, as usual...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1320885563|3058220 said:
HI:

I've just spent some valuable time perusing that website--and there are half a dozen rings designs I desire! Thanks for the new vendor suggestion: btw how did you find them?

Imagine a Sphene in this:

http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/archiveFwd.jsp?year=2010&page=1 (see 18K w/g and tourmaline setting down the page...)

I'm pretty sure the one you're referring to is Kelpie's "sinister" ring - totally figures it would be the ring of another PSer.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I sighed out loud when I opened your post, Crasru. Very pretty unusual setting & just right for the stone -- which is beautiful. So glad you're happy with it & I hope enjoying gems again.

The Nomad setting linked by Canuk-gal knocked my socks off!

T

talamasca

:love: Ooooo lovely!!!

The colour of stone is gorgeous and I love the ring design.

Just beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am left speechless at the design, proportions and finish of the setting. I do have a setting design in mind for Hunt County too but am waiting for the horrible price of gold to come down a little as I've seen that they do excellent work. Amazing! :love: Can you share with us your experience with Hunt from the beginning to the end?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Jewelfreak! You are nice and gracious, as usual...

Thank you, Talamasca! I hope you enjoy your jewelry, too, you had nice pieces made, as I remember...

Thank you, Chrono! A couple of words re. my experience with Hunt Country. I am quite happy. I think you, with your taste, inventiveness and perfectionism, could create a very nice piece if you use them. They were fast in communication, open (they said they were swamped with work in pre-holiday season and would not be too fast). As you know, I never rush jewelers, so I expected a very long wait :lol: . But they were faster. I lack any imagination, so I just pointed out the styles I liked or thought could be fine for my ring, and off we went. They emailed me the photo of the wax model, and after that things went very fast.

I know the stone, and believe me, they set it in a very advantageous way.

Dear fellows, it will take me some time to post hand shots, because I burned my finger with my hair straightener. Not a big deal, but just a small nuisance. A blister does not show jewelry to its full advantage, :D so you have to wait till it heals...

A couple of words about the stone. Gemcal portrayed the color accurately, and it changes color. They described saturation as medium, which is also true. It is over 5 ct, so I think price is fine. Overall, it is a very nice stone that performs well and the color is unusual. So in general, their stones match the description. It is cut well enough, and it does have a tiny window, but the overall impression is such, that it can be neglected, and it closed well in a setting. I think that our lovers of precision cut would be quite happy with it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru you have such wonderful taste. Each of the pieces you've had made are individual and unique. I'm always amazed at how different they look and I can never second guess how you will have something made but they are always exquisite and executed to perfection. I love the reason you bought the stone - that's exactly what wearing jewellery is all about!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD - thank you! You have the taste, I have the whim... You are right, I realized that buying a stone according to " 'cause I like it" principle works best for me (same applies to purses :D). Interestingly enough, you can explain ad nauseum why a spinel or a Namibian spessartite are such wonderful buys, but people usually would notice the stones which I bought " "cause I liked them".

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Arkteia I don't know how I missed this but your ring is just gorgeous!!! :love: Delicate and different, I hope you are wearing it a lot!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Wow... What's to say that hasn't been said already?? This setting is absolutely gorgeous - unique and yet classical in design, all at once. I especially love the "prongs" or partial bezeling. What do they actually call that style, is there an actual name for it? I'm sure this ring will have quite a presence on your finger... which I hope heals soon, btw. You have my sympathy. Can't tell you how many times I've done that very thing! :cheeky:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin, thank you very much! I have been wearing the ring a lot, and it is very comfortable!

Coco914, it does have a presence and the setting is truly beautiful. My finger healed, although with a tiny scar, but it is OK... Good that it was not forehead...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results