shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Pinterest Fail...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pinterest. I find so many cute ideas and great food recipes there. One of the subjects I like to browse is beauty ideas. Over and over again, I kept seeing coffin shaped, matte black nails. So, I finally decided to take the plunge. I usually wear my nails in an ombré French coffin style. I though the black would be a little edgy, a little fun and kind of juxtaposed against my “mommy on the go” style...which I’m trying to change up a little.

Well...

I got a LOT of compliments on them while I was out with my husband this weekend. I did!! But after a vodka with soda water, my mind wandered a bit and I realized...”my nails look just like my big black dogs nails!!!” I can hardly look at them now! My nail appointment isn’t until next week!

Another Pinterest fail for me. Would you care to share any of your Pinterest fail stories?

Look I was trying to achieve..
017D40E4-559A-4809-B900-9EA3E59F0743.jpeg
Look I am currently sporting.
EC4553D7-2C60-42E5-A479-595166D4EE25.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I like them!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lololol! Chuckled out loud, not at your nails but at your comparison! !!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
aww, I like your nails! DF said they look nice too.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The human hand is the inspiration...not my nails. The inspiration nails are beautiful!! My nails didn’t turn out like that..I think the hand model has really long nail beds and pulls them off perfectly.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, so funny!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dog has great nails!!! I'm jealous!:mrgreen2:

I've had a few cooking fails from Pinterest. Lets just say things didnt taste as good as the picture looked. You win some, you lose some!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No pinterest fails for me because I haven't tried to copy anything, but I LOVE the website that documents them. So funny.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dog has great nails!!! I'm jealous!:mrgreen2:

I've had a few cooking fails from Pinterest. Lets just say things didnt taste as good as the picture looked. You win some, you lose some!
Oh...that’s an internet dog! My girl said she wanted to maintain anonymity! :lol-2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so cool on you though! My youngest daughter does her own nails and often uses black as a base colour or on its own. She has done coffins and claws. Don't know how she manages to work with them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I bet they look really nice HC, but I guess once you "see" something, hard to unsee it. :P2

My dd and I got the giggles over this -

97EDCBC0-26AC-4EE5-8AD7-B17BFD4813FE.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I bet they look really nice HC, but I guess once you "see" something, hard to unsee it. :P2

My dd and I got the giggles over this -

97EDCBC0-26AC-4EE5-8AD7-B17BFD4813FE.jpeg
:lol-2::lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

I feel that in the spirit of this thread... it must be said... @House Cat your pup has such handsome nails!! They look freshly manicured. My dogs would blush if they had any pride or sense of self :lol:

FWIW I think yours are gorgeous and wouldn't ever have made the connection without seeing your post - or, possibly, a vodka & soda :bigsmile:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol they do a bit!:lol:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The human hand is the inspiration...not my nails. The inspiration nails are beautiful!! My nails didn’t turn out like that..I think the hand model has really long nail beds and pulls them off perfectly.

haha! whoops!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized that after my post, but can't type much. Have 2 fingers taped together for a while. Still think it would have looked good!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it funny how something can seem like such a good thing to do then it reminds you of something else and you can't stand it? And once you've seen it you can't unsee it? Sorry the nails brought up bad images but another color, another day will be just perfect!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it funny how something can seem like such a good thing to do then it reminds you of something else and you can't stand it? And once you've seen it you can't unsee it?

My other half told me once that he didn’t like pearl studs because “they look like growths on your ears”.

I’m sorry, what? Can you not see the body colour my poor rep painstakingly matched, the soap-bubble orient - just how many “growths” can you see your reflection in, darling?

... I stopped wearing pearl studs around him :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other half told me once that he didn’t like pearl studs because “they look like growths on your ears”.

I’m sorry, what? Can you not see the body colour my poor rep painstakingly matched, the soap-bubble orient - just how many “growths” can you see your reflection in, darling?

... I stopped wearing pearl studs around him :lol:

The bad thing is that every time you put them on you still hear his words even if you don't agree with his assessment! Things can be ruined so easily - I try to remember that when asked my opinion and yet when I ask for an opinion, I want total honesty. Hard road to tow sometimes - lol!

For what it is worth, I don't see them as growths either - just lovely, nature made wonders like diamonds! I can't tell you how many people have told me that diamonds are just carbon - what's the big deal and why all the money? Seriously!?!?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results