shape
carat
color
clarity

another idealscope for review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hi, again,
This Idealscope is of a .45 diamond, SI1 clarity, G color. HCA 1.0 The lower girdles are short (74), but this is the reddest Idealscope I''ve seen, and I''ve looked at a lot lately! Can I trust the deep red color to be an indication of excellent light return? Am I just seeing the effect of the short girdles and in real life this stone may have less scintillation? This stone is very well priced, but I''m concerned I''m missing something. I''m shopping online and can''t see them in person.
Table 55.8
Crown angle 34.7
pav angle 40.7
girdle thin-slightly thick 1.2 - 4.0
star 55
lower girdle 74
depth 61.2

Thanks for your help!
half the price of the first stone (idealscope posted in my earlier post).

B110-314id2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:12:22 PM
Author:sarap333
Hi, again,
This Idealscope is of a .45 diamond, SI1 clarity, G color. HCA 1.0 The lower girdles are short (74), but this is the reddest Idealscope I've seen, and I've looked at a lot lately! Can I trust the deep red color to be an indication of excellent light return? Am I just seeing the effect of the short girdles and in real life this stone may have less scintillation? This stone is very well priced, but I'm concerned I'm missing something. I'm shopping online and can't see them in person.
Table 55.8
Crown angle 34.7
pav angle 40.7
girdle thin-slightly thick 1.2 - 4.0
star 55
lower girdle 74
depth 61.2

Thanks for your help!
half the price of the first stone (idealscope posted in my earlier post).
Nope, the tint of the red color is more due to equipment and lighting conditions. Instead focus on the actual colors, red, white and black and how much and where each color is located. This ideal scope is also very nice, so nothing to worry about there. (You might want to keep everything in one thread so it's easier to follow btw).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a good image and ditto KC's explanation, the girdle facets are fine and not a problem in any way.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feedback, both on the Idealscope and the thread.
I''m just learning the ropes around here :)
You are all so very helpful. I would have never considered buying a diamond online. I''ve got both of these diamonds on hold and will let you know how they look when I get the side-by-side comparisons.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results