shape
carat
color
clarity

Another happy thrift store find. Your advice?

missmarie253

Rough_Rock
I'm toiling over reselling these as I'm a collector first and can't seem to let go of any of my finds lol. They are VERY Long (2 inches) and have14k screwbacks. My guess is 40s to 60s. Any advice on what type of jade this might be? A home run or just for scrap? Thx

PS: I will update with photos of the possible lemon citrine filigree ring later.

jade earrings.jpg

missmarie253

Rough_Rock
Ironically, the only thread of 200 without a single reply. Did I do something wrong?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way to tell whatsoever by the pictures, which is probably why you did not get a response. Also, the price you paid will depend on the quality which I cannot tell by pictures alone.
1. It looks rather opaque, which transulency to tranparency is higher up the list
2. No clue on treatment. It could be dyed or resin filled.
3. No clue if it is even jadeite because they are many jade simulants

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Having spent 2 hours this evening going through a bag full of jadeite, nephrite, and around 8 possible simulants and trying to ID them with a full gemmological tool kit.... it's a blooming nightmare! I would happily not look at another piece for a very long time.

Find a Chinese jade expert is my advice! Or a skilled gemmologist who sees a fair amount of the stuff.

A photograph tells you nothing more than it's a pair of earrings with what look like green stones. Even if they do turn out to be jadeite, then you have to establish if they have been dyed or filled with resin or other stabilisers. Sorry...

The design is pretty!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I will tell you that I love the design, nephrite, jadeite, or plain ol' green stone! I do have a nephrite ring from the 60's that looks very similar in color, but as the previous poster stated, there is really no way to tell by picture alone. If you love the design as much as I do, have the backs changed to posts by a skilled jeweler (if your ears are pierced) and wear the heck out of them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results